PDA

View Full Version : Asus rog 502vs Random black screen problems

sleepyGrin
08-15-2017, 12:38 PM
Hello,

about 3 days after receiving my asus rog G502vs laptop, the screen started to randomly go black, and the only way i could get it back was to press twice fn+f7 :c
It happens mostly while under load like playing Overwatch, but it also happens when simply browsing on Opera or Chrome :/
For example i'm playing overwatch, and all of a sudden, the screen turns black, but the game doesn't stop playing and i still can hear the sound, it's only the screen which turns black.
I updated my NVIDIA drivers to the latest version as well as every drivers on my pc.

If anyone could help me, would be appreciated, thank you. ;)

PS: i found out that my monitor is recognized as a "generic pnp monitor" might it be what is causing the problem ?

ikfe
08-15-2017, 01:53 PM
About the generic pnp monitor problem, Go to devices manager and look for video cards, does the 1070 is recognized as Microsoft Basic Driver or something like?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

sleepyGrin
08-15-2017, 02:04 PM
About the generic pnp monitor problem, Go to devices manager and look for video cards, does the 1070 is recognized as Microsoft Basic Driver or something like?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

No, the graphic card is recognized as an NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070.

I just disabled the generic pnp monitor and no more black screens, but i can't adjust brightness and access to all screen settings. :/

PS: disabling generic pnp monitor doesn't make no more black screens, it doesn't change at all. :(

sleepyGrin
08-17-2017, 12:50 PM
Ok it got even weirder, now if I am full brightness and open chrome, or opera, the screen goes black instant as soon as I type something in the search bar. However, if i turn brightness lower no problems. Does anybody has an idea? :<

Darnassus
08-18-2017, 04:31 PM
Reinstall ATK Driver. ;x

sleepyGrin
08-19-2017, 11:14 AM
Already done, i just sent it to ASUS RMA, wait and see :(