PDA

View Full Version : Asus g751jt - coffee spilled on keyboard. I have a problem now.

teefn
08-16-2017, 08:45 PM
Like topic says. I spilled coffee (a lot) on the right side of my keyboard. Most of the keys still work (even on the part that got hit the worst.) However, I have a few dead keys. Most notably, my T and Y keys are dead as well as backspace. Is this problem fixable or am I stuck with using an external keyboard? Also, how can I completely disable my laptop's keyboard?

davemon50
08-17-2017, 12:58 AM
OMG what a waste of coffee !

Sorry, bad joke.....Sometimes it takes days for moisture to evaporate from the inside. If you haven't already done so, perhaps try unplugging it then waiting about three days prior to next attempt. That just sucks.

Clintlgm
08-17-2017, 01:16 PM
Well if the coffee didn't penetrate any deeper than the keyboard, you can replace the keyboard, some of us have Warranty 1 year ADP (https://www.asus.com/us/support/article/693/) Do you?
However more likely than not you have coffee on the Mother board and other internal parts. Coffee is acidic and will cause failures. Warranty or not you should get it to a repair station and have it cleaned up and tested out.

Darnassus
08-18-2017, 03:44 PM
If you're confident. Pull the keyboard deck off and give it a wash. ;d Water only, mixed with some Isopropyl Alcohol. Allow it to stand on its side for a day, ensuring it's completely dry.

The coffee I assume is bridging the key tracks from the cups with its sticky icky.. thus disabling their function. ;<

Otherwise, replace under warranty, or shell out $100 and replace yourself.

I myself..?