PDA

View Full Version : G51J doesn't start HELP PLEAS

danielexito
08-18-2017, 05:27 PM
Hello and greetings from Colombia. I bought my ROG around 6 years ago and I just had a problem 2 years ago with my keyboard, I just bought a new one and the problem was solved. Each year I open my laptop to clean it and I reboot his OS. One week ago, my laptop didn't start at first time I press the power button, but it started at second time.. But after that day, I'd been that problem everyday I used my laptop, actually, now, I have to press the button between 30 and 50 times to start it...

As I'm electronics technician, yesterday I open my laptop, clean all the components, and remove all the cooler system, bought a thermal grease to replace the original one and applied this to the processor and the video card, I installed again everything and at second time the laptop started. But today, after 30 tries, I'm so bored trying to start my laptop... I've been reading more than 100 recommendations but no one works to me... My laptop doesn't have battery, I removed 2 year ago because was bad and the laptop practically is a desktop computer now. I let it unplugged all nights from the power... What can you recommend me to do?

Thanks for read me and sorry for my English hahaha.

Best regards from Colombia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clintlgm
08-18-2017, 06:27 PM
Sounds like a bad on button to me?

danielexito
08-19-2017, 02:29 AM
Sounds like a bad on button to me?

No, is no a bad On button... Works properly when I tried to turn it on.... When I push it, all the leds turn on... But ones second later, the laptop comes off...

Darnassus
08-19-2017, 10:33 AM
You should keep the battery inside the unit.. no matter how bad the battery is, it still holds a charge and supplies said charge to the laptop when the brick cannot handle it.

Put the battery back in then report back.

If problem persists, please replace CMOS. ;x

MrRuckus
08-21-2017, 07:09 PM
No, is no a bad On button... Works properly when I tried to turn it on.... When I push it, all the leds turn on... But ones second later, the laptop comes off...

Could be the power components on the motherboard going out. I had this happen to one of my ROG laptops (cant remember which) and they had to replace the mainboard when it was sent in. :/