PDA

View Full Version : ROG Centurion - "New" version (with fixed microphone)

Pruik
09-08-2017, 11:58 AM
Hi,

Was wondering if there are any (web-)shops who allready ships out the "new" version of the Asus ROG Centurion, with the new fixed microphone.
If anyone knows please let us know.

Thanks!

Regards, Mika

Bahz
09-25-2017, 09:18 AM
New centurion headset with revised microphone should have S/N starting with H9 - H10, some will have H8 but to be safe it's guaranteed to have the revised microphone if the serial number starts from H9 onwards. Currently the stock in the market is still being refreshed and for some countries may take a longer time. You can check with retailer if their stock currently has S/N that starts with H9 or H10.

neoxaero
09-26-2017, 05:57 PM
New centurion headset with revised microphone should have S/N starting with H9 - H10, some will have H8 but to be safe it's guaranteed to have the revised microphone if the serial number starts from H9 onwards. Currently the stock in the market is still being refreshed and for some countries may take a longer time. You can check with retailer if their stock currently has S/N that starts with H9 or H10.

I bought this headset today and the serial number starts with GA.. Should I consider returning it and waiting til I can get one of the newer releases?

neoxaero
09-28-2017, 01:16 AM
I bought this headset today and the serial number starts with GA.. Should I consider returning it and waiting til I can get one of the newer releases?

Finally got on Discord and everyone was complaining at how HORRIBLE my mic sounded. I guess this headset is getting returned.

Jcswe
10-08-2017, 10:48 AM
I have so much Asus products and this Headset is crap, i have to send back mine and i get a refund to buy another headset. Last week my left side stop working And thats was enuff. My retailer dosent even sell this product annymore.

joopajoo111
01-11-2018, 11:03 AM
Could someone please point out where to actually buy these new refined versions? Ive asked every shop and retailer and even asus support themselfs and nobody has these h9 or h10 serial ones. I need one of the new ones ASAP :P

I live in Finland so would be nice to get one of those new ones here!

MasterC@ROG
02-06-2018, 03:08 AM
Could someone please point out where to actually buy these new refined versions? Ive asked every shop and retailer and even asus support themselfs and nobody has these h9 or h10 serial ones. I need one of the new ones ASAP :P

I live in Finland so would be nice to get one of those new ones here!

Found this on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/ROG-Centurion-Surround-Headset-Console/dp/B0725JXRBN?th=1
In case a replacement is necessary, we will reimburse you for any shipping costs incurred.

Please note that when checking to see if you need a replacement, look at the serial number on the side of the box.

The first character indicates the year it was manufactured: G=2016, H=2017...
The second one indicates the month, 1=Jan, 2=Feb.... A=Oct, B=Nov, C=Dec.
e.g. GA means it was manufactured in October, 2016, and therefore it needs to be replaced.

All stock manufactured before August, 2017 (H8) needs to be replaced. Only the headset, nothing else needs to be sent back.

Lukas044
03-01-2018, 08:17 AM
Hi,

i have one with H6 serial number. How can i replace it? My mic is just awefull.

MasterC@ROG
03-02-2018, 02:16 AM
Please private message me the following details and our team in your region will contact you directly. Thanks.

1. Your full name:
2. Address: Zip code:
3. Phone Number:
4. Email:
5. Serial Number (should contain CM):
6. Proof of purchase / invoice (share link to image in cloud storage):

Reefboi16
04-09-2018, 01:21 PM
Mine has serial H9 and everybody still complain that I sound terrible.

Stoss
05-03-2018, 08:17 AM
Hello
I bought a new headset with S\N H7***
In Russia Asus support dont know about this problem with micro and nobody whants to replace my headset.
What can i do with it?
P.S.
Sry for bad engl

MasterC@ROG
05-03-2018, 08:21 AM
Please make sure to check the serial number on the box, and that it begins with H8, H9 or later (the number corresponds to the month of manufacture). If not, then you are entitled to a replacement, just private message me the following details and I will inform our team in your region to contact you directly.

1. Your full name:
2. Address: Zip code:
3. Phone Number:
4. Email:
5. Serial Number (should contain CM):
6. Proof of purchase / invoice (link to file in cloud):

* Note that only the headset needs to be replaced, the Audio Station and accessories do not need to be sent back.

varnavas
05-07-2018, 07:23 AM
when new version of centurion coming because is stay at 1.1.17 the driver pack please inform us with news

MasterC@ROG
05-07-2018, 09:37 AM
when new version of centurion coming because is stay at 1.1.17 the driver pack please inform us with news

Is anything not working as expected with the current driver?

A beta firmware is available now:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Headset/ROG71_MCU1.8_DSP2.0_20180125.rar?_ga=2.172313763.1 8088649.1525655165-329128221.1511925089

A new firmware will be ready soon.

varnavas
05-07-2018, 05:35 PM
i have already installed the beta version but i recognize only the left and right speaker have active in the configuration program of the headset

MasterC@ROG
05-08-2018, 01:43 AM
i have already installed the beta version but i recognize only the left and right speaker have active in the configuration program of the headset

Please make sure you have enabled 7.1 by pressing the button on the Audio Station (7.1 light should be on).
Verify all of the channels are working here:
Try listening to some Dolby Surround Content using the Edge browser:
https://download.dolby.com/us/en/test-tones/dolby-atmos_amaze.mp4
https://download.dolby.com/us/en/test-tones/dolby-atmos_leaf.mp4
If you use Chrome, download first otherwise you will only hear stereo (2 channels)

When playing games, check if the they support 7.1. If surround sound is not supported, then you will only hear stereo.

varnavas
05-20-2018, 01:44 PM
Please make sure you have enabled 7.1 by pressing the button on the Audio Station (7.1 light should be on).
Verify all of the channels are working here:
Try listening to some Dolby Surround Content using the Edge browser:
https://download.dolby.com/us/en/test-tones/dolby-atmos_amaze.mp4
https://download.dolby.com/us/en/test-tones/dolby-atmos_leaf.mp4
If you use Chrome, download first otherwise you will only hear stereo (2 channels)

When playing games, check if the they support 7.1. If surround sound is not supported, then you will only hear stereo.
i have already check all but the same think

MasterC@ROG
05-21-2018, 02:01 AM
When you are testing each channel or watching the sample videos, do you see the equalizers working normally? Is the output set to headphones? Are all channels enabled?

varnavas
05-22-2018, 06:00 AM
When you are testing each channel or watching the sample videos, do you see the equalizers working normally? Is the output set to headphones? Are all channels enabled?

sometimes yes but sometime the sound is to low

MasterC@ROG
05-22-2018, 07:48 AM
The headset sometimes works, or does it depend on what game/software you are listening to?
Which channel(s) are too low?

What happened when you tested the sample videos above?

varnavas
05-22-2018, 08:51 AM
The headset sometimes works, or does it depend on what game/software you are listening to?
Which channel(s) are too low?

What happened when you tested the sample videos above?

when i tested the video the channels was work but not loud and when come the time for sub to work the volume was low again

MasterC@ROG
05-22-2018, 09:24 AM
So all the channels do work, but you think the volume is too low?

Did you try the beta firmware?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95885-Beta-FW-testing-for-Centurion-7-1/page4#post702780

varnavas
05-23-2018, 06:37 AM
So all the channels do work, but you think the volume is too low?

Did you try the beta firmware?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95885-Beta-FW-testing-for-Centurion-7-1/page4#post702780

yes i have already install all updates of the headset

MasterC@ROG
05-23-2018, 06:52 AM
yes i have already install all updates of the headset

Sorry, do all channels work or not?

1. If not - then you should get it serviced (RMA).

2. If yes, they do but you think the volume is too low - lower the volume for the front channels. (This is not suggested, if we use properly-tuned Dolby surround sound videos as a benchmark, lowering the front channels sounds unbalanced and unnatural)

S_the_Great
05-29-2018, 05:19 PM
Found this on Amazon:
Please note that when checking to see if you need a replacement, look at the serial number on the side of the box.

The first character indicates the year it was manufactured: G=2016, H=2017...
The second one indicates the month, 1=Jan, 2=Feb.... A=Oct, B=Nov, C=Dec.
e.g. GA means it was manufactured in October, 2016, and therefore it needs to be replaced.

All stock manufactured before August, 2017 (H8) needs to be replaced. Only the headset, nothing else needs to be sent back.

Hello,

my Headset has already been replaced onced (was a H1 headset). Now I read this so I'm wondering if my replaced headset needs to be replaced also (H6 one). SInce I dont have the box for the replaced headset because it came in a carton with bubblewrap I can't check the Box-S/N.

Greetings

MasterC@ROG
05-30-2018, 09:01 AM
Hello,

my Headset has already been replaced onced (was a H1 headset). Now I read this so I'm wondering if my replaced headset needs to be replaced also (H6 one). SInce I dont have the box for the replaced headset because it came in a carton with bubblewrap I can't check the Box-S/N.

Greetings

Most of the replacements were assigned with serial numbers starting with H6 on the headset.

izzylaif
07-27-2018, 08:20 AM
Found this on Amazon:

I'm so frustrated with the headset and even ASUS forum says permission denied to private messages.

MasterC could you PM me your email or something? I need to send you a proof of purchase for replacement I guess. Thanks

MasterC@ROG
08-03-2018, 02:58 AM
I'm so frustrated with the headset and even ASUS forum says permission denied to private messages.

MasterC could you PM me your email or something? I need to send you a proof of purchase for replacement I guess. Thanks

I have private messaged you, let me know how I can help. Your account status appears to be fine, you should be able to message me.

b0bz3n
11-28-2018, 08:21 PM
serial number j7 on box and j3 on headset however everyone says my other $80 headset microphone is way better also there seems to be no noise cancelling at all since they can hear my tv clear and on the $80 headset they cant hear any background noises :(

MasterC@ROG
11-29-2018, 03:24 AM
serial number j7 on box and j3 on headset however everyone says my other $80 headset microphone is way better also there seems to be no noise cancelling at all since they can hear my tv clear and on the $80 headset they cant hear any background noises :(

From your serial number, it would seem that your microphone is already the revised version (J=2018, 3=March). All headsets were revised after August 2017. Have you played around with Noise Gate levels and tested the ENC switch at the bottom of the audio box?