PDA

View Full Version : G752VS reviews please?

Darnassus
09-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Can someone please tell me their experiences with their G752's..? Mostly the ones with GTX 10 series.

I've had two so far and both have flopped in critical points within TWO weeks.

Please someone restore my faith and prove I've just had a REALLY bad dice roll..

First laptop NVMe controller died.
Second laptop keyboard died. (From a shut down...)

If heaps of others have problems.. I'm going to just get a different model entirely..

bluza26@gmail.com
09-10-2017, 02:53 PM
I have G752VM (1060) with 16 gb of ram and swapped HDD for SATA SSD. I have it for 3 months and its so far so good. Temps are nice noise level is low , overall good produc

The Cool Dude
09-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Hi there.

I have the G752VS OC Edition and it's a pretty cool machine. Here are some posts and threads you should look at.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...hinking-to-buy

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...350#post639350

My only issue currently is drivers for this model. Asus really needs to do better in this area. They still haven't resolved the touchpad driver and sleep issues with it.

I've been fortunate that I haven't had any hardware issues like you have had. Maybe just bad luck? Not sure what to say here really.

Good luck!

Darnassus
09-11-2017, 04:13 AM
.. I think luck curses me..

eddieboy912
09-14-2017, 05:04 PM
Or maybe 3rd time is a charm. I have the G752VS OC as well with the 1070 GPU. My only real issue is my battery drains only when I play games. I swapped the 230W Power adapter with a 240W dell one(I picked up a corner adapter and it works great). Now thinking of trying the 330W adapter.

Other than that, its been pretty good. I came from the G750 with the 780m card and when I tried to go back for the sake of trying to use windows 7(for DS4 Windows) I couldn't believe how I used to play on it.

Darnassus
09-15-2017, 01:08 PM
How long have you had the VS OC is a critical point. ;x

Also wish I knew about the horrid IPS glow..

ForgeOfGods-G752VS
09-18-2017, 09:11 AM
G752 VSK
I7 7700HQ (non overclockable) 2.8 ghz turbo ~3.6ghz
16gb ddr4 2400ghz and 2 empty slots for upgrade to 32gb
Nvme 256gb super fast boot up and warm up, 5 to 10s to completly boot up and turn on your chrome.
Gpu 1070 gtx some games runs even better then my brother desktop same spec
120hz panel is insane on fps games like doom i run ultra and its so smooth
Now minuses
Ips glow isnt bad but screen build very bad quality, i think china factory saves some money on QC , becouse of that screen have ips bleed at bottom mostly, fixable but not so annoying when playing, more annoying when watching mivies.
Next is audio. You realy gonna need speakers, becouse sound isnt loud and its so bad quality... my phone sounds way better..
Then keyboard, i cant say that its bad but illumination goes from the space betwen button and case, its annoying at nights, and its not RGB sadly.
Very very very big laptop. Very hard to find bag for it. It doesnt fit to regular 17.3" bag. You need bigger.

Overall i rate it 8/10 if u wont get it with crashing issue.
I like this pc. Its real desktop replacement.