PDA

View Full Version : G53SX Screen Tearing

Kerspoink
01-17-2012, 05:03 AM
I just noticed that while watching my favorite show on Hulu (misfits) that my screen is tearing constantly. At least I think that's what it is called. When there are visible horizontal dividers across the screen that kinda separate and offset the picture? I have the most recent drivers from Nvidia, so I know that's not the issue. Can anyone shed some light onto why this is happening?

Edit: I have forced VSync on through the Nvidia Control thingy, still getting constant screen tearing whilst watching videos.

ColonelS
01-17-2012, 06:05 AM
Hi Kerspoink

Is this the first time that such thing happen on your G53SX?

Kerspoink
01-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Hi Kerspoink

Is this the first time that such thing happen on your G53SX?

it was the first time i ever tried to watch a video, so yes. I've had this laptop since 1/6/2012. IT runs games well and stuff, but the tearing on videos and high heat has me concerned. I wish an Asus employee or super techy person could tell me if this is normal.

ColonelS
01-17-2012, 06:29 AM
If the screen tearing kept on appearing through out then is definitely not normal.

Pertaining to your other thread concern, im guessing you do need RMA since you already did clean install of your driver.

Any chance that you might want to do a fresh clean install of windows instead? To see if it helps?

Kerspoink
01-17-2012, 06:39 AM
If the screen tearing kept on appearing through out then is definitely not normal.

Pertaining to your other thread concern, im guessing you do need RMA since you already did clean install of your driver.

Any chance that you might want to do a fresh clean install of windows instead? To see if it helps?

a clean windows install was the first thing i did :\

Kerspoink
01-17-2012, 08:29 PM
anyone else experiencing tearing like this while watching videos?

fuzon1337
01-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Could you upload a picture, I want to see what you mean about "tearing" when you watch videos

For some reason my instinct says that you need to uninstall the graphics driver and then do a clean install of it (version 265 or 266 from nVidia's driver site)
(Note: when you do a clean install of the graphic card, there is a option when you choose the section where you can choose which drivers you want to be installed, and there you can check of the option "clean install")

How is it with latest drivers for your notebook overall? (WiFi, Chipset and so on)
Have you get rid off all the bloatware in your notebook?

Optional:
You could try CCleaner and run the register check, until it doesn't find any register files that you need, to see if that helps :)

krisbond
03-22-2012, 10:33 AM
hey guys, i'm kinda new in this forum. i want to ask somethin, i own asus G53sx laptop and it has 4gb RAM 1333hz, i'd like to upgrade my RAM to corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600hz, is it a good or a bad call? Is my laptop support the 1600hz SO-DIMM? Thanks before :cool:

Zygomorphic
03-24-2012, 12:55 AM
krisbond, I answered your question on your original thread.