PDA

View Full Version : G75 - Black and blue lines... start on safe mode only. Is my graphics card gone?

WILEz
09-23-2017, 06:38 PM
Hi, I have a very big problem with my Asus Rog G75 notebook.

This in the first screen at startup ... it stays this way and then it's all black without doing anything else:
I can start the notebook in safe mode only, and this is the result:

Is the graphics card gone? There are solutions or do I throw the notebook?

Cid6.7
09-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Download the app called DisplayDriverUninstaller
Boot to safemode & run the uninstaller. Once complete reboot as usual then install the latest nvidia drivers or whichever ones were on it before this happened. Maybe it took a update & messed something up..?
I'd try that & if it doesnt work I'm not sure what to tell yah..
Good Luck !!

WILEz
09-24-2017, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the answer.
But drivers interfaced the graphic card hardware with the operating system.
The problem comes since first screen at pc restart (before Windows and drivers are loaded) and even in the bios screens. So this is not a drivers problem. :(

Darnassus
09-25-2017, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the answer.
But drivers interfaced the graphic card hardware with the operating system.
The problem comes since first screen at pc restart (before Windows and drivers are loaded) and even in the bios screens. So this is not a drivers problem. :(

Try it just in case. Or overwrite the BIOS.

Does the pattern change as you open and close the lid of the laptop?

Gps3dx
09-25-2017, 01:24 PM
Is your issue exist in the BIOS's screen as well ? ( press F2 few times after pressing the power button to boot the laptop ).
if not -> it's definitely a driver issue ( the 1st photo you show is during windows boot and is effected by video/graphics drivers ).

if it exist in the bios as well -> most probably, your screen's cables are not connected properly to the motherboard.
if you're under warranty -> RMA your laptop.
else, open it, disconnect the cables and reconnect them again, making sure no dust got inside the connectors while doing so.