PDA

View Full Version : G752VS randomly restarts while gaming

Basstez
10-03-2017, 01:15 AM
Hello,

When I am playing any games my G752VS (gtx1070) just restarts randomly. Firstly picture just freezes for a 2-3 seconds (but I can still hear the sound), then there is some solid color on the screen (so far I have seen grey, red, pink, green and blue) and it restarts. I have checked the temperature of CPU and GPU while gaming, it is between 75-90C on both. Most of the times it restarts on 79-81C so I thought it is overheating but then I found information that I cannot change fans' RPM. After that I tried to play BF1 on max settings and I had almost 90C on both GPU and CPU and it did not restart for a few hours but next day it restarted after 10 minutes of playing BF1 and it was only 80C on both. So I am still not sure if this is related to the fans or overheating. The games where it restarts at around 80C are Divinity Original Sin 2, Overwatch, Battlefield 1. For example it never restarts if I play World of Warcraft or Witcher 3 (have 78 hours in steam and everything was smooth).

Also, I have second monitor connected that I am playing on. It has only 60hz. I saw another thread where someone had exactly same problem as I do. He just fixed it by putting his laptop's refresh rate from 75 to 60 but when I go to the settings I have only 75 hz on it. I tried disconnecting the monitor and using only laptop but it still keeps restarting randomly.

I have already tried reinstalling windows, playing on old drivers (around 350.x.x version), installing all the drivers and tools I have found here (https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-G752VS/HelpDesk_Download/) but none of that helped.

So, any advice? I can only guess that it can be related to the GPU because I can still hear the sound while picture is frozen. Not sure if this is something with power supply or cpu. Thanks in advance!

MasterC@ASUS
10-03-2017, 02:02 AM
Hi Basstez,

The laptop shouldn't be restarting randomly. Please contact customer service. Sorry about the inconvenience.

ForgeOfGods-G752VS
10-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Duplicate thead.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93688-G752VS-Crashing-Issues-(shuts-off-and-restarts-automatically)
Send your laptop to rma. They have to replace main board.

ForgeOfGods-G752VS
10-03-2017, 11:22 AM
Make sure you connect your laptop with microsoft account before you send it to RMA becouse after changing MB you will lose your win10 license. After you get it back concat microsoft in the troubleshooter and they will help you to reactivate it.

Basstez
10-03-2017, 12:41 PM
Thank you for the replies, will do that.

Albongo
10-03-2017, 06:16 PM
Hey, don't mean to threadjack but my G752V has been doing the exact same. Just got an RMA number and will be sending it away this week. Has anyone had one come back from RMA with this problem? What did they replace? Did it solve the problem? I know there was another threat, 16 pages long, with this problem but there hasn't been a reply along the lines of "yes it got RMA, and now its fixed"...Just curious if sending it in will fix the problem or not?

ForgeOfGods-G752VS
10-04-2017, 07:19 AM
All answers are in that 16 pages bro, rma fixed issue by replacing main board, issue was with gpu overheat, even if sensor shows you 50c she overheat in that temp, becouse gpu is soldered to main board they had to replace entire board. What else do u want to know? Rma took 2 weeks for me. Most of that time was waiting parts. If u have any questions please feel free to ask.

G752VSK