PDA

View Full Version : Asus Maximus X Formula availability

Leatjuhh
10-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Dear Asus,

As the title states; any info on when this board will be released and available. Especially personally I'm interested in EU availability date but for information completeness sake, please add other regions as well!

Thanks alot.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

RambOe
10-09-2017, 11:06 AM
I think on January 2017. The IX Formula was released on January 2016 in the EU.

JustinThyme
10-09-2017, 01:10 PM
This isnt following CES like the IX series was. All the Z270s hit the market at the same time with the exception of the Apex a month or so later and several months on the extreme. They already sent samples out for review a few weeks ago so I imagine the entire line, except apex and extreme, will be on the shelves in at least limited quantity within a few weeks tops to be fashionably late to the coffee lake launch.
Im just now getting my X299 rampage VI extreme today and Im one of the lucky ones. its been to market for over a month but always in EXTREMEly limited quantities. Vendors have been getting like 10 samples at a time and they are often sold out in a matter of 30 minutes or less.

The F34R Channel
10-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Late November according to the official Asus presentation slide. Same for the code. Why they do segmented releases is beyond me tbh. Do they want to make money or not?

JustinThyme
10-10-2017, 09:26 PM
Late November according to the official Asus presentation slide. Same for the code. Why they do segmented releases is beyond me tbh. Do they want to make money or not?

What they are counting on and it usually works is those who are going to buy it loyally will wait.
They actually make more money due to the segment of those who cant wait will buy a lesser board now then another in a few months.

Korth
10-10-2017, 09:45 PM
I think licensing issues could be involved. USB3.x certifications. SLI certification. Thunderbolt certification. FCC (and WiFi) certification.

The more feature-rich boards come with more paperwork, the regulatory agencies are probably juggling time for every motherboard from every manufacturer right now since Intel jumped everybody's schedules off track without the usual "grace period" before a major launch.

Raja@ASUS
10-11-2017, 05:42 AM

Segmented releases are a necessity because it is not possible to develop all of the boards at the same time. Some models also take longer to make.

Leatjuhh
10-11-2017, 10:35 AM
Segmented releases are a necessity because it is not possible to develop all of the boards at the same time. Some models also take longer to make.

Thanks for enlighting us Raja!

Can you confirm they will be in stores (for EU) around late november?

I'm post-poning my z270 build based on this info. Thanks!

JustinThyme
10-12-2017, 12:56 AM

Is this due to resource limitations?

With the speed at which the market is changing these days I would think they would put a team on every product and not practice the less is more management principles that seem to be the model for a lot of corporations these days. Cut positions and add the responsibilities of the position cut to someone else's already saturated workload.

Korth
10-12-2017, 01:25 AM
With the speed at which the market is changing these days I would think they would put a team on every product and not practice the less is more management principles that seem to be the model for a lot of corporations these days. Cut positions and add the responsibilities of the position cut to someone else's already saturated workload.
A problem with that idea being that while many engineers could do a manager's job, most managers cannot do (or even comprehend) an engineer's job.

To be honest, I'd rather not have any managers (indeed any non-technical "outsiders") bumbling or bossing around in my work area, lol, easier to work without interruptions and distractions.

JustinThyme
10-12-2017, 04:22 AM
A problem with that idea being that while many engineers could do a manager's job, most managers cannot do (or even comprehend) an engineer's job.

To be honest, I'd rather not have any managers (indeed any non-technical "outsiders") bumbling or bossing around in my work area, lol, easier to work without interruptions and distractions.

While I agree with your statement its not at all what I was talking about.

With Rajas statement the engineering and technical depts are obviously over taxed if they dont have the time to devote to more than one project at a time. I wouldnt want them spreading out trying to cover multiple projects as this just leads to confusion and further delays, what I was getting at is more engineers in the engineering dept and more techs in the testing/R&D. Certainly not management as they already made the poor decision to leave the bread and butter depts understaffed.

Raja@ASUS
10-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Thanks for enlighting us Raja!

Can you confirm they will be in stores (for EU) around late november?

I'm post-poning my z270 build based on this info. Thanks!

The roadmaps are loose schedules, so I'd give at least one month leeway.

Raja@ASUS
10-12-2017, 04:46 PM
While I agree with your statement its not at all what I was talking about.

With Rajas statement the engineering and technical depts are obviously over taxed if they dont have the time to devote to more than one project at a time. I wouldnt want them spreading out trying to cover multiple projects as this just leads to confusion and further delays, what I was getting at is more engineers in the engineering dept and more techs in the testing/R&D. Certainly not management as they already made the poor decision to leave the bread and butter depts understaffed.

There are people that look at these things, and you'd have to know the volumes of each product to understand if a decision is sound or not. At the forum level, all one can do is list ideals.

The F34R Channel
10-12-2017, 10:39 PM

Fair enough! Would you mind telling us then when the Apex, which according to the official Asus presentation slide should be available for a week now but isn't, will be for sale in Europe? I have my eye on this beautiful piece of engineering :)

Raja@ASUS
10-13-2017, 05:34 AM
Fair enough! Would you mind telling us then when the Apex, which according to the official Asus presentation slide should be available for a week now but isn't, will be for sale in Europe? I have my eye on this beautiful piece of engineering :)

Apply the same principal of leeway to all boards. I don't get involved in giving out dates as they are always liable to change.

Korth
10-13-2017, 06:03 AM
The ASUS Z370 announcement page (https://rog.asus.com/articles/maximus-motherboards/rog-introduces-new-z370-gaming-motherboards-for-coffee-lake/) says MAXIMUS X HERO already available in USA and Canada, APEX releases in October, CODE/FORMULA release in November.

But "The roadmaps are loose schedules, so I'd give at least one month leeway" and "Apply the same principle of leeway to all boards ... as [dates] are always liable to change."

Seems like the best answer we'll get until motherboards are actually on the shelves, lol. Very worst case leeway, APEX might be delayed until end of November, CODE and FORMULA might be delayed until end of December.

apricity
10-13-2017, 06:53 PM
Be careful on these forums. Reading the questions about release dates is funny to me in a mad hatter kind of way. I'm still waiting for the ability to order a rampage vi extreme. It's all a big game with our sanity.

Vlada011
10-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Now I see why people ask for Formula. Nicest from Formula series and bottom heatsink make big difference.
This is strong and I suppose heavy motherboard. I like heavy motherboards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VidlxjAvQDY

markussimo
11-06-2017, 03:41 PM
in another hardware board a asus employee wrote the boards should be available to buy next week :o

Leonidas_ee
11-06-2017, 06:55 PM
in another hardware board a asus employee wrote the boards should be available to buy next week :o

Can you link to the post, I'm waiting for the x code to finish my build.

Leatjuhh
11-09-2017, 12:45 PM
I messaged Asus Benelux on Facebook today, and they replied that they expect the Formula to drop before the end of the year.
As of now, they are still vague concerning the release dates..

I think on January 2017. The IX Formula was released on January 2016 in the EU.

Worst case scenario: RambOe could be right after all..

thorin
11-20-2017, 01:34 PM
Some one got news about release date? I know they shipping Maximus X Code from factory, but is Formula and Code gone be realse on the same time?

Leatjuhh
11-20-2017, 01:36 PM
I'm still stuck on the same info..

thorin
11-20-2017, 02:01 PM
Got some GOOD news, just pre order it now. It say it gone be in stock 27.November.
I'm from Norway btw

Leatjuhh
11-20-2017, 02:04 PM
Got some GOOD news, just pre order it now. It say it gone be in stock 27.Novemer.
I'm from Norway btw.

That is some great news! :)
Care to link your merchant?

I'm from the Netherlands, so not that it would matter.. :rolleyes:

Hopefully thats the current roadmap for all of europe..

But then again, Norway is usually one of the first in these kind of cases, aren't they?

thorin
11-20-2017, 03:23 PM
That is some great news! :)
Care to link your merchant?

I'm from the Netherlands, so not that it would matter.. :rolleyes:

Hopefully thats the current roadmap for all of europe..

But then again, Norway is usually one of the first in these kind of cases, aren't they?

Relay i don't know, but seems like it coming too Europe this month.

bought it on https://www.komplett.no/product/969521/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/hovedkort/intel-socket/asus-maximus-x-formula-socket-1151?offerId=KOMPLETT-310-969521#

Cant wait too get this, finale peace to my new computer, just the custom water loop too finish.

apw1963
11-25-2017, 01:23 PM
This place B&M list availability in the US abound 12/15

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&O=&Q=&ap=y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=CjwKCAiAxuTQBRBmEiwAAkFF1giMrTRYtE8HY05iN-E_dePWLfica218qJpSgNgUh5Ej0ODbbQxd-xoCagYQAvD_BwE&is=REG&sku=1376514

Leatjuhh
11-28-2017, 12:37 PM
The board seems to be available for pre-order on mutliple dutch webshops now.

When I asked when they are expecting the product to be in stock the answer was december 4th.

I'm hyped! :)

r4dz1k
11-30-2017, 11:31 AM
The board seems to be available for pre-order on mutliple dutch webshops now.

When I asked when they are expecting the product to be in stock the answer was december 4th.

I'm hyped! :)

Yeah I spoke to one guy(shop based in Norway) and he said they expecting to get this item on 8th of DEC.*
Also, on polish web there is one formula which costs 1777 PLN >>380 gbp. *I got a reply from them, saying the item should be available on 5th. website is called xkom.pl

Cant wait to get it. *

umalip
12-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Just ordered my Maximus X Formula on newegg.com. Site said it should be shipping this week....

bydrops
12-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Hello Everybody, I'm New
I would like to know when the maximus x formula will go on sale at Amazon
regards

Tom25624
12-16-2017, 12:23 AM
Dear Me
You placed an order (Order) on 11/25/17.

The following is still out of stock:

ROG Maximus X Formula LGA 1151 Z370 ATX Motherboar
(ASROGMAXXFRM)
Qty:1

We apologize for any inconvenience and will keep you posted.
Any Questions? Contact us at 212-444-6615 or cs@bhphoto.com

Thank you,
The B&H Customer Service Team