PDA

View Full Version : G73Sw-Xti Randomly shutdown and restart

TeRmInAsHuNaToR
01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
For the past day, while I am palying World of Warcraft, the computer abruptly and without warning shuts down. It is not an overheat shutdown, the temperatures are 60's for the CPU and 70's for the GPU.
Only seems to happen while gaming, so I uninstalled the Nvidia Beta drivers and rolled back to 285.62 with no change.

fuzon1337
01-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Hi

You could try to restore your notebook to an earlier point when this didn't happen.

Also, you could download ccleaner and run the register to clean the register files to see if that helps with your problem.

TeRmInAsHuNaToR
01-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi

You could try to restore your notebook to an earlier point when this didn't happen.

Also, you could download ccleaner and run the register to clean the register files to see if that helps with your problem.

The computer is a fresh reload from 5 days ago, and I run Ccleaner weekly to maintain my system. :)
Great minds think alike, thanks for the tips, but I still have the issue.

fuzon1337
01-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Hehe, thats good ^^

Have you installed the latest software for your hardware lately (chipset, WiFi card and so on) ?

I have a option for you to check but I am not on my notebook atm, so I cant remember where to find it in controlpanel -.- (it's a place to check if there is any issues makeing your notebook shutdown, then it would be logged there or how to explain it)

EDIT: perhaps there is some updates that the notebook is trying to install? And thats why it randomly shuts down?

TeRmInAsHuNaToR
01-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Hehe, thats good ^^

Have you installed the latest software for your hardware lately (chipset, WiFi card and so on) ?

I have a option for you to check but I am not on my notebook atm, so I cant remember where to find it in controlpanel -.- (it's a place to check if there is any issues makeing your notebook shutdown, then it would be logged there or how to explain it)

Well I had just reloaded the computer, a fresh install with the latest updates. I checked Chastity's thread with all the drivers so it is relatively certain I am up to date.