PDA

View Full Version : Maximus x code Release/Availability

Leonidas_ee
11-06-2017, 10:57 AM
I know this has been asked/posted somwhere around these forums, and the roadmap shows Nov release. But alas November is here, and the last piece of my build, the x code is still just that missing. Anyone including Asus has any news on when this board will be available for pre-order, given we are now in November.

Zander223
11-08-2017, 02:59 AM
I know this has been asked/posted somwhere around these forums, and the roadmap shows Nov release. But alas November is here, and the last piece of my build, the x code is still just that missing. Anyone including Asus has any news on when this board will be available for pre-order, given we are now in November.

Funny you say this. I am in the exact same boat. I wish they would be more upfront on release dates and stuff. I am deciding between the code or formula for my build (leaning more towards code since I wouldn't use the water cooling) But I have everything but the MoBo (the 8700k was so hard to get but finally got one :). I would love more info on when they board will be available. Would also love to know when the ROG Swift PG35VQ will be available. That would just complete my build perfectly and be the icing on the cake. ;-)

Leonidas_ee
11-08-2017, 03:56 AM
It is also funny that I'm also waiting on the PG35VQ as well :-)
And yes I considered the Formula at one point before the i7 8700k hit the market and the 10th gen Maximus was upon us. The differences between the 2 are so minimal now, minus the water cooling, which I won't be using.
It would be nice if I can just pre-order it, it was hard enough locating an 8700k CPU! Now it's all collecting dust without a MOBO!

Raja@ASUS
11-08-2017, 08:12 AM
Always give the slides 1-2 months of leeway. They are simply estimations and even when accurate, they don't include shipping or channel distribution delays.

Leonidas_ee
11-08-2017, 11:44 AM
Always give the slides 1-2 months of leeway. They are simply estimations and even when accurate, they don't include shipping or channel distribution delays.

Slightly disappointing since I bought all the parts and waiting for the Code. Here is to hoping it's not a 2 month delay. I might add that I would have probably not spent time looking for hard to find parts (I7 8700k, Asus 1080TI OC) have I known this wasn't coming out in November.

Raja@ASUS
11-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Still three weeks left in Nov, so there's plenty of time.

Zander223
11-08-2017, 09:27 PM
It is also funny that I'm also waiting on the PG35VQ as well :-)
And yes I considered the Formula at one point before the i7 8700k hit the market and the 10th gen Maximus was upon us. The differences between the 2 are so minimal now, minus the water cooling, which I won't be using.
It would be nice if I can just pre-order it, it was hard enough locating an 8700k CPU! Now it's all collecting dust without a MOBO!

I completely agree with you. I wish I could just pre-order it so when it is released it would just come. Would put my mind at ease. And I agree with you as well, if I knew it was going to be 2 months I would of held off going crazy trying to get everything else. I have a 8700K, ASUS ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti, A Corsair 570X white case, and a bunch of RGB stuff including memory staring me in the face just waiting for the MoBo. I will cross my fingers and hope something happens in the next week or two. Here's to wishful thinking, lol.

Leonidas_ee
11-09-2017, 03:46 AM
Here is to hoping Raja's reply means this is still coming in November not 1-2 month. And I just bought everything else minus the MOBO. This is irritating waiting for the one piece to operate it all!

ryanhuang0703
11-09-2017, 11:09 PM
I'm also waiting for this one, but if it is not going to release at thanksgiving week or making any further announcement, I will just go ahead to get the Giga's one. Tired to wait for something without any information.

Leonidas_ee
11-10-2017, 12:54 AM
I'm also waiting for this one, but if it is not going to release at thanksgiving week or making any further announcement, I will just go ahead to get the Giga's one. Tired to wait for something without any information.
It is unfortunate, such a great MOBO to not be available yet. And I'm a huge ASUS fan. But yeah eventually even previous customers lose patience.

Raja@ASUS
11-10-2017, 10:17 AM
This kind of stuff happens with every launch. It's always wise to think about how long you're willing to wait. If you have a pressing need, there are plenty of options out there. Local timeframes from product intros vary a lot. I guess one thing someone else said is a good indicator; once the local product page goes live, it means the release is imminent.

Leonidas_ee
11-10-2017, 01:06 PM
This kind of stuff happens with every launch. It's always wise to think about how long you're willing to wait. If you have a pressing need, there are plenty of options out there. Local timeframes from product intros vary a lot. I guess one thing someone else said is a good indicator; once the local product page goes live, it means the release is imminent.

US page has been up for a few days now so here is to imminent being true.

Gulvan
11-13-2017, 06:11 PM
I found this site that has an estimate receiving date. It used to say 11/18 and now 11/19 so not sure if that means that is there estimated receiving date or what.

Code: https://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=665443
Formula: https://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=665442

What really sucks is just waiting and not knowing anything.

Leonidas_ee
11-13-2017, 08:49 PM
I found this site that has an estimate receiving date. It used to say 11/18 and now 11/19 so not sure if that means that is there estimated receiving date or what.

Code: https://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=665443
Formula: https://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=665442

What really sucks is just waiting and not knowing anything.
Thanks for the link, I see the manufacturers warehouse date also. However that doesn't mean retailers will have it. Actual status says item must be drop shipped from manufacturer 2-4 weeks. And then when you place the item in your cart, it says backordered. This makes it even worse does that mean that this thing won't be here for another month or 2. Wish ASUS would give a concrete release date, and forgo the marketing vagueness. Literally have all the parts to build my PC minus this. I also checked Newegg & Amazon US market and still nothing doesn't even come up.

Leonidas_ee
11-13-2017, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the link, I see the manufacturers warehouse date also. However that doesn't mean retailers will have it. Actual status says item must be drop shipped from manufacturer 2-4 weeks. And then when you place the item in your cart, it says backordered. This makes it even worse does that mean that this thing won't be here for another month or 2. Wish ASUS would give a concrete release date, and forgo the marketing vagueness. Literally have all the parts to build my PC minus this. I also checked Newegg & Amazon US market and still nothing doesn't even come up.

Although looking again not sure the listing on this website means anything it is showing similar info for the IX Code which has been around for almost a year. Again ASUS spill the beans already... sigh

Raja@ASUS
11-13-2017, 11:18 PM
Release dates are never as precise as you want them to be. Too many variables in the chain.

Leonidas_ee
11-13-2017, 11:29 PM
Release dates are never as precise as you want them to be. Too many variables in the chain.

Raja appreciate the feedback on the forums. However I am not buying ASUS doesn't know the release, although I understand not being able to disclose it. It's just now a waiting game with me staring at a bunch of pretty PC parts. Also why not open it for pre-order everyone knows the product is coming eventually.

Gulvan
11-14-2017, 12:33 AM
I just saw what you mentioned regarding the 2-3 weeks, I guess when we see them instock that means it will most likely be starting to push out to other vendors.

Raja@ASUS
11-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Raja appreciate the feedback on the forums. However I am not buying ASUS doesn't know the release, although I understand not being able to disclose it. It's just now a waiting game with me staring at a bunch of pretty PC parts. Also why not open it for pre-order everyone knows the product is coming eventually.

It's always guesswork, at best, as the delays can be significant for every region. You don't have to believe that, but it is what it is. And AFAIK, preorders are up to the retailer, not the vendor.

Leonidas_ee
11-14-2017, 01:58 PM
It's always guesswork, at best, as the delays can be significant for every region. You don't have to believe that, but it is what it is. And AFAIK, preorders are up to the retailer, not the vendor.

It would be hard for retailers to list pre-order options without a released price tag from the manufacturer.

Raja@ASUS
11-14-2017, 02:02 PM
The board will be released when it's released. It's always been that way and always will be.

DeciderVT
11-15-2017, 12:33 PM
The board will be released when it's released. It's always been that way and always will be.

Someone on the Intel subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/7cwz02/after_waiting_for_i78700k_now_i_start_to_wait_for/dptanko/) has suggested that you've said that the Code has been delayed until mid-December. Can you confirm if this is the case?

Raja@ASUS
11-15-2017, 12:48 PM
Someone on the Intel subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/7cwz02/after_waiting_for_i78700k_now_i_start_to_wait_for/dptanko/) has suggested that you've said that the Code has been delayed until mid-December. Can you confirm if this is the case?

I dont recall saying that or giving exact release timeframes. You know how things go on the Internet. Tomorrow, someone on the internet may say "DeciderVT said that he prefers to be called by his real name, which is Father Jimbus." Doesn't make it true. :D

domi1711
11-15-2017, 02:54 PM
Just FYI, you can preorder the Formula on casekings website.
This means it wont take long anymore :)

Raja, do you know anything about how many boards are on the way? Will the first batch be as limited as the Apex's one?

Leonidas_ee
11-15-2017, 02:59 PM
I have seen multiple reports that the boards are delayed not just the Reddit posts true or not remains to be seen. But it is mid November and the lack of info from ASUS might be an indication that the board is indeed late. May be time to look at other options. All online retailers listing this say no stock and backordered.

Zander223
11-15-2017, 05:45 PM
I have seen multiple reports that the boards are delayed not just the Reddit posts true or not remains to be seen. But it is mid November and the lack of info from ASUS might be an indication that the board is indeed late. May be time to look at other options. All online retailers listing this say no stock and backordered.

I am in the same boat as Leonidas, I have all the parts and just waiting on the MoBo. My frustration lies with the lack of communication. I would be really happy if Asus was just more upfront and open about things. Even if it is delayed until December, and then into January. I would rather know that then no communication on it at all. While it is a different market, video game developers used to be this way as well. More and more developers are now giving more communication and it is a better place for that. Even if the update is bad. Anyway, I hope to hear something about the Asus ROG Maximus X Code soon. I really don't want to have to settle for the Hero.

Gulvan
11-15-2017, 05:55 PM
There are more than just us that post here or on reddit or anywhere else that are frustrated with the lack of information. The main issue looks like that intel launched the CPUs too early and so the board manufacturers are behind in their internal roadmap.

I can guarantee they have a target date internally, it is just bad practice to say "we are expecting them to start launching by 11/20" and then 11/20 comes by and a "looks like we have to push back to 12/14" etc etc. Remember that Asus is a publicly traded company, so they do not like having "push back" reports as it hurts their stock.

But good news! The site I linked to a few posts back says their estimated times are from Asus so just keep an eye on there and hopefully we will know more. I would probably bet that the times are not only for Asus having them but for the company to have them available from Asus.

My take is that they are hoping for a pre-Black Friday launch. I wouldn't be surprised if we see one retailer having them first (like Apex and B&H), but it making its way everyone until mid December to early January.

Leonidas_ee
11-15-2017, 08:27 PM
I think the issue here is they already communicated mid November, and then silence. So as far as stock price, if this even affects it, the damage is done if they don't meat the communicated date. The damage for no communication with customers however could lead to people just settling for something else altogether, especially when so much time was vested in getting the processor which was almost impossible to secure. The MSI godlike is starting to look attractive, the downside is I'd have to switch my gpu.

Raja@ASUS
11-15-2017, 08:57 PM
I think the issue here is they already communicated mid November, and then silence. So as far as stock price, if this even affects it, the damage is done if they don't meat the communicated date. The damage for no communication with customers however could lead to people just settling for something else altogether, especially when so much time was vested in getting the processor which was almost impossible to secure. The MSI godlike is starting to look attractive, the downside is I'd have to switch my gpu.

The roadmap got leaked by a site rather than it being an official communication channel directly to users.

This type of hoo-haa occurs before every product release, and things are always the same. As I said before, if you need a system, you should purchase one. There are some pretty good boards out already.

Gulvan
11-15-2017, 09:40 PM
Hey Raja,

Do you guys tend to announce things as they come out or do you stick to 'announcment days' during the week such as Monday/Tuesdays? Maybe that will help people in regards to the board.

Raja@ASUS
11-16-2017, 08:29 AM
Hey Raja,

Do you guys tend to announce things as they come out or do you stick to 'announcment days' during the week such as Monday/Tuesdays? Maybe that will help people in regards to the board.

Standard business operating hours are Mon-Fri.

Leonidas_ee
11-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Pcpartcanada has now removed the date and simply says no stock. Attempted to message ASUS on Facebook couple days ago no luck.

Gulvan
11-16-2017, 05:30 PM
It is showing the dates for me, but they moved back a day, every day so it looks like those are the estimated timetables.

I have also seen other places starting to list 12/4 for the formula and 12/15 for the code. These are still, obviously, estimated release days. But I have started to see more and more sites list the boards for preorder/backorder, so it does look like they are getting information for Asus in regards to specs/details/etc. I decided I am going to wait instead of going for another board. But if it hits end of December ill probably just pick up a hero.

EDIT:
newegg has the TUF pro gaming for 99 so I picked that up until the formula comes out. Not the best board but saw a few overclockers actually like it for decent overclocking.

Raja@ASUS
11-17-2017, 10:11 AM
Well, I've been told that boards have started shipping from HQ to local teams just this week. Anyone's guess how much time they will take to arrive in each location and when they'll be available on-shelf, as there are numerous entities in the chain. Good luck!

smudgerox
11-17-2017, 10:48 AM
raja, can you elaborate what 'local teams' means?

Raja@ASUS
11-17-2017, 11:06 AM
raja, can you elaborate what 'local teams' means?

Local offices.

Leonidas_ee
11-17-2017, 11:52 AM
Raja that is great news, I'll keep my eye out on retailers websites.

DeciderVT
11-17-2017, 01:47 PM
Fingers and toes are crossed. Can't wait to move from my Core2Duo to i7-8700k. :D

Raja@ASUS
11-17-2017, 02:44 PM
Raja that is great news, I'll keep my eye out on retailers websites.

Remember to account for shipping from Taiwan to local regions, then processing in local offices, then shipment to distis, and finally shipment to the retails plus the processing before on-shelf. Lots of hoops to go through.

Leonidas_ee
11-17-2017, 02:54 PM
Remember to account for shipping from Taiwan to local regions, then processing in local offices, then shipment to distis, and finally shipment to the retails plus the processing before on-shelf. Lots of hoops to go through.
Yes all good calls, at least now we know it's pretty imminent. Can't wait, by the way the Code & Formula both look great Aesthetics wise.

Gulvan
11-17-2017, 06:20 PM
Of course as soon as I pick up the TUF! DANG YOU RAJA =P. Thats ok, my VUE fluid isnt shipping until december anyways, so Ill jut have to update the build come xmas holiday

DeciderVT
11-17-2017, 06:57 PM
Of course as soon as I pick up the TUF! DANG YOU RAJA =P. Thats ok, my VUE fluid isnt shipping until december anyways, so Ill jut have to update the build come xmas holiday

More or less why I've been sitting here with an 8700k ready to go... I just knew that the week after I'd give up and buy another board would be the week that the Code launches. ;)

Santana1551
11-17-2017, 08:08 PM
I was literally just on Newegg and about to break down and buy the Hero because I couldn't wait for the Code anymore, but thought I'd check the forum to see if there were any updates. Thank goodness I did. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Code will appear on Newegg within the next couple weeks!

smudgerox
11-18-2017, 12:24 AM

any idea how long that stuff _usually_ takes? just trying to plan ahead

Leonidas_ee
11-18-2017, 12:43 AM
I got a reply from ASUS ROG FB they said be on the lookout for new information soon here http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/z370-motherboard-guide-coffee-lake/
I'm just glad it's not long now getting anxious to build the system and put a lot of effort into not only performance but aesthetics as well hence want the Code not Hero.

Raja@ASUS
11-18-2017, 06:20 AM
any idea how long that stuff _usually_ takes? just trying to plan ahead

Varies by region, and not all release the board as soon as they receive it. Some of the steps can take a week, or even more.

Leonidas_ee
11-20-2017, 06:10 PM
Anyone seen any updates or availability on these boards.
Major retailers in the US still have not listed them, and the official ASUS page still only shows 'November' with no pricing information.

Santana1551
11-20-2017, 07:21 PM
Anyone seen any updates or availability on these boards.
Major retailers in the US still have not listed them, and the official ASUS page still only shows 'November' with no pricing information.

I haven't seen anything yet - neither Newegg nor B&H Photo list either the Code or Formula. You can, however, pre-order them on Shopblt.com, but there's no indication when they might have them in stock. I've never ordered anything from this site though, so I don't know how legit they are.

nate0wnz
11-21-2017, 08:15 AM
I checked Frys.com and it stated the Formula was estimated to ship by December 4th. So we will see!

https://www.frys.com/product/9415221?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Contempt
11-21-2017, 10:20 AM
You can preorder the motherboard off Komplett. Theyre scandinavias biggest computer component store and have set a ship date on 28th of November, although it's subject to change, but I guess that means we're getting there

Santana1551
11-21-2017, 06:41 PM
I checked Frys.com and it stated the Formula was estimated to ship by December 4th. So we will see!

https://www.frys.com/product/9415221?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Thanks for the heads up on Frys. It's encouraging to see that the Formula may be available by Dec 4. Too bad there's no mention of the Code.

Contempt
11-21-2017, 08:19 PM
Too bad there's no mention of the Code.
Komplett just came out with the release date of the code, 30th of November :)
https://www.komplett.no/product/969513/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/hovedkort/intel-socket/asus-maximus-x-code-socket-1151?offerId=KOMPLETT-310-969513#

Santana1551
11-21-2017, 11:04 PM
Komplett just came out with the release date of the code, 30th of November :)
https://www.komplett.no/product/969513/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/hovedkort/intel-socket/asus-maximus-x-code-socket-1151?offerId=KOMPLETT-310-969513#

I'm in the US, so hopefully the release date here will be the same or similar

nate0wnz
11-21-2017, 11:58 PM
I'm just curious from all the people waiting for the code. I just purchased the Hero for the 8700k. What are the primary reasons to get the Code over the Hero at this point?

Thanks!

Contempt
11-22-2017, 12:51 AM
For the code? Mostly just the ROG armor, there should not be any performance difference as far as I know. The Forumula is where it's at with the added IO shield and waterblock for your custom loop.

Leonidas_ee
11-22-2017, 02:34 AM
I'm in the US, so hopefully the release date here will be the same or similar

ASUS has not responded to any requests regarding the US market. So not sure and hope your right, not sure how much longer I can stair at parts just hanging.

Leonidas_ee
11-22-2017, 02:40 AM
For the code? Mostly just the ROG armor, there should not be any performance difference as far as I know. The Forumula is where it's at with the added IO shield and waterblock for your custom loop.
The integrated IO shield is now integrated in all Maximus boards. The difference between the Code & Formula are a bit more lighting, on board Display, and water cooling. The Hero to Code is more lighting, a more substantial VRM heatsink. Last but not least looks. Put in a lot of time just like a lot of people here, aesthetics as well as performance are important.

Santana1551
11-22-2017, 07:08 AM
ASUS has not responded to any requests regarding the US market. So not sure and hope your right, not sure how much longer I can stair at parts just hanging.

I'm in exactly the same boat. I have all my components, except for the motherboard, and I'm just waiting for the Code to start my build. If it's not released soon, or at least have news of the release date, I will just get the Hero. *I know there's not going to be much of a performance difference between the two, but I just don't like the idea of "settling" for this build, especially since it's the motherboard of all things. *Plus, I just know that as soon as I get the Hero, they will release the Code.

smudgerox
11-22-2017, 09:34 AM
I'm in exactly the same boat. I have all my components, except for the motherboard, and I'm just waiting for the Code to start my build. If it's not released soon, or at least have news of the release date, I will just get the Hero. *I know there's not going to be much of a performance difference between the two, but I just don't like the idea of "settling" for this build, especially since it's the motherboard of all things. *Plus, I just know that as soon as I get the Hero, they will release the Code.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Don't really want to settle either because I got exactly what I wanted for all the other components. I guess this will just give me time to ship my 8700k out to Silicon Lottery for delid+bin.

And I _just_ bought my 1080ti (strix oc) the other day.

Santana1551
11-22-2017, 02:59 PM
...I guess this will just give me time to ship my 8700k out to Silicon Lottery for delid+bin.

Just wondering, have you used them before? If so, how were they? I've helped a couple friends delid their Kaby Lakes, but I have to admit, the idea of delidding my new 8600K myself makes me a bit nervous. I'm still not sure if I'm going to do it, as I don't know how aggressive an OC I'm going to go for, but they could be an option if I don't want to do it myself.

smudgerox
11-22-2017, 10:45 PM
Just wondering, have you used them before? If so, how were they? I've helped a couple friends delid their Kaby Lakes, but I have to admit, the idea of delidding my new 8600K myself makes me a bit nervous. I'm still not sure if I'm going to do it, as I don't know how aggressive an OC I'm going to go for, but they could be an option if I don't want to do it myself.

I have not. However, I haven't heard anything bad about them and I'm unable to do it myself because my hands shake all the time and applying the liquid metal would be impossible for me.

BetaCygni
11-24-2017, 01:15 PM
The Formula is there too.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1376515-REG/asus_rog_maximus_x_code.html
Like everyone else, I have all my components sitting around.
I just pre-ordered it.
They are saying 7-10 business days.
Now I can relax.
Happy Thanksgiving!
:)

Leonidas_ee
11-24-2017, 01:31 PM
The Formula is there too.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1376515-REG/asus_rog_maximus_x_code.html
Like everyone else, I have all my components sitting around.
I just pre-ordered it.
They are saying 7-10 business days.
Now I can relax.
Happy Thanksgiving!
:)

Never bought anything from B&H, are they good. Still haven't seen it on Amazon or Newegg

Bluecow
11-24-2017, 04:01 PM
Never bought anything from B&H, are they good. Still haven't seen it on Amazon or Newegg

B&H is very good. I ordered the Code from them yesterday morning when I saw they were selling them. I've used them for camera equipment for many, many years. I also ordered my 8700k from them that I received last week. I was going to post about B&H having the Code and Formula boards yesterday morning as soon as I ordered the Code, but I had to wait for my account to be approved on here.

Santana1551
11-24-2017, 05:12 PM
Dang, now B&H is saying expected availability on Dec 15. Assuming that's correct, though I wouldn't be surprised if that's pushed back further, this wait is getting to be too long. I may just go for the Hero :(

BetaCygni
11-24-2017, 05:29 PM
B&H is very good. I ordered the Code from them yesterday morning when I saw they were selling them. I've used them for camera equipment for many, many years. I also ordered my 8700k from them that I received last week. I was going to post about B&H having the Code and Formula boards yesterday morning as soon as I ordered the Code, but I had to wait for my account to be approved on here.

I've ordered quite a lot of camera and now computer stuff from B&H. Always first rate.
They were very conservative on delivery date for 8700k. I got it a week earlier than they originally quoted.
Of course there is no guarantee with the Code or Formula.

Bluecow
11-24-2017, 05:41 PM
Dang, now B&H is saying expected availability on Dec 15. Assuming that's correct, though I wouldn't be surprised if that's pushed back further, this wait is getting to be too long. I may just go for the Hero :(

I see that now. I wonder if they sold through their first batch yesterday and that's the reason they changed it to being backordered until Dec. 15. Hopefully it's sooner than that for those of us that ordered yesterday. I have all my other parts on order now.

Santana1551
11-24-2017, 05:52 PM
I see that now. I wonder if they sold through their first batch yesterday and that's the reason they changed it to being backordered until Dec. 15. Hopefully it's sooner than that for those of us that ordered yesterday. I have all my other parts on order now.

Good luck! I hope it comes earlier for you who are waiting. I just pulled the trigger on the Hero - can't wait any longer lol.

Leonidas_ee
11-24-2017, 10:29 PM
Good luck! I hope it comes earlier for you who are waiting. I just pulled the trigger on the Hero - can't wait any longer lol.
I keep contemplating if I should order the hero... lol

Taint3dBulge
11-25-2017, 02:01 AM
I put an order in for the code on the 23rd. So do we know if there will be a shipment in earlier then the 15th? Did it at b&h. I checked order status and its still not showing up that i ordered it.

Santana1551
11-25-2017, 02:43 AM
I keep contemplating if I should order the hero... lol

I don't want to sway you either way. *For me, I just got tired of waiting and don't want to see that pile of components sitting in my room anymore. *Maybe the Code will really be available by Dec 15 (or hopefully earlier for those who pre-ordered on B&H), but I just can't wait anymore as I'm heading out of town for the holidays and I want my build done before I leave. *There's a part of me that's excited that I finally get to start my build soon, but there's another part of me that I know will feel a little regret when the Code is actually and finally available.:)

Taint3dBulge
11-25-2017, 10:28 AM
I did find this... https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-CODE/HelpDesk_Download/

smudgerox
11-25-2017, 10:40 AM
I did find this... https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-CODE/HelpDesk_Download/

not new at all, its been up for weeks.

Leonidas_ee
11-26-2017, 03:10 AM
I don't want to sway you either way. *For me, I just got tired of waiting and don't want to see that pile of components sitting in my room anymore. *Maybe the Code will really be available by Dec 15 (or hopefully earlier for those who pre-ordered on B&H), but I just can't wait anymore as I'm heading out of town for the holidays and I want my build done before I leave. *There's a part of me that's excited that I finally get to start my build soon, but there's another part of me that I know will feel a little regret when the Code is actually and finally available.:)
I just pulled the trigger on the Asus Maximus X Code from B&H as well as the ASUS PG348Q. Should have bought the latter from Amazon when it was $920 but oh well, just hope I don't run into the BLB issues. And of course all of this is more useless parts without the x code, so here is to hoping it shows up before the 15th.

Santana1551
11-26-2017, 05:34 AM
I just pulled the trigger on the Asus Maximus X Code from B&H as well as the ASUS PG348Q. Should have bought the latter from Amazon when it was $920 but oh well, just hope I don't run into the BLB issues. And of course all of this is more useless parts without the x code, so here is to hoping it shows up before the 15th.

Good luck to you! Who knows, around January you may see me in the market for the Code with a concurrent sales listing for a used Hero on e-Bay lol :)

BetaCygni
11-26-2017, 06:15 PM
I put an order in for the code on the 23rd. So do we know if there will be a shipment in earlier then the 15th? Did it at b&h. I checked order status and its still not showing up that i ordered it.

Mine shows up as backordered. I ordered a couple of other things and they say "Processing". When your CODE comes in and they are getting ready to ship it, it will change to "Processing".

Good Luck.

Leonidas_ee
11-27-2017, 06:42 PM
Mine shows up as backordered. I ordered a couple of other things and they say "Processing". When your CODE comes in and they are getting ready to ship it, it will change to "Processing".

Good Luck.
To be honest I'm not sure how much faith to put in the B&H photo expected arrival. Still no listings on Amazon, Newegg, or announcement from ASUS. Good luck to all of us waiting on this thing.

Taint3dBulge
11-27-2017, 07:16 PM
So an update on the maximus x code. A rep from b&h emailed me, stating that they should receive the product by the 15th at the latest. Orders will be filled in order by date...? So not sure if they expect it sooner or not.

Taint3dBulge
11-28-2017, 08:46 AM
Im really thinkn of cancelling the code and going the apex. I found one for the same price. I just wondering how the on board sound compares and other features. Also the dimm.2 riser im not fond of. Is there any impact to speed or latency using it?

BetaCygni
11-28-2017, 04:10 PM
https://www.google.com/shopping/product/12290936165052652890?q=buy+asus+maximus+x+code&rlz=1C1ASUM_enUS487US487&biw=1920&bih=1079&prds=hsec:online,paur:ClkAsKraX4Dw5TD6CaknH_ySOW4j p8I6rORFvCW569iPcS9B9Mita6ezmlsKIGA0IuSPCr-GX7t0NRaxT09YLrTOkJiNZ3LcKitqgA3kWraJFCnwlAaBP9qOH xIZAFPVH71bTTBmNypw5VJ__nmEZrXG8GlIhA&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjw26id1OHXAhUJjVQKHencDdQQ2SsIFw

2nd one (besides B&H) is ShopBLT which I haven't heard of. They are showing 10 pre-orders on their site with no expected date except a generic (15 days of order for backordered items).

Leonidas_ee
11-28-2017, 06:50 PM
So an update on the maximus x code. A rep from b&h emailed me, stating that they should receive the product by the 15th at the latest. Orders will be filled in order by date...? So not sure if they expect it sooner or not.

I received an email from B&H after contacting their customer support asking about the accuracy of the 15th date. Unfortunately the reply I received is not quite as positive. The statement I got was we did not have an exact date from the manufacturer on deliveries. As the backorder is with them. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will let you know once we have more information or the item is in stock.
Maybe I'll just cancel and go for the hero, now I have everything including a new monitor and an HTC Vive waiting on this build...

Santana1551
11-28-2017, 11:19 PM
I received an email from B&H after contacting their customer support asking about the accuracy of the 15th date. Unfortunately the reply I received is not quite as positive. The statement I got was we did not have an exact date from the manufacturer on deliveries. As the backorder is with them. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will let you know once we have more information or the item is in stock.
Maybe I'll just cancel and go for the hero, now I have everything including a new monitor and an HTC Vive waiting on this build...

This doesn't totally surprise me. *I had a similar situation with B&H when I tried purchasing my 8600K from them. *I pre-ordered an 8600K from B&H and received an email stating that they expected to have more stock in by Nov 2. *Unfortunately, Nov 2 came and went, and still nothing. *Luckily, I was able to order it from Newegg during the short window of time that they had it, and then cancel my order with B&H. When it comes down to it, I think the dates that they provide are their best guesses, but they're really just waiting like all the rest of us and so those dates can change depending on the supply from the manufacturer.

umalip
12-01-2017, 05:17 PM
I just saw and checked, it has been released in Australia (https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Motherboards/Intel-Socket-1151/70604-MAXIMUS-X-FORMULA) and in Denmark they say it should be available by the 8th of december.

Leonidas_ee
12-02-2017, 05:07 AM
I just saw and checked, it has been released in Australia (https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Motherboards/Intel-Socket-1151/70604-MAXIMUS-X-FORMULA) and in Denmark they say it should be available by the 8th of december.
Here is the link to the Code avilable now in Au https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Motherboards/Intel-Socket-1151/70605-MAXIMUS-X-CODE
Maybe it won't be long for us stateside.
By the way thank you for sharing the link makes the wait easier, knowing it's available elsewhere.

Leonidas_ee
12-02-2017, 01:38 PM
I just checked ASUS UK, it's available there now as well. Not sure how long it's been available in UK.

r4dz1k
12-02-2017, 07:57 PM
I just checked ASUS UK, it's available there now as well. Not sure how long it's been available in UK.
I'm based in UK, cant see anything to be honest....

Leonidas_ee
12-02-2017, 08:31 PM
I'm based in UK, cant see anything to be honest....

Here you go https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-CODE/wheretobuy/

r4dz1k
12-02-2017, 08:44 PM
Here you go https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-CODE/wheretobuy/

Oh yeah, i already checked those websites, they havent updated anything.
Comparing norway and aus currency to gbp - it should cost no more than 410 pounds.

BetaCygni
12-04-2017, 02:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs0jrrvk3Q
So at least he was able to get one. :)

r4dz1k
12-04-2017, 05:11 PM
This motherboard destroy all z370 :)
Perfect mobo...

Leonidas_ee
12-04-2017, 05:47 PM
This motherboard destroy all z370 :)
Perfect mobo...

Dec 4th still no availability. I contacted B&H they said they're still trying to get dates from ASUS. I'll post again if I hear back.

umalip
12-04-2017, 07:01 PM
Just ordred mine through newegg.com @ $449.99

Leonidas_ee
12-04-2017, 08:06 PM
Just ordred mine through newegg.com @ $449.99

Still don't see the Code. And that price is significantly higher then B&H. Either B&H messed up or Newegg overinflating prices.

Santana1551
12-04-2017, 08:15 PM
Still don't see the Code. And that price is significantly higher then B&H. Either B&H messed up or Newegg overinflating prices.

The Code is now available on newegg. Here's the link: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119045

The previous post about purchasing for $449.99 was about the Formula, which is also available on Newegg: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119046

Leonidas_ee
12-04-2017, 08:21 PM
The Code is now available on newegg. Here's the link: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119045

The previous post about purchasing for $449.99 was about the Formula, which is also available on Newegg: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119046

I literally checked again after I posted the message and it was available all of a sudden. I just ordered it 319.99. Finally!!!
Now trying to cancel my B&H order.

Santana1551
12-04-2017, 08:25 PM
I literally checked again after I posted the message and it was available all of a sudden. I just ordered it 319.99. Finally!!!

You shouldn't have any problem cancelling with B&H. They have a good rep and my own experience with them was great - super easy to cancel my order with them for the i5-8600K. Glad you're finally going to get the Code! I was sorely tempted to order one myself, but after thinking about it, I realized I'm actually really happy with my Hero (plus I really don't want to take everything apart and go through the process of getting a stable overclock again).

Leonidas_ee
12-04-2017, 08:48 PM
You shouldn't have any problem cancelling with B&H. They have a good rep and my own experience with them was great - super easy to cancel my order with them for the i5-8600K. Glad you're finally going to get the Code! I was sorely tempted to order one myself, but after thinking about it, I realized I'm actually really happy with my Hero (plus I really don't want to take everything apart and go through the process of getting a stable overclock again).
Literally was that easy. Order Cancelled.

Santana1551
12-04-2017, 08:50 PM
Good luck on your new build!

Zander223
12-05-2017, 03:24 PM

I just ordered it myself as well. So glad that it finally arrived. Can't wait to build my new rig when that gets here just in time for the holiday vacation time :) Now if only the Asus ROG PG35VQ was available. But that is a different story :P

Leonidas_ee
12-05-2017, 04:28 PM
I just ordered it myself as well. So glad that it finally arrived. Can't wait to build my new rig when that gets here just in time for the holiday vacation time :) Now if only the Asus ROG PG35VQ was available. But that is a different story :P
Yes I ended up getting the pg348q, beautiful monitor.
Now just waiting on the MOBO it's in the mail.

BetaCygni
12-05-2017, 05:50 PM
I did the same. No problem cancelling the B&H order (other than waiting on hold).
Code on the way! I paid a little extra for 2 day shipping.
Building starts on Thursday! :cool:
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

Bluecow
12-05-2017, 07:40 PM
I cancelled my order for the code at B&H as well and ordered from Newegg. Should be here Friday if all goes well. Could potentially start my build this weekend.

Leonidas_ee
12-05-2017, 08:57 PM
I cancelled my order for the code at B&H as well and ordered from Newegg. Should be here Friday if all goes well. Could potentially start my build this weekend.
I think I may start my build tonight and drop the MOBO in when that shows up.

bydrops
12-07-2017, 01:30 PM
Hello Everybody, I'm New
I would like to know when the maximus x formula will go on sale at Amazon
regards

BetaCygni
12-07-2017, 05:14 PM
But NewEgg has other sellers in their marketplace that are selling them for a premium:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119045

Etronix is also selling it on Amazon for a premium:
https://smile.amazon.com/ROG-MAXIMUS-CODE-LGA1151-Motherboard/dp/B077DS18BZ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512666860&sr=8-2&keywords=asus+rog+maximus+x+code

r4dz1k
12-08-2017, 05:22 PM
anyone from UK.
Pre order option formula/code on overclockers.co.uk
Good price

Phillyflyer
12-31-2017, 12:48 AM
But NewEgg has other sellers in their marketplace that are selling them for a premium:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119045

Etronix is also selling it on Amazon for a premium:
https://smile.amazon.com/ROG-MAXIMUS-CODE-LGA1151-Motherboard/dp/B077DS18BZ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512666860&sr=8-2&keywords=asus+rog+maximus+x+code

Got this board a week ago....had my 8700k delidded and paired it all with GSkill 3600mhz CL 16 RGB "B " die IC ram..4x8GB (32GB) kit...5.0GHZ @ 1.296v...ram running 4300mhz @ 1.40v CL 17/17/17/37 2T....load temps 62 degrees MAX !!!