PDA

View Full Version : Unstable new bios 0430 for strix z370 f-gaming

mikex999
11-08-2017, 03:49 AM
this new bios is unstable, after upgrading makes me always a bosd. please give a new and stable bios version

SightUp1
11-08-2017, 05:20 AM
this new bios is unstable, after upgrading makes me always a bosd. please give a new and stable bios version

+1
Can confirm. My previously stable overclock began crashing in game.

Raja@ASUS
11-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Cpu vcore rules have changed as the previous builds were too aggressive. You'll need to tune the right voltage for your cpu. The cpu svid behaviour setting no longer defaults for worst case cpus.

SightUp1
11-08-2017, 04:35 PM
Hmm. I need some adivce then. I'm was 100% stable before I did the most recent firmware update. Because of this change, will I have to use even more voltage?

I set CPU SVID Support to Disabled. This completely makes the SVID Behavior irrelevant then right? If not, what setting should I use?

By aggressive, do you mean it won't need as much voltage for a stable overclock?

debarshee
11-09-2017, 02:58 AM
i am using 8700 non k on z370f latest bios...my cpu is stable on 1.17v manual mode....but when i set to adaptive with maximum turbo mode voltage 1.17v,ia ac=0.01 and dc=0.0.1 and llc = lvl 1 ....voltage shoots to 1.28v sometimes ...someone help me please,am on latest bios

Raja@ASUS
11-09-2017, 03:01 AM
Hmm. I need some adivce then. I'm was 100% stable before I did the most recent firmware update. Because of this change, will I have to use even more voltage?

I set CPU SVID Support to Disabled. This completely makes the SVID Behavior irrelevant then right? If not, what setting should I use?

By aggressive, do you mean it won't need as much voltage for a stable overclock?

It means if you were setting a given voltage on the previous bios, what was applied was a lot higher than what you set, hence the "stability." You need to set the voltage so you get what your cpu needs when it's under load. Ideally, one should redo the overclock from scratch. The other method is to measure the voltages, but that's far more involved for a layman.

Raja@ASUS
11-09-2017, 03:04 AM
i am using 8700 non k on z370f latest bios...my cpu is stable on 1.17v manual mode....but when i set to adaptive with maximum turbo mode voltage 1.17v,ia ac=0.01 and dc=0.0.1 and llc = lvl 1 ....voltage shoots to 1.28v sometimes ...someone help me please,am on latest bios

You can't set the adaptive vcore lower than the vid for a given ratio. The minimum turbo voltage for a given ratio is programmed by Intel for each cpu. The only way to reduce the voltage past tuning llc and the is ac/dc load lines is to use a negative offset. However, that has it's own issues.

SightUp1
11-10-2017, 10:54 PM
I like this new BIOS update. Being able to redo all the voltages, on this new update, I have lowered every settings voltage. I did have to do LLC 6 from 5 though.

Dovakhan
11-23-2017, 08:55 AM
The cpu svid behaviour setting no longer defaults for worst case cpus.

I trust that the "Auto" setting chooses the optimal option for non OC-savvy users like me not to have any worries about their CPU lifespan, right?

Raja@ASUS
11-23-2017, 09:17 AM
Auto simply reverts to best case. It doesn't tune the voltage for your specific processor. The voltage is lower, so there may be cases where some CPUs wont be stable and may need manual tuning.

Dovakhan
11-23-2017, 02:15 PM
Auto simply reverts to best case. It doesn't tune the voltage for your specific processor. The voltage is lower, so there may be cases where some CPUs wont be stable and may need manual tuning.

Well, I'm not having any stability issues. I assume it's the right choice then, also given my CPU lifespan preferences.