PDA

View Full Version : Kraken X62 & Maximus x MOBOS

Leonidas_ee
11-09-2017, 08:19 PM
I have a system waiting to be built when I can purchase a maximus x code. However, this probably applies to the X Hero as well. I've seen various reports of the Kraken X62 interfering with the first RAM slot on the Maximus ix boards. And according to NZXT ANY RAM taller then 35mm. I'm building my system w/ G.Skill which has a much taller heat sink. Does anyone here have any pictures or experience building a system like this. Does it really interfere or can it be made to work. By the way I've seen pictures showing Maximus ix boards with or without issues, so not sure what to believe. Thanks

NickyGuns
11-09-2017, 08:53 PM
I have a system waiting to be built when I can purchase a maximus x code. However, this probably applies to the X Hero as well. I've seen various reports of the Kraken X62 interfering with the first RAM slot on the Maximus ix boards. And according to NZXT ANY RAM taller then 35mm. I'm building my system w/ G.Skill which has a much taller heat sink. Does anyone here have any pictures or experience building a system like this. Does it really interfere or can it be made to work. By the way I've seen pictures showing Maximus ix boards with or without issues, so not sure what to believe. Thanks

I am running a Kraken X62 on my Asus Crosshair VI Hero. I had to mount the pump at an angle because it was covering the first ram slot. You will be able to fit it one way or another, it just might not go on completely straight. I also have the TridentZ RGB kit.

Leonidas_ee
11-09-2017, 09:34 PM
I am running a Kraken X62 on my Asus Crosshair VI Hero. I had to mount the pump at an angle because it was covering the first ram slot. You will be able to fit it one way or another, it just might not go on completely straight. I also have the TridentZ RGB kit.
Well that's a bummer building an astethic system with vertical logo... sigh... joys and pains of building a system. If it becomes annoying I can always shut off the logo.

Carbonicdk
11-10-2017, 04:58 PM
There are worse things than a logo at a 90 degrees angle. In my case I don't find it completely bad.

Leonidas_ee
11-10-2017, 07:12 PM
There are worse things than a logo at a 90 degrees angle. In my case I don't find it completely bad.

Nice Build. Can't wait to build mine, only if the Maximus x Code finally comes out.

SherardG
11-11-2017, 09:43 PM
Hello there,

I've recently built on a Maximus X Hero, and I can confirm that DIMM_A1 slot with G.Skill RGB RAM would hit the X62's heatsink L bend on default orientation (upright, vertical);

The interference is minimal, initial RAM installation from build was working (I transferred to DIMM_A2 and DIMM_B2 slots, since they are correct for the mobo configuration); there is slight contact that would make pulling out the RAM hard. Attached pictures for your reference.

All pictures are flush straight top view, so there's no misjudgement of distance from angles.

morph.
11-13-2017, 01:16 AM
else go a corsair aio.

Leonidas_ee
11-13-2017, 03:15 AM
else go a corsair aio.

I was going to, however the Kraken looks so much better.

JustinThyme
11-13-2017, 03:54 AM
+2 for function over looks. What good is an AIO that prohibits RAM access then the manufacturer spits back to use shorter sticks? All in the name of a holographic cover?
Honestly though IMO no AIO is worth a hill of beans to actually cool a system. You want something other than a massive HSF with air thats quieter, well thats about it. I use a Corsair H115i for a test bench when Im building and doing the initial start up outside of a case because its easier but thats where it ends.

Hypoxis
11-13-2017, 05:05 AM
I had no issues with a Maximus Hero X Setup along with 4Dimms of DDR4 Trident Z RGB! The tubing does press against the RAM slightly, but I think it is not going to cause any issues. Just install the RAM prior to mounting the cooler!

SherardG
11-13-2017, 10:49 AM
I had no issues with a Maximus Hero X Setup along with 4Dimms of DDR4 Trident Z RGB! The tubing does press against the RAM slightly, but I think it is not going to cause any issues. Just install the RAM prior to mounting the cooler!

Is the waterblock on your ECU default watercooling for EVGA cards? Or is it aftermarket AIO?

Yllydan
11-13-2017, 01:58 PM
No problems here whatsoever either.

Side note: I was worried reading about conflicts with asus aura and the kraken cam software before building the system, but with the latest bios and latest versions of the mentioned softwares I haven't encountered any issues at all.
Another thing about the Kraken: First time I booted the pump was making weird noises and my temps spiked. I ordered a 2nd one and had the same problem. It turned out I had to momentarily detach the usb-cable going into the pump to get it working.

Leonidas_ee
11-13-2017, 02:04 PM
No problems here whatsoever either.

Side note: I was worried reading about conflicts with asus aura and the kraken cam software before building the system, but with the latest bios and latest versions of the mentioned softwares I haven't encountered any issues at all.
Another thing about the Kraken: First time I booted the pump was making weird noises and my temps spiked. I ordered a 2nd one and had the same problem. It turned out I had to momentarily detach the usb-cable going into the pump to get it working.

That is great news. I was actually worried about having to deal with the reported incompatibility software issues, glad that's done. As for not interfering with the RAM, I can see from your pics that it doesn't which is great. Did you have to do something different compared to the other builds that report/show interference?

Yllydan
11-13-2017, 02:21 PM
That is great news. I was actually worried about having to deal with the reported incompatibility software issues, glad that's done. As for not interfering with the RAM, I can see from your pics that it doesn't which is great. Did you have to do something different compared to the other builds that report/show interference?

No, not at all. I ordered the mobo and the kraken before ordering the ram. When I hold the pump in place with the dimm-slots empty it definitely looked like it wasn't possible. I had to try anyway. The tubes touches the first dimm, but I can assure you it's not applying any pressure.

Leonidas_ee
11-13-2017, 02:26 PM
No, not at all. I ordered the mobo and the kraken before ordering the ram. When I hold the pump in place with the dimm-slots empty it definitely looked like it wasn't possible. I had to try anyway. The tubes touches the first dimm, but I can assure you it's not applying any pressure.
That's great thank you. My build is still waiting on the Maximus X Code to release, hopefully soon.

Hypoxis
11-15-2017, 07:48 AM
Is the waterblock on your ECU default watercooling for EVGA cards? Or is it aftermarket AIO?

Sorry, what is ECU? This is the 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid from EVGA though - the shroud/block came like this from EVGA directly, I did change out the fans for Push/Pull ML120 Pros though!

Noobtacular
11-18-2017, 06:50 AM

Haha! I didn't like my ram being pushed over 1/8 of an inch either.

SherardG
11-18-2017, 06:51 PM
Sorry, what is ECU? This is the 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid from EVGA though - the shroud/block came like this from EVGA directly, I did change out the fans for Push/Pull ML120 Pros though!

Hello man, sorry, I think I was thinking about my car's ECU reflash. I meant GPU :D Sadly, water cooled GPUs aren't available in my country. ROG Poseidon was actually released, but the price is unreasonable beyond belief (Converted to USD, @ $1,500) - I guess I'll have to run down my 1080TI's warranty period, and if it's still alive by then, I'd get a waterblock. Yours looks so cool! Great build buddy!

alexandre1984
11-29-2017, 03:05 PM

Can you sync the x62 rgb with RBG from Aura?

I currently have corsair H115i and I'm planning to go for X62, but only if it's possible to control it with Aura.

Leonidas_ee
11-29-2017, 04:27 PM

I currently have corsair H115i and I'm planning to go for X62, but only if it's possible to control it with Aura.
As far as I know it is not compatible. NZXT have their own ecosystem they're trying to get people invested in.

Leonidas_ee
11-30-2017, 04:12 AM

Unfortunately that is not an option. Every company out there trying to create and cell they're own eco system.

r4dz1k
11-30-2017, 11:35 AM
just a quick question. Did u connect the pump to the CPU FAN or AIO PUMP.....AIO PUMP? I think air pump will work on full speed.?**

MrAgapiGC
11-30-2017, 12:36 PM
In my case, when i was using AIO, does not manner where pump was connected, it runs at half speed (around 1400 +5%). In order to control that to it full potential is by software.

r4dz1k
11-30-2017, 01:04 PM
In my case, when i was using AIO, does not manner where pump was connected, it runs at half speed (around 1400 +5%). In order to control that to it full potential is by software.

in the manual says AIO PUMP HEADER= full speed, thats why i ask just to be sure...Because i dont want my aio to work on full....i prefer silent mode etc..

MrAgapiGC
11-30-2017, 01:16 PM
coenct that there, and check speed on the bio. If it say 1500 aprox, then you are ser to go. but use the app ou can use that also there. It happens wih both my corsair. that i why i stop usng it. since i did not have control on pump. odd. I can check again since my current one got damage.

r4dz1k
12-01-2017, 02:08 PM
ok i will do that.
One more thing to mention, im unsure about x62 kraken with 4 sticks, i will be mounting my cooler at top and by looking at the pics already provided here im not really sure if i should buy 4 sticks.I can buy 2 sticks just to to double check if another 2 will fit without any problem.. and then i can buy another 2...but i dont really want to do that because it will cost me a fortune. Buyig 4stick is cheaper..
What u think guys..