PDA

View Full Version : ROG Centurion replacement problems.

Shevvie
11-13-2017, 03:27 PM
Hi everybody,

I've noticed a few users on here that were having the Centurion headset replaced due to the faulty microphones and then having further issues during the replacement procedure. So my idea is to try and make a list of people that are having problems that I'll try to keep updated so either MasterC or somebody else from Asus can try and help us out.

These issues being (so far):

Asus (James Asus UK) Telling users to pack EVERYTHING that the headset came with back into the box that was then collected by DHL. After you received your headset back you're now left without an Audio Station (AMP including all cables), Spare Ear cushions and Stand. Rendering the replacement useless.
Not Receiving the headset back at all
New Headset Serial number not meaning anything to support - I've been told it's wrong and I've even sent a photo as proof!
Replacement headset (although improved) still having some issues around 50hz - https://i.imgur.com/dTsOslq.png

List of people having an issue and the problem they have:

Kebrak - Has received two headsets for some reason, no AMP (not sure about ear cushions or stand?)
Pe3ball - Has defective headset and is still waiting to hear from Asus after giving details.
Sebastian1989101 - Has received a replacement and although improved there is noise at 50hz as seen here https://i.imgur.com/dTsOslq.png.

If I haven't included you make a post and I'll add your name and issue.

Guyvergamingtv
11-13-2017, 04:44 PM
Rang support UK and they have no clue. Sent email to support like the guy on the phone suggested. Not happy at all with this level of support or information.

toretobcnn
11-13-2017, 05:01 PM
Hi everybody,

I've noticed a few users on here that were having the Centurion headset replaced due to the faulty microphones and then having further issues during the replacement procedure. So my idea is to try and make a list of people that are having problems that I'll try to keep updated so either MasterC or somebody else from Asus can try and help us out.

These issues being (so far):

Asus (James Asus UK) Telling users to pack EVERYTHING that the headset came with back into the box and was then collected by DHL. After you received your headset back you're now left without an Audio Station (AMP including all cables), Spare Ear cushions and Stand. Rendering the replacement useless.
Not Receiving the headset back at all
New Headset Serial number not meaning anything to support - I've been told it's wrong and I've even sent a photo as proof!

List of people having an issue and the problem they have:

Shevvie - Replacement headset Received however no AMP, Spare fabric ear cushions or Stand and my Serial number means nothing to customer support.
Guyvergamingtv - No headset at all and was also asked to send back everything.
Kebrak - Has received two headsets for some reason, no AMP (not sure about ear cushions or stand?)
Poo417 - Replacement headset received but no AMP, Ear Cushions, Stand.

If I haven't included you make a post and I'll add your name and issue.

I have a centurion helmets with serial h0 ... so I imagine the problems that it has, once to launch the latest firmware that I have published, the helmets literally unusable in 2.0 Stereo, they sound totally broken, and I do not exaggerate. the speakers had the membrane completely broken.

Also, in no game do the back channels work. I'm from Barcelona Spain

Shevvie
11-13-2017, 05:14 PM
I have a centurion helmets with serial h0 ... so I imagine the problems that it has, once to launch the latest firmware that I have published, the helmets literally unusable in 2.0 Stereo, they sound totally broken, and I do not exaggerate. the speakers had the membrane completely broken.

Also, in no game do the back channels work. I'm from Barcelona Spain

Did you send your headset back to be replaced?

toretobcnn
11-13-2017, 05:26 PM
luckily seen the seen no, I stayed in the forum when they announced that it would be fixed with some updates, I made the first reference to the MCU microphone but later I realized that the rear channels were not going well, nor the subwofeer in what games and They came back to get another update and that is the one that left me totally useless helmets in 2.0. Stereo

Seen the seen ... I will not buy anything else Asus in life, I will throw these helmets in any bin and kill my pain with some beer .... because it seems that I have no other, and seen as they are treating you by Asus ... it's very depressin

Pe3ball
11-13-2017, 06:28 PM
Add me also .I have this headset with serial number starting h6 and the mic sounds like ****! I contacted MasterC and he told me that he forwarded my issue to appropriate Asus region ! It has been almost 3 weeks and no sign from anyone .Not even Masterc answers in pm . It looks like we will have to contact the retailer ,in my case Amazon thankfully . Asus support is crap! Too bad it looks like this product is so much expensive and does not fulfill its expectations!

Shevvie
11-13-2017, 06:59 PM
Add me also .I have this headset with serial number starting h6 and the mic sounds like ****! I contacted MasterC and he told me that he forwarded my issue to appropriate Asus region ! It has been almost 3 weeks and no sign from anyone .Not even Masterc answers in pm . It looks like we will have to contact the retailer ,in my case Amazon thankfully . Asus support is crap! Too bad it looks like this product is so much expensive and does not fulfill its expectations!

I've added you. If you do send back the headset back to Asus make sure you only send the headset and keep everything else no matter what you're told. I'm gutted that I have mine back and can't use it.

Shevvie
11-13-2017, 07:03 PM
luckily seen the seen no, I stayed in the forum when they announced that it would be fixed with some updates, I made the first reference to the MCU microphone but later I realized that the rear channels were not going well, nor the subwofeer in what games and They came back to get another update and that is the one that left me totally useless helmets in 2.0. Stereo

Seen the seen ... I will not buy anything else Asus in life, I will throw these helmets in any bin and kill my pain with some beer .... because it seems that I have no other, and seen as they are treating you by Asus ... it's very depressin

Yeah it hasn't been a great experience to be honest. At least they acknowledged there was a problem and wanted to set things right. It just hasn't worked out very well for a variety of reasons. I didn't have my headset long enough to experience the issues you're mentioning but that's something else entirely. :\

Pe3ball
11-13-2017, 07:52 PM
I've added you. If you do send back the headset back to Asus make sure you only send the headset and keep everything else no matter what you're told. I'm gutted that I have mine back and can't use it.

I don't think Asus will help me. I contacted via phone my region Asus support and they told me that asus is not responsible for warranty and to contact the retailer (in my case Amazon ) I mentioned them that i contacted asus forum and have send my details but he was keep saying the same thing.

Guyvergamingtv
11-13-2017, 09:15 PM
i also rang the regional support to be told they dont handle it and to email support, surely the support department is all the same? ridicules the way this has gone, should have been a simple replacement and its all gone pete tong.

Shevvie
11-13-2017, 10:01 PM
i also rang the regional support to be told they dont handle it and to email support, surely the support department is all the same? ridicules the way this has gone, should have been a simple replacement and its all gone pete tong.

Yeah it's all down to MasterC I think to get it sorted internally. Nobody else seems to know anything from what I can gather after the conversations I've had. I have no idea how I'm supposed to get my Amp back even though it isn't my fault I don't have it, I only did what I was told.

Pe3ball, I've basically been told the exact same thing all day today when I've tried to go through customer support. It seems like you have to go through MasterC. Try sending him another message? I don't know what else to suggest, it's hard getting help with this.

Pe3ball
11-14-2017, 12:53 AM
Yeah it's all down to MasterC I think to get it sorted internally. Nobody else seems to know anything from what I can gather after the conversations I've had. I have no idea how I'm supposed to get my Amp back even though it isn't my fault I don't have it, I only did what I was told.

Pe3ball, I've basically been told the exact same thing all day today when I've tried to go through customer support. It seems like you have to go through MasterC. Try sending him another message? I don't know what else to suggest, it's hard getting help with this.

Well I will try sending him again another p.m and see if he responds....But I don't believe something will happen....

Shevvie
11-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Well... I wouldn't bother with the advice given about emailing support, I've had this response twice now:

"Thank you for contacting ASUS and raising your complaint with our complaint team.
We are terribly sorry to be advised that you are experiencing issues with your ASUS product.

Kindly be advised that serial number H6YHBP801867 is incorrect as our system does not recognize it.
Due to that you arranged the pickup via the Rog form, we cannot see the communication.

You can go to https://rog.asus.com/ and ask for their support as normally the support for accessories is with the seller.
Our apologies for the inconveniences caused to you.

Kind Regards,
Mieke van T.
Asus Customer Service
Asus Technical Support Site: http://support.asus.com"

That serial number is correct and taken directly from my new headset. I even explained to him that my old one was listed and the new one wasn't for some reason. I even sent a flipping photo of the S/N on the headset!!!!!!!

He doesn't seem to understand that any support links direct you back to the same form. There isn't any ROG specific support that I can find.

I've also tried a phone call who were telling me that the retailers deal with returns and I've tried the online live chat support who basically told me it was above that department, told me to have a nice day and cut me off.

Soooo MasterC... When are we going to talk about getting an Amp and ear cushions sent out to me? I understand it's down to Asus UK but dude, you gotta push them. It isn't fair on us that were told to put everything back in the box.....

av47ar
11-14-2017, 11:33 AM
Well I will try sending him again another p.m and see if he responds....But I don't believe something will happen....

Heard anything off MasterC? sent two messages and not a thing. Getting frustrated because the mic is horrendous for the price we all paid.

poo417
11-14-2017, 11:52 AM
So it seems that the people who dealt with AsusUK and James have been well and truly shafted here. The call is from a hidden number. He does leave a voice mail to say he will call back. This seems to happen after 7 - 10 days. The non 0871 number for AsusUK HQ seems to be 01442 202700. Perhaps this should be called until results happen. I have just counted I have 73 tech sites saved in my favourites. I think I will start with some of the big ones that have many millions of registered users and post links with description back here and go from there.

The really annoying thing is I a asked twice you needed to send everything back and was told yes. I pointed out that on here people were only asked to send headphones back and were getting headphones back. I was still told to send all retail stuff back.

Guyvergamingtv
11-14-2017, 11:56 AM
i replied to 2 questions from masterC yesterday so waiting for a reply, if the guy from Asus UK ever rings again im getting his contact details as he seems to be the only one who knows about it from Asus UK. this is getting stupid now and im sure a call from a solicitor would hurry up the matter as technically it could now be classes as theft as they have our product and not returned like for like. MasterC or someone on these forums needs to start communicating with us as this is going down as extremely bad customer service. and the trading standards im sure would like to hear about this as well.

Shevvie
11-14-2017, 05:13 PM
To be honest some sort of legal/trading standards route is my next step tomorrow if I hear nothing back between now and midday tomorrow.

Pe3ball
11-15-2017, 03:51 PM

Well it looks like finally I have an update! They contacted me today from Asus in my region and they told me that they will send me new ones! I asked them if they will include everything and they said yes! They will send an email with the details soon . They also told me that the headquarters are located in Holland ,so I hope they will arrive soon .

Shevvie
11-15-2017, 04:29 PM
Well it looks like finally I have an update! They contacted me today from Asus in my region and they told me that they will send me new ones! I asked them if they will include everything and they said yes! They will send an email with the details soon . They also told me that the headquarters are located in Holland ,so I hope they will arrive soon .

Excellent news Pe3ball! I'm glad it's getting sorted for you. MasterC has been in touch with Asus UK to try and get my issues sorted out, I've heard nothing so far today but fingers crossed I'll hear something soon.

Pe3ball
11-15-2017, 06:18 PM
Excellent news Pe3ball! I'm glad it's getting sorted for you. MasterC has been in touch with Asus UK to try and get my issues sorted out, I've heard nothing so far today but fingers crossed I'll hear something soon.

Yes it looks like everything will be sorted .They have send an email as i said to confIrm shipping address . I asked them specifically if had to return everything back or just the headset and they replied only the headset! So it stands that you don't have to send everything back! They told me that DHL will contact me soon to receive the \headset and to put in a plain box! I will update when I have more info!

Shevvie
11-15-2017, 06:25 PM
Yes it looks like everything will be sorted .They have send an email as i said to confIrm shipping address . I asked them specifically if had to return everything back or just the headset and they replied only the headset! So it stands that you don't have to send everything back! They told me that DHL will contact me soon to receive the \headset and to put in a plain box! I will update when I have more info!

Yeah it was miscommunication on Asus' end, it seems like it was one particular rep at Asus UK that was telling people to package everything back up and send it to them. I'm glad that at least is squared away now so nobody ends up in the position I'm in with a new headset and no way to use it. lol.

Edit: without meaning to sound desperate, call meh Asus, you have my number. XD

Guyvergamingtv
11-18-2017, 10:22 AM
well anyone any further ahead? got a message from MasterC the other day and apparently dpd had my headset so should be getting my new one soon (believe it when i see it) hopefully not have to wait long and im hoping it has everything with it. just want this mess to end now, if it still has a crap mic i'll jus send back to retailer and get another make. asus will be dead to me lol

av47ar
11-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Not a thing, over 3 weeks since I contacted MasterC and not even a simple, thanks for the info ill get to it! 200 on a headset with what feels like a 10 mic attached to it. Not impressed at all. Emailed Box.co.uk will help out at all as i bought it off them. Bring back Bahz!!

Guyvergamingtv
11-18-2017, 05:23 PM
If Asus have the headset then they have to sort it out or legal action can be taken as you have not yet got like for like back. If you still have it then the store should exchange it for another of a different make

Shevvie
11-18-2017, 07:19 PM
well anyone any further ahead? got a message from MasterC the other day and apparently dpd had my headset so should be getting my new one soon (believe it when i see it) hopefully not have to wait long and im hoping it has everything with it. just want this mess to end now, if it still has a crap mic i'll jus send back to retailer and get another make. asus will be dead to me lol

I've heard nothing back this week despite MasterC chasing up Asus UK for me. It's quickly approaching two months now I've been without my Centurion Headset. I've saught legal advice and Asus are in breach of contract as it stands at the moment. Trading Standards want me to write a formal letter giving them a final resolution date so that they can step in and help, but I'd much rather it doesn't come to that. This is all unnecessary hassle and it's all down to this James chap giving out bad information.

Funny actually that I was asked today wether or not I'd recommend the Centurion. I still stand by it being a good headset (mic aside) but can't recommend Asus as a company at the moment. I've been taking to friends who have also used Asus frequently and they can't believe how bad it's been. I wonder if my experiences are enough for them to think twice when buying products in the future.

Guyvergamingtv
11-19-2017, 01:37 PM
im gona see what happens this week and if still nothing i will push the matter and also go the legal route as this has gone on far too long. the headset is a great bit of kit, the sound is great but the help from asus is terrible. iv been asked a lot on my videos whats going on and i tell the truth. a good few have bought the headset as well from my recommendation and a lucky few have had a good mic lol. though the ones that havent have either gone through asus or as i have started saying sort it with the retailer they purchased it from.

lets hope this is sorted soon and the communication starts to get better. i was told dhl would pick it up in teh first place and it turned out it was DPD so that didnt help either.

wonder if Asus fancy giving us nice shiny new graphics cards to compensate lol. i need a new card :P prob avoid assu ROG at this rate though.

Shevvie
11-19-2017, 06:22 PM
I'd happily accept a decent super wide monitor. Lol

MasterC@ASUS
11-20-2017, 02:25 AM
Not a thing, over 3 weeks since I contacted MasterC and not even a simple, thanks for the info ill get to it! 200 on a headset with what feels like a 10 mic attached to it. Not impressed at all. Emailed Box.co.uk will help out at all as i bought it off them. Bring back Bahz!!

Sorry if I have missed a reply, please understand I need to respond to hundreds of PMs every week. Rest assured that I do read every one that comes my way and appropriate action is taken for each. From what I can see, our UK team had trouble reaching you by phone, your replacement had been given the green light to be sent out last week.

MasterC@ASUS
11-20-2017, 02:27 AM
Apologies for the confusion in the UK, unfortunately some users were misinformed about what to send back. We are working as quickly as possible to rectify the issue.

MasterC@ASUS
11-20-2017, 08:25 AM
im gona see what happens this week and if still nothing i will push the matter and also go the legal route as this has gone on far too long. the headset is a great bit of kit, the sound is great but the help from asus is terrible. iv been asked a lot on my videos whats going on and i tell the truth. a good few have bought the headset as well from my recommendation and a lucky few have had a good mic lol. though the ones that havent have either gone through asus or as i have started saying sort it with the retailer they purchased it from.

lets hope this is sorted soon and the communication starts to get better. i was told dhl would pick it up in teh first place and it turned out it was DPD so that didnt help either.

wonder if Asus fancy giving us nice shiny new graphics cards to compensate lol. i need a new card :P prob avoid assu ROG at this rate though.

Hi Guyvergamingtv,

Your replacement has been set by DHL. Please check your inbox for the tracking number. Thanks.

Guyvergamingtv
11-20-2017, 11:28 AM
Thanks for your reply MasterC, lets hope this is all sorted soon. been a very testing time and left a lot of the Asus supporters with a bad taste now. may not hurt Asus ROG much but i think they have lost a good few supporters after this. fingers crossed all will be good.

toretobcnn
11-20-2017, 11:32 AM
I do not know anything about mine, absolutely nothing, nobody answered me or the emails answered me more, I just came to give all the information, my data, bills, etc. and they told me by mail that they would tell me something here in Barcelona ( I guess Asus Spain) But for now no trace.

Let's see if Asus treats us as bad, I in particular am a big fan of hers, possessor of pg27q, pg271r, pg27vq, asus gladius, heroX, mouse mat ... centurion ... Let's be serious to have me in consideration as well as Many of the colleagues that we are in this Forum.

I'll keep waiting for "news". I understand that when the time comes, the change will be for a totally "new" headset. No repair or replacement for something "used"

av47ar
11-20-2017, 12:50 PM
Sorry if I have missed a reply, please understand I need to respond to hundreds of PMs every week. Rest assured that I do read every one that comes my way and appropriate action is taken for each. From what I can see, our UK team had trouble reaching you by phone, your replacement had been given the green light to be sent out last week.

Thanks for the heads up.

Trouble reaching me by phone!! James left a voicemail as I was working, said he would call back and never did. Thats not trouble at all.

So where do I stand now if my replacement was given the green light last week, will someone need to contact me?

poo417
11-21-2017, 11:24 AM
I am now over three weeks since I got my headphones. I still have had no contact regarding getting the rest of the stuff that I sent back. Do Asus only have one person in the uk that is dealing with this. I have now been without a headset for 2 months. I have not been able to actually use the headset as a complete unit since buying it as the mic is so bad.

@MasterC your last pm 3 weeks ago said AsusUK was going to be in touch..... Surely the phone still works? How hard can it be to put something in a box and post!

Guyvergamingtv
11-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Well surprise surprise headset set arrived, no base station, cables, stand or proper box. No good if I wish return to supplier. Which at this rate I want to do. This is just rediculas, the UK guy better email or ring or something as I'm getting pissed off now. This is the worsed customer iv ever had from any company. Asus seems a complete amature company from what I have seen and dealt with so far.

Shevvie
11-22-2017, 09:23 PM
I received my components back today. Thanks MasterC for chasing up the Asus UK team and getting it sorted.

Apparently my Mic still isn't brilliant but it's better. Turning down the Mic volume apparently helped improve the quality so maybe the gain was too high or something.

MasterC@ASUS
11-23-2017, 09:49 AM
Well surprise surprise headset set arrived, no base station, cables, stand or proper box. No good if I wish return to supplier. Which at this rate I want to do. This is just rediculas, the UK guy better email or ring or something as I'm getting pissed off now. This is the worsed customer iv ever had from any company. Asus seems a complete amature company from what I have seen and dealt with so far.

Hi Guyvergamingtv,

According to the UK Team, the other contents were already sent to you but by courier earlier this week. Let me know next week if you still haven't received them.

MasterC@ASUS
11-23-2017, 09:56 AM
For anyone who has not been contacted or missed a call, can you please check your email inbox? Some local teams resorted to emailing instead when they couldn't reach you by phone.

Pr0reaper
11-23-2017, 12:41 PM
Hey,

No emails in my mailbox, No phone call.

Checked Spam also, nothing there.

toretobcnn
11-23-2017, 02:29 PM
Here in Barcelona, ​​nobody has contacted me for anything, neither mail nor phone.

Guyvergamingtv
11-23-2017, 07:22 PM
Well finally got the rest of the stuff today. Why an ordeal for a simple replacement. Will test the mic over the weekend and put up a new review, working nights atm so might be Sunday before video is done. Fingers crossed everyone else gets sorted, I will not leave though as want to see till the end.

MasterC@ASUS
11-24-2017, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

Trouble reaching me by phone!! James left a voicemail as I was working, said he would call back and never did. Thats not trouble at all.

So where do I stand now if my replacement was given the green light last week, will someone need to contact me?

Hi av47ar,

After the voicemail, our service representative James has since tried but the line cuts off and says it is busy. What is a better time to call?

MasterC@ASUS
11-24-2017, 02:15 AM
Here in Barcelona, ​​nobody has contacted me for anything, neither mail nor phone.

Hi toretobcnn,

We are working as fast as we can, please allow a little more time for us to process your case. Your case is relatively new - just over a week.

av47ar
11-25-2017, 05:03 PM
Hi av47ar,

After the voicemail, our service representative James has since tried but the line cuts off and says it is busy. What is a better time to call?

No issues with my mobile service, had several calls from unknown numbers since and no one else has issues leaving a vmail. He can try any time, if i can answer I will, if not a vmail with a contact number is also good.

poo417
11-25-2017, 10:41 PM
Four weeks and still no contact regarding my missing parts.*

MasterC@ASUS
11-27-2017, 06:20 AM
Four weeks and still no contact regarding my missing parts.*

Hi poo417 and av47ar,

I have reminded our UK team the urgency of your cases, please keep in mind it is the weekend. Thanks for your patience.

Pr0reaper
11-27-2017, 03:14 PM
Been waiting for 1 month, 29 days since i first messaged about my headset.

Still no contact....

Give me a name and a number for the person in the UK managing this and ill be happy to pester them myself.

Thanks!

poo417
12-01-2017, 04:54 PM
Finally got my stuff back. When I say my stuff its clearly not. The box has been used to play football with and has DHL label and a postage label on the retail boxing. There is also no stand in the box. To be fair the stand is as much use a chocolate fire gaurd. The mic is much better but still crap for a 250 headset. I have been told that my USB mic still sounds better better from 18" away. Great when a 8 10 year old usb mic sounds better. Sound quality wise still good but sounds best with the software uninstalled. Most of the different settings just introduces distortion. ANC still does nothing but switched off to be safe. I am comparing them to a 800 set on in ears so maybe thats not fair on them. I just like the sound with the standard windows install driver.

I suspect these will be replaced soon and sent to the hydraulic press channel to meet their maker. It will be the last ROG item I ever buy. This has taken months to sort and many months before that of excuses about updates and firmwares when clearly the mic was never tested. I just bought my son gaming laptop for xmas. Went for an acer predator and not a rog or strix laptop. 1300 is not being given to a company that clearly could not organise a piss up in a brewrey and treat their paying customers as free testers for beta products.

Guyvergamingtv
12-04-2017, 04:57 AM
ok so who is still waiting to receive all their gear back?

toretobcnn
12-04-2017, 08:41 AM
For example, last week they took their helmets and they have me with nothing waiting to receive something.

Guyvergamingtv
12-06-2017, 10:58 AM
ok if they have collected your headset then it may take a couple of weeks to get the new sent out to you, you should receive info on the headset being mailed soon, if not get intouch with masterC for an update.

murenitu
12-11-2017, 04:36 PM
As of today I have not received any mail indicating the tracking number. Today I called a DHL messenger home saying they had a package and had to pay customs ...

Logically told him that I do not plan to pay anything, also the package comes from China not from Taiwan as they tell me where it is at the center. Look to warn ...

Also and most worrying is that I connect by chat with asus giving notice that this would happen and they did not pay any attention to me. Now nobody knows anything about my package and I still without helmets

Guyvergamingtv
12-11-2017, 06:56 PM
Contact masterc, Asus should sort out customs charges as we pay nothing.

MasterC@ASUS
12-14-2017, 02:55 AM
As of today I have not received any mail indicating the tracking number. Today I called a DHL messenger home saying they had a package and had to pay customs ...

Logically told him that I do not plan to pay anything, also the package comes from China not from Taiwan as they tell me where it is at the center. Look to warn ...

Also and most worrying is that I connect by chat with asus giving notice that this would happen and they did not pay any attention to me. Now nobody knows anything about my package and I still without helmets

Hi murenitu,

Some people were uncertain why there is a fee and did not accept the package, to avoid any more delay, it would be faster to go through the normal process for your region (this varies by region) and pay the fee. Don't worry, just keep the receipt and we will provide a full refund.

av47ar
12-22-2017, 03:06 PM
DHL delivered the replacement headset today. H8 serial number, tested the mic and compared to the old set is much much better. I will add that the cable from the headset is not as firm as the previous set which is a good thing.

Appreciate the help from Bhaz, MasterC and James. has taken several weeks though but for me the issue is resolved.

MasterC@ASUS
12-26-2017, 08:22 AM
DHL delivered the replacement headset today. H8 serial number, tested the mic and compared to the old set is much much better. I will add that the cable from the headset is not as firm as the previous set which is a good thing.

Appreciate the help from Bhaz, MasterC and James. has taken several weeks though but for me the issue is resolved.

Thanks for coming back to let us know everything worked out. Enjoy your new headset!