PDA

View Full Version : G752VL Windows Creators update issues

MDgamerP
11-16-2017, 07:41 PM
I have a G752VL

Has anybody had issue with the creator's update?(think windows 17090)
My computer would not sleep, but hibernate. Worse yet, the when-to-sleep options don't work. So basically when I leave my computer idle to run a task, it'll just start sleeping. When it awakens, it messes up the program I had running, no bueno.

Also it only gives me a balanced profile. Previous I had battery saving and hi performance as well.

At any rate, I did the go back to previous windows option. And as soon as it reverted back, all was good. Sleep worked perfect, and my 3 power modes came back.

Anybody else have similar issues? I'm just waiting now for more updates to try again at a later date. But I do like to stay with the latest version operating system

davemon50
11-16-2017, 09:04 PM
Windows forced that Creator's update on my son's machine last week while it was sitting silent. Don't ask me how it circumvented my Administrator's preferences, I disabled it in W10 Pro policies, and have been putting off the warnings on 3 machines for months now. But on the G752VT it updated without my permission. I haven't had him run it enough yet to see how it got affected, but will report back if I see similar issues. This really ticked me off, that even after I set preferences Windows told me they did it for security adn scheduled a reboot.

Clintlgm
11-17-2017, 02:42 AM
Yea after every update now they reset your power settings it seems. I think they do it because of thinking most people are to stupid to do it themselves. I personally turn off Sleep and Hybrid sleep. just too many issues on gaming notebooks or any multitasking computer for that matter. this last time after update I found I would set it to never sleep and on next boot up I would have to change it again. I simple in advanced setting set the time to sleep to 5000 minutes. Most issues with the CU and now the FCU are solved by reinstalling drivers and software that doesn't want to work correctly. My Older hardware computers are still on 8.1 Pro and I have no intention of trying to get and keep them working on 10

davemon50
12-01-2017, 09:56 PM
Yea after every update now they reset your power settings it seems. I think they do it because of thinking most people are to stupid to do it themselves. I personally turn off Sleep and Hybrid sleep. just too many issues on gaming notebooks or any multitasking computer for that matter. this last time after update I found I would set it to never sleep and on next boot up I would have to change it again. I simple in advanced setting set the time to sleep to 5000 minutes. Most issues with the CU and now the FCU are solved by reinstalling drivers and software that doesn't want to work correctly. My Older hardware computers are still on 8.1 Pro and I have no intention of trying to get and keep them working on 10

None of the updates have reset my own power settings. I wonder if the difference between your experience and mine is that I set up a Custom power settings profile on my machines.

Clintlgm
12-01-2017, 10:16 PM
yes even in my custom power option change after major updates, I've just gotten use to after completing the upgrade and reboot, I go change it back to Sleep Never and in advanced option I change Sleep to 5000 minutes.

I never want my computer to sleep, too many issue with software and hardware restarting correctly on wake up.
I have SSD for all my OS so its just as easy to shut down and restart if I'm going away from the computer.

griff8
12-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Thanks to the update, my keyboard is not working, the device shows as unknown and any attempt to update the driver results in an error - Driver is not intended for this platform - ASUS Num pad.
No idea what to do, typing this using the on-screen keyboard...

Clintlgm
12-02-2017, 04:57 AM
ATK package needs to be reinstalled, Should be in your eSupport folder or download from Asus Support (https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/) I that don't work restore the Image you created just before installing the update. Or uninstall the update

griff8
12-02-2017, 07:48 AM
Installing the latest ATK pack had no effect whatsoever (ironically its just the functional keys that work). Tried to uninstall all 3 updates however one is uninstallable (kb4054022) and removing the other two did not solve the issue. Dont have a backup image, or at least I did not consciously create one.

Clintlgm
12-02-2017, 10:35 PM
As far as I know there is no separate software for your keyboard. Have you tried an external keyboard? if that works they it sounds like you may be having a hardware issue. Hopefuly once you get back up and running you'll create the OS Drive Image, one sure would come in handy right now a 15 minute restore would put you right back at where you were when you made that Image. I make one before every major update these days there have been so many problems with windows updates.