PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to buy the Centurion 7.1 now?

MightyRan
11-20-2017, 01:31 AM
If i buy it from amazon now, will i still get the horrendous microphone version?

Guyvergamingtv
11-20-2017, 02:56 PM
it is pot luck atm, not sure how many of the new headsets have reached the retailers, it all depends on how fast the retailer sell them i suppose. they wont be replacing existing stocks held im guessing.

bullet89
11-20-2017, 05:28 PM
If i buy it from amazon now, will i still get the horrendous microphone version?
Yesterday I bought new centurion( after one year strix 7.1 using and reloading bug, asus returned money) . Sound in headset is amazing for me(you hear everything in games). If you wan't true 7.1 without sound card and not afraiding that your voice will be like you are sitting in bunker, you should buy it.

p.s I hope centurion will'nt reload like strix 7.1, after one-two week using.

MightyRan
11-22-2017, 06:00 PM
just for the record... i've bought the centurion 7.1 from amazon yesterday and they arrived today.

I was lucky, they have serial number starting with H8 and the mic is okay!

Shanester
11-28-2017, 02:44 AM
This is good news indeed.

Did you purchase straight from Amazon or from a 3rd party?

Guyvergamingtv
11-28-2017, 11:42 PM
so as far as iv been told by asus any headset from H6 on wards should have the revised mic, my new one is H6 is a marked improvement. so hopefully rest of the problems left with customers can be resolved soon.

bobbagels
11-29-2017, 12:45 AM
May I ask you guys that actually have it,
How does it sound / working ?
Are you happy with it ?

I ask because I am very interested in this.

MasterC@ASUS
11-29-2017, 01:34 AM
so as far as iv been told by asus any headset from H6 on wards should have the revised mic, my new one is H6 is a marked improvement. so hopefully rest of the problems left with customers can be resolved soon.

Just check the serial number on the box if possible to make sure it starts with H8, H9, H10... (the number corresponds to the manufactured month). Stores are not likely to have any more stock manufactured before August on shelf.

Those who received a replacement have the serial number beginning with H6.

Shevvie
12-01-2017, 12:54 PM
May I ask you guys that actually have it,
How does it sound / working ?
Are you happy with it ?

I ask because I am very interested in this.

After some tweaking of the EQ and other setting I actually really like the audio quality through the headset. Having had my headset replaced (and a little more tweaking) I've not had any complaints about the quality of the mic. I have my PC in the living room where more often than not there is a 2 year old causing chaos plus a TV and the Mic manages to cut a massive amount of this extra noise out. In the last week I was on Discord with my brother, he thought that my wife and daughter were out somewhere because he couldn't hear either of them or the TV. Awesome because this is exactly what I wanted.

All the hassle I've had trying to get it sorted seems to have been well worth it in the end.

MasterC@ASUS
12-08-2017, 10:23 AM
After some tweaking of the EQ and other setting I actually really like the audio quality through the headset. Having had my headset replaced (and a little more tweaking) I've not had any complaints about the quality of the mic. I have my PC in the living room where more often than not there is a 2 year old causing chaos plus a TV and the Mic manages to cut a massive amount of this extra noise out. In the last week I was on Discord with my brother, he thought that my wife and daughter were out somewhere because he couldn't hear either of them or the TV. Awesome because this is exactly what I wanted.

All the hassle I've had trying to get it sorted seems to have been well worth it in the end.

Really glad it all worked out in the end! Appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience.

Valle
12-20-2017, 12:01 PM
Just check the serial number on the box if possible to make sure it starts with H8, H9, H10... (the number corresponds to the manufactured month). Stores are not likely to have any more stock manufactured before August on shelf.

Received replacement from my store, it has serial : HBYHCM000581 is it right? Shall i proceed unpacking it?

MasterC@ASUS
12-21-2017, 03:04 AM
Received replacement from my store, it has serial : HBYHCM000581 is it right? Shall i proceed unpacking it?

All the replacements have been tested. Let us know how you like it!

HeavyHemi
12-22-2017, 08:58 AM
Still hoping there is more work done to get surround working properly. Il2 BOS, sound is completely wacked, You cannot hear radio or voice comms over the engine.

Shanester
12-31-2017, 04:20 PM
I just purchased another Centurion headset from Amazon. My first purchase was in July so I'll be able to compare both. I'll let you know what version I get. :rolleyes:

Powerboy
01-11-2018, 08:43 AM

I bought Yesterday.. my serial is h1y its safe? anyway i expect much more from this headset... in some games like dark souls sound of footsteps or sword hit are relly soft... im thinking to send back.. can u tell about this if will be update of firmware or some fix?

MasterC@ASUS
01-12-2018, 08:22 AM
I bought Yesterday.. my serial is h1y its safe? anyway i expect much more from this headset... in some games like dark souls sound of footsteps or sword hit are relly soft... im thinking to send back.. can u tell about this if will be update of firmware or some fix?

From looking at your serial number, you can get a replacement with the microphone revised.
Please private message me the following details and our team in your region will contact you directly.
1. Your full name:
2. Address: Zip code:
3. Phone Number:
4. Email:
5. Serial Number (on the box, should contain CM):
6. Proof of purchase / invoice:

Thanks

marko_nis
01-21-2018, 01:43 PM
I bought these headphones 11.1 2018
Sound microphone in games is below each average and people can not recognize me. I tried various settings in the Sonic Studio program, but the result was always the same. Will there be any next upgrade that will solve this problem? I ask for help with what to do. I contacted asus support in my region, but they did not reply to anything after 5 days.

MasterC@ASUS
01-24-2018, 02:12 AM
I bought these headphones 11.1 2018
Sound microphone in games is below each average and people can not recognize me. I tried various settings in the Sonic Studio program, but the result was always the same. Will there be any next upgrade that will solve this problem? I ask for help with what to do. I contacted asus support in my region, but they did not reply to anything after 5 days.

Have you checked your serial number on the box to see if you need a replacement?

marko_nis
01-24-2018, 11:17 PM
@ MasterC@ASUS

Send on PM

Starcommand
01-26-2018, 05:23 AM
I would not recomend them, the sound is very low, mic may be bad, subwoofer may not work even after replacement for bad mic. Looks like moneys cannot buy the quality anymore nowdays :(

XtraArrow
01-26-2018, 01:56 PM
I would not recomend them, the sound is very low, mic may be bad, subwoofer may not work even after replacement for bad mic. Looks like moneys cannot buy the quality anymore nowdays :(

They are working for solutions on having the Subwoofer enabled for stereo mode i believe. The Newer replaced headsets have a new mic so the mic issues have been resolves just check tour serial number and for the general sound there is a post on this forum which tells you how to boost sound by editing the profile. IF you want more control, download PEACEUI equalizer for equalizerapo, allows you to edit frequencies and DB for each channel aswell as upmix your stereo channel to use all drivers.
The headset sounds amazing once you have that subwoofer working, trust me.

Shanester
02-02-2018, 01:06 AM
I just purchased another Centurion headset from Amazon. My first purchase was in July so I'll be able to compare both. I'll let you know what version I get. :rolleyes:

Headset has arrived and I've been testing and updating firmware. SN starts with GAY. lol
Anyway, same issues as before. Back to AMAZON she goes.

XtraArrow
02-02-2018, 01:29 AM
Headset has arrived and I've been testing and updating firmware. SN starts with GAY. lol
Anyway, same issues as before. Back to AMAZON she goes.

Are you reading the serial number from the left side of the headphones and NOT the one on the audio hub, i made this mistake. Also, what issues are you having?

Shanester
02-02-2018, 02:40 AM
Are you reading the serial number from the left side of the headphones and NOT the one on the audio hub, i made this mistake. Also, what issues are you having?

Whoops! I was using the SN on the side of the box.

SN on the side of the headphones starts with GCYHBP

SN on the audio hub is 957624-00324-YH00J0-B01

Issues are the same as my last model. Horrible mic.

MasterC@ASUS
02-06-2018, 03:02 AM
Please note that when checking to see if you need a replacement, look at the serial number on the side of the box.

The first character indicates the year it was manufactured: G=2016, H=2017...

The second one indicates the month, 1=Jan, 2=Feb.... A=Oct, B=Nov, C=Dec.

e.g. GA means it was manufactured in October, 2016, and therefore it needs to be replaced.

All stock manufactured before August, 2017 (H8) needs to be replaced. Only the headset, nothing else needs to be sent back.

Shanester
02-10-2018, 02:49 AM
Sent it back to AMAZON....waited a few weeks and just reordered. BOOM I've got a H9. I'll be testing out tonight!!!!

MasterC@ASUS
02-12-2018, 03:06 AM
Sent it back to AMAZON....waited a few weeks and just reordered. BOOM I've got a H9. I'll be testing out tonight!!!!

That's great, H9 is the revised version. We have a beta firmware available for download, if interested join the discussion and provide some feedback:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95885-Beta-FW-testing-for-Centurion-7-1/page4#post702780

Thanks!

mikev190
03-17-2018, 09:22 AM
I thought I'd share my positive experience too.

I bought my original set from overclockers UK and they were H3. Initial they were great (minus the mic) however after a few months, both side channels and the rear left channel stopped working.

I was a bit upset due to all the years of owning ASUS products with no issue. However I spoke to MasterC and he advised me to contact Overclockers.

They tested and within 2 weeks I had my shiny new H9 replacement. The headset just is amazing with the new firmware, I hear everything and so many suckers die in PUBG due to me hearing them.

Just want to credit both ASUS and OverclockersUK for the fast turnover. It's resparked my drive for gaming,

MasterC@ASUS
03-19-2018, 04:18 AM
I thought I'd share my positive experience too.

I bought my original set from overclockers UK and they were H3. Initial they were great (minus the mic) however after a few months, both side channels and the rear left channel stopped working.

I was a bit upset due to all the years of owning ASUS products with no issue. However I spoke to MasterC and he advised me to contact Overclockers.

They tested and within 2 weeks I had my shiny new H9 replacement. The headset just is amazing with the new firmware, I hear everything and so many suckers die in PUBG due to me hearing them.

Just want to credit both ASUS and OverclockersUK for the fast turnover. It's resparked my drive for gaming,

Appreciate you coming back to share positive feedback, enjoy your new headset!

shanerbo
11-18-2018, 12:41 AM
Please note that when checking to see if you need a replacement, look at the serial number on the side of the box.

The first character indicates the year it was manufactured: G=2016, H=2017...

The second one indicates the month, 1=Jan, 2=Feb.... A=Oct, B=Nov, C=Dec.

e.g. GA means it was manufactured in October, 2016, and therefore it needs to be replaced.

All stock manufactured before August, 2017 (H8) needs to be replaced. Only the headset, nothing else needs to be sent back.

the serial number on the side of box is J1YHCM00xxxx there is no H

xeromist
11-18-2018, 09:01 PM

Read the post again. J is well after the recalled batch.

MasterC@ASUS
11-19-2018, 03:23 AM

H indicates 2017, J1 means your headset was manufactured in January 2018 (H=2017, J=2018, skipped I). Don't worry, your headset already has the revised mic.