PDA

View Full Version : G5752VS-RB71 Trackpad Problem (Wake After Sleep)

Enterfrize
11-21-2017, 07:51 PM
Hi All!

Sorry for the cross-post - posted in the wrong forum earlier.

Just got this otherwise amazing computer a couple of days ago. The only caveat is the trackpad two finger gestures disappear after the computer awakes from sleep. I've seen it reported in the forums. Tried updating all the drivers, updating to 310 bios - everything I can think of.

I contacted ASUS, and they offered to RMA my machine or I could just take it back to my place of purchase. Neither option is appealing to me.

I saw a firmware update listed in the forums, but it looks to be malware according to an admin.

Is this problem being seriously looked at? Is there a fix in sight? Is the issue unique to a handful of units, or all of them?

Regards,
Enterfrize

FreshPrince15
11-21-2017, 11:40 PM
Hi i have the same issue and i think every owner of a G752VS has this issue. I dont think RMA will Change anything, we just Need the right Driver, thats all! Hopefully someone from ASUS will see the several opened Topics here and will Show a reaction ....

Enterfrize
11-22-2017, 12:47 AM
Hi i have the same issue and i think every owner of a G752VS has this issue. I dont think RMA will Change anything, we just Need the right Driver, thats all! Hopefully someone from ASUS will see the several opened Topics here and will Show a reaction ....

At least I know I'm not alone. It's such a blaring problem relative to an otherwise kick-ass machine. It's like sending a man in space with the latest ship and no sealant on the door!

I've been reading that the trackpad is based on ELAN. If it was Synaptics, it would be easier because we could just download the latest generic driver - but ELAN doesn't make a generic driver available as far as I know.

Regards,
Enterfrize

FreshPrince15
11-22-2017, 11:24 AM
At least I know I'm not alone. It's such a blaring problem relative to an otherwise kick-ass machine. It's like sending a man in space with the latest ship and no sealant on the door!

I've been reading that the trackpad is based on ELAN. If it was Synaptics, it would be easier because we could just download the latest generic driver - but ELAN doesn't make a generic driver available as far as I know.

Regards,
Enterfrize

Good Example :D I don't think this a really big problem to fix for Asus, but as I said I don't understand why they just don't fix this. Its really sad!*