PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8.1 drivers for Asus x hero ? Any where?

bass junkie xl
11-29-2017, 06:54 PM
As the title some games like battlefield 1 and such stutter bad on Windows 10 fail update.
Is there any ways to make 8.1 work on this board?
There's only win 10 and 7 drivers.
Can I use drivers from a z270 Asus board for Windows 8.1 lan and audio ect or am I limited to Windows 10 and 7 ?

JustinThyme
12-01-2017, 02:10 PM
Roll back your windows off the FC update to 1703 and defer feature updates for up to a year. FC update is a fail across the board. Everything is screwing up.

bass junkie xl
12-02-2017, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=JustinThyme;689923]Roll back your windows off the FC update to 1703 and defer feature updates for up to a year. FC update is a fail across the board. Everything is screwing up.

69353[/QUOTE

to confirm i fresh installed windows 10 version 1607 and blocked the fall update already and im still 1607 to cinfirm but this windows 10 version is crap some games stutter like battlefield 1 and others report the same in the nvidia geforce forums aswell .

this is with my 8700k , 4000mhz ram ,1080ti difffrent drivers does nothing its only battlefield 1 and before this coffee lake system i had this
7700k @ 5 ghz
3000mhz ram
1080ti
windows 8.1 x64 and it ran so damn smooth ! the gigabyte z270 baord i had they had windows 7 , 8.1 , 10 driverss for evrything
this asus board doesnt not only windows 7 and 10 .
my question is it even posible to get the lan and audio to even work on windows 8.1 ?

Menthol
12-03-2017, 01:43 PM
My guess is you will be able to install drivers, Z270, Z370 and X299 chipsets are pretty much the same and you can find benchmarks on HWBOT using Win 8.1 on all 3 chipsets so they managed to install drivers.
You may have to manually install some drivers through device manager, only one way to find out

JustinThyme
12-03-2017, 04:11 PM
1607 was rolled out Aug 2016.
1703 seems stable in my experiences.
Why look to the past? Embrace the future.
If it were me I would be spending time getting the machine to work with the OS and drivers for which it was built instead of going backwards. There are no win 8.1 drivers because this was released well after 10 rolled out.

Single biggest problem is there is no chip set driver for this platform that is that old. going backwards will only create more issues.

Have you tried 1703 and installing the drivers in order starting with chip set first?

If you look a bit more closely at the Gigabyte Z370 offerings they do not have drivers for older versions of windows, simply a drop down box with a few drivers that are the same versions that have gone unchanged by he vendors and are the same on 8.1 and 10, thats all of 4 drivers out of 20 (all of which are unchanged by the respective vendors), none of which is the chipset driver.

bass junkie xl
12-03-2017, 06:48 PM
1607 was rolled out Aug 2016.
1703 seems stable in my experiences.
Why look to the past? Embrace the future.
If it were me I would be spending time getting the machine to work with the OS and drivers for which it was built instead of going backwards. There are no win 8.1 drivers because this was released well after 10 rolled out.

Single biggest problem is there is no chip set driver for this platform that is that old. going backwards will only create more issues.

Have you tried 1703 and installing the drivers in order starting with chip set first?

If you look a bit more closely at the Gigabyte Z370 offerings they do not have drivers for older versions of windows, simply a drop down box with a few drivers that are the same versions that have gone unchanged by he vendors and are the same on 8.1 and 10, thats all of 4 drivers out of 20 (all of which are unchanged by the respective vendors), none of which is the chipset driver.

yeah its a big issue with windows 10 1703 and 1709 on alot of games and alot of users report same issues on nvidia geforce forums and other forums
basicly your geting say 140 + fps @ 6.9 ms and then out of no where a 1 to 2 second micros stutter and frame times go up to 10 +
changing drivers , over clock vs no over clock , diffrent videos cards 970,980to 1080,1080ti , diffrent power supplys , diffrent ram , un parking cores , turning high presion event timmer on or off , diffrent chip set drivers , un plugging all usb devices , turning on and off xbox gaming , diffrent resolutions
nothing changes it theres a 160 page forum about thounsdands of users reporting stuttering in game after windows 10 fall update and all report going back to windows 1607 has fixed 50 % of the issue for users , going back to windows 8.1 and windws 7 is butter smooth .

when the stutters happen frame times shot up and feels like cpu is strugling windows 10 1607 fresh instal with no updates runs pretty smooth but soon as you update windows it goes back to the same ol stuttery garbage.

in y case i have the issue in battlefield 1 as alot of other players say they dont but open console and type perfoverlay.drawgraph 1 and watch your yellow cpu lines spike like a mountain .

i made a video about it and recorded it and then recorded it in windows 8.1 and the diffrence in frame times was night and day.

ill proably go back to windows 7 on this coffee lake windows 10 is to much bloated .