[Informação do Produto]
*Tipo de Produto : Notebook
*Modelo do Produto : G53JW
*Número de Série do Produto : acn0as35914952a
Lugar donde foi comprado : miami
*Data de Compra : 2011/7/7

* Sistema Operativo : Windows 7 64bit

[Descrição do problema]
i have configured only to boot the notebook with pen drives, probably i have take out the other boot devices ....

the problem is after the first boot, i cant enter in bios anymore, the computer bots then asus logo apear, he ask for password and the pass is the same if i answer wrong he says its wrong normal as is, but when i give the password he just goes to a black screen and do nothing, i have left the for 20 minutes and still nothing happens ...

I have tryed to reset bios with holding button for 30 sec but the bios wont reset, for several times i have done that and nothing happens.

what else i can do ::???

please help i needing this computer ...

BrodyBoy
01-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Can you start the EZ Flash utility?

dstrakele
01-19-2012, 06:41 PM
There is also a BIOS reset on the bottom of the laptop. You'll need a straightened paper clip to press it. Not sure if it will help you though...

BrodyBoy
01-19-2012, 06:46 PM
There is also a BIOS reset on the bottom of the laptop. You'll need a straightened paper clip to press it. Not sure if it will help you though...
Really? That's great to know, as sometimes, an actual BIOS reset is the only solution. I've never even noticed it on my Asus laptops....where exactly is it?

Xicoloco
01-19-2012, 06:50 PM
i cant see anything after the boot.

and please where is the Hard Reset at botton of notebook ? i reallt cant find it ... g53jw

Xicoloco
01-19-2012, 07:02 PM

were it is dude i take a good look and dont find it maybe under windows or serial tags ???

dstrakele
01-19-2012, 10:52 PM
OOPS! - I guess it is only on the G73 model - Sorry!

BrodyBoy
01-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Can you start the EZ Flash utility?
So can you access the EZ Flash utility (F4 at startup)?

Xicoloco
01-19-2012, 11:47 PM
f4 on booting ???? after asus logo apear ??

BrodyBoy
01-19-2012, 11:49 PM
f4 on booting ???? after asus logo apear ??
Just hit the power button, then immediately press F4.....repeatedly.

If you can access EZ Flash, you could at least try reflashing your BIOS. That isn't guaranteed to remove the password requirement, but it's worth a try.

Xicoloco
01-19-2012, 11:50 PM
OOPS! - I guess it is only on the G73 model - Sorry!

anyone know how to hard reset bios to factory setings ???

i am really upset for the situation.

Xicoloco
01-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Just hit the power button, then immediately press F4.....repeatedly.

If you can access EZ Flash, you could at least try reflashing your BIOS. That isn't guaranteed to remove the password requirement, but it's worth a try.

tks i dont want to remove password the problem is after that nothing happens ... i will try this ...

Xicoloco
01-19-2012, 11:57 PM
i have tryed f4 in fast when turn on g53 but he just pass from logo to password ... and stays there on black screen same way ...

another ideas ???

BrodyBoy
01-19-2012, 11:57 PM
tks i dont want to remove password the problem is after that nothing happens ... i will try this ...
Okay, then I'm confused as to what exactly the issue is. I thought, based on your first post (and thread title), that you are unable to enter the BIOS setup because it's asking for a password.

Xicoloco
01-20-2012, 12:02 AM
i turn on ...
the computer starts
asus logo apear
he ask password - i input that normal
he accept normal and pass that ...
after that the black screen come and the computer stays there ..

this happened after i change boot device ( i have change to accept a pendrive boot) just it when i reset the situation happens ...

well i really apreciate any kind of help . tks

BrodyBoy
01-20-2012, 12:04 AM
Are you able to access the BIOS at all? To undo these changes you've made?

Xicoloco
01-20-2012, 12:07 AM
the problem is i cant

BrodyBoy
01-20-2012, 12:12 AM
I think you may need to open up the computer and remove the CMOS battery to completely reset the BIOS.

Xicoloco
01-20-2012, 12:17 AM
tks dude, but i have already take the battery (is near vga output) out for at least 10 hours and let the note without pouwer supply and regular batery, and the problem persists.

i dont know there is a secondary battery, or better there is a solution like the g73 the other guy say there is a hidden button who clear bios.

BrodyBoy
01-20-2012, 12:21 AM
I was referring to the CMOS battery.

Xicoloco
01-20-2012, 01:02 AM
I was referring to the CMOS battery.

yes for 10 hours the internal motherboard batery looks like a smal plate .... looks like this ,, 5514

dstrakele
01-20-2012, 01:54 AM
You might check out this thread: http://www.geckoandfly.com/6940/reset-or-remove-bios-password-for-acer-dell-hp-toshiba-asus-and-apple-laptop/

I can't vouche for the software mentioned in the thread. I've never used it. I don't know if it will install some backdoor to turn your laptop into a spamming zombie for denial-of-service attacks, so research it the best you can. It is your decision to use or not use it.

Here is a thread from another ASUS forum: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20080529004809218&board_id=3&model=A8Sc&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Xicoloco
01-20-2012, 05:05 AM
dude ... i hoping there is a bottun in g53jw and i can do the same you do in your g7 ,,,

dstrakele
01-20-2012, 05:30 AM
I just thought of something... When you boot your system and enter the password, is the USB drive or flash drive connected to a USB 2.0 port or the USB 3.0 port? I'd recommend having it connected to a USB 2.0 port or disconnected.

Xicoloco
01-20-2012, 05:57 PM
i am stucked, can someone please give anoother ideas ????

BrodyBoy
01-20-2012, 08:18 PM
i am stucked, can someone please give anoother ideas ????
Have you tried see whether another boot option will work? If you have some bootable disk, like a Windows installer or repair disk, put it in the optical drive, and power off. Power up and press F8 immediately and repeatedly to try and get the boot menu.

Xicoloco
01-20-2012, 08:37 PM
tks mr.brody but still nothing, have tryed my 7 install and a windows xp i have, even a linux suse ...

i still believing if i have any way to reset bios to factory settings will do the work, because i change something in bios and thecomputer never boot again ...

please where is the magic button detrakelle says his notebook have, for my model off course.

BrodyBoy
01-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Removing the CMOS battery resets the BIOS. As far as I know, there is no motherboard button or jumper for doing a hard reset, but even if there was, it would do the same thing as removing the CMOS battery.

If you have tried all the BIOS shortcuts.....

[*=1]F2=BIOS Setup[*=1]F4=EZFlash[*=1]F8=Boot Menu[*=1]ESC=Boot Menu[*=1] F9=Factory Restore

....and none of them respond normally, I think you have to conclude that the BIOS is corrupted. Resetting can't fix that.

Without access to any of the options for re-flashing it, I think you will have to resort to letting Asus fix it. :(

Xicoloco
01-21-2012, 04:54 AM
i am very upset and frustred with this situation ... i have save money for 18 months and have selled my sony vaio (a noteobook who dont giive any problem for about 15 months) to buy a so called game notebook who people in this forum call so good ...

i have buyed from a friend who comes 2 times a year from US, because in Brazil there is no asus rog reselers and not even a asus suport so i pretty much with this crap lying on my desk and i just cant do **** about itt ...

Best regards and tks ASUS ... and tks for nothing ...

BrodyBoy
01-21-2012, 06:28 AM
@Xicoloco, do you remember exactly what changes you made in the BIOS?

Xicoloco
01-21-2012, 07:43 AM
i have tryed to insert 2 bot devices 2 flashdrives to be more specific.

i have done that before with ny last notebook and was ok. i am thinking to take out the motherboard to search some clear cmos like the regular motherboards have. i just dont know where to look maybe if someone have the schematics of the motherboard ,,,

BrodyBoy
01-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Well, I suppose you could try that. But even if you found a jumper, it would have the same effect as removing the CMOS battery. I think you said you already tried that.

You could try one more time to remove the CMOS battery. (Make sure the battery and power cord are detached, of course.) Leave it out at least 30 minutes, then re-assemble and try to access the BIOS again.

That does constitute a BIOS reset. There's no built-in "BIOS backup" that can restore a corrupted BIOS, so if it's corrupted, a reset won't make a difference.

You've tried both ESC and F4 to to and launch a boot menu? If there's any way you could get it to boot from the optical drive, you might be able to re-flash via Asus' DOS-based update utility. But you do have to be able to boot from a CD/DVD.

Xicoloco
01-21-2012, 04:29 PM
well i have done the cmos battery, and everytime i do the first time i power up the notebook he get stucked in asus logo, you have to turn off then turn on and he goes to password like before and he locks just after you enter your password;

THIS IS RIDICULUS THIS NOTEBOOK HAVE LOCK UP BIOS BECAUSE I CHANGED BOT DEVICES ???

BrodyBoy
01-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Your whole objective now should not be to boot successfully, but to access the BIOS setup ANY way that you can. If you can get into the setup, you might be able to re-flash the BIOS.

It sounds like you do get some different behavior after resetting the BIOS. Did you press a BIOS hotkey immediately after hitting the power button....remember, this isn't about booting, it's about getting into the BIOS.

Remove all other peripherals and boot devices, and make sure you have a thumbdrive containing the latest BIOS update inserted into a USB 2.0 port. Then try every option:

Reset...power up....press F2 immediately and repeatedly
Reset...power up....press F4 immediately and repeatedly
Reset...power up....press DEL immediately and repeatedly
Reset...power up....press F8 immediately and repeatedly

(In all cases, "reset" means to remove the CMOS battery)

I realize that you are very frustrated with this situation, but the only way to know if you can fix it yourself is to systematically, and carefully, try every option.

If you can get into the BIOS setup program, you must, at the very least, reset it to optimized defaults using F9. Better yet, re-flash the BIOS, then reset to optimized defaults. (The USB thumbdrive must be inserted before you enter the BIOS, or it may not be recognized.)

Xicoloco
01-22-2012, 01:58 PM
dude ... after 39 HOURS without sleep and turning the noteebok inside out (LITERALLY REMOVE EVERY SINGLE BOLT)

AFTER THE 237 attempt taking out cmos battery, the noteebok enter a single time in F4 option ... the i manage to update the bios and enter default settings ...

many tks for the support expecially BrodyBoy without him i have throw the nottebook in the wall already ...

now its working but i pretty sure if asus put the ****ing zero bios like g73 have this would happen ...

tks guys and tks again BrodyBoy

BACK TO DOTA2 .... AT LAST ....

BrodyBoy
01-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Success!!!!

I'm really glad you got it working.....fantastic!

dstrakele
01-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Just to confirm, @Xicoloco, you resolved your BIOS Password issue by pressing F4 at startup to start the EasyFlash utility and reflashed your BIOS?

BrodyBoy
01-22-2012, 11:31 PM
That's what he did....but apparently he got in on a fluke. (He also reset to defaults, which was probably key in this case.) It's clear from his posts that he had tried every method of accessing the BIOS, and starting EZ Flash, many many times.

Since he was getting a little bit of activity when he powered up, it wasn't an entirely bricked BIOS. But I think the behavior suggests this was corrupted BIOS issue, not just a password problem. He's probably really lucky to have been able to re-flash! But it's sure great that he did, because it seems his repair options through Asus were limited or non-existant.

dstrakele
01-22-2012, 11:48 PM
BrodyBoy says - "He's probably really lucky to have been able to re-flash! But it's sure great that he did, because it seems his repair options through Asus were limited or non-existant. "

Same as everybody else, huh.... ;>{)>

Xicoloco
01-29-2012, 08:40 PM
probably ... because the tear computer apart, i even cut thru the hole (plastic protection/then put isolant tape there) where the bios batery was, to take it out in a more easy way just need to remove keyboard.

but its like 38 hours straight take out wait, start computer press F2/F4/Fwahtever .... the first time i get into wass on F4 that i remember ...

tks again to alll

GREAT SUCESS BRODY

dstrakele
01-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Awww Geeez, @Xicoloco! Don't go tellin' Brody that.... It just encourages his current behavior!

We've been working with him intensely at Forumoholics Anonymous to get him off these forums and to stop taking his laptops apart and photographing them. We're trying to help him lead a more normal life... ;>{)>

BrodyBoy
01-30-2012, 02:50 AM
Awww Geeez, @Xicoloco! Don't go tellin' Brody that.... It just encourages his current behavior!

We've been working with him intensely at Forumoholics Anonymous to get him off these forums and to stop taking his laptops apart and photographing them. We're trying to help him lead a more normal life... ;>{)>
Lol! But tearing computers apart IS my normal life! :)

I'm really glad it worked out for you, Xicoloco!

PILGRIM
01-30-2012, 04:10 AM
Wow! Reading this thread further solidifies my belief on the usefulness of this forum.
Keep up the good work, guys!! (two thumbs up)

Xicoloco
01-31-2012, 12:02 PM
568956915692the pictures of the bios battery role ....

stevenforasus
08-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Hi perhaps the same solution as under Windows 8 (Quick start desactivation). Sorry for my english (my Windows 8 is in french).

Procedure: Click on "Control panel", Click on "Power option", Click on "Choose the action of the power buttons", Click on "Change the settings that are currently unavailable", Under "Stop parameters": Disable "Enable Quick Start (recommended)".

At reboot type your bios password and just after push ENTER and F2 key and maintain F2 key or click many time on it.