PDA

View Full Version : Pre-installed Software g74sx

Kerkos
01-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Hey guys, I'm new here. I have just recently bought g74sx and I'm super satisfied with it!!

I was just wondering is there a thread or a web page that contains the list of all the pre installed
software, and what is more important, the description of that software, so that I could know
what to delte and what to leave if its useful.

I would also like to reduce the number of processes that run in background, I know I should probably
do a clean windows install, but I really can't be bothered with that right now, so if you have any tips on
that, I would appreciate it..

Thanks

fuzon1337
01-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Take a look at my thread New notebook? Look here (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?9082-New-notebook-Look-here!).
In there is a link to FNR (forum) with bloatware that you can read and think about if you need it or not :)

Almost all off the bloatware that is preinstalled on your notebook is software that you don't need except for ATK package (since that controls the FN keys and the backlight in KB). Optional is P4G (power options that is optimized for asus notebooks) don't need it, since Windows can make it own power options for the notebook :)

Kerkos
01-19-2012, 10:03 PM
This was fast :)

Thanks fuzon1337, this is just what I was looking for..

fuzon1337
01-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Hehe, no problem :)

BrodyBoy
01-19-2012, 10:07 PM
I was just wondering is there a thread or a web page that contains the list of all the pre installed
software, and what is more important, the description of that software, so that I could know
what to delte and what to leave if its useful.

Here's a view of a G74SX Control Panl, as shipped. Everything that is expendable is crossed out.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/prog_photos/MISC/ControlPanel_all_marked.png

Kerkos
01-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Thanks BrodyBoy!

BrodyBoy
01-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks BrodyBoy!

No problem. Let me know if you have questions about any of the specific programs and what they're for.

PS: Technically, Adobe Reader and THX TruStudio are expendable as well. But they are so commonly used that I left them in.

fostert
01-20-2012, 12:41 AM
Question: does one need both the NVIDIA HD Audio *and* the Realtek HD Audio drivers? Or will one do?

BTW, THX is optional but highly recommended for this notebook...without it the speakers sound flat and airy. It makes a huge difference. Glad to see you include it BB.

dstrakele
01-20-2012, 12:46 AM
I believe the NVIDIA HD Audio is used over HDMI, but am not entirely certain.

fostert
01-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Ahhh...got it, yes. That would make sense. Since I don't use my notebook as a HTPC, I can probably uninstall that particular driver then. One less process in Windows is good.

vastvisionlinkbuildingaaa
03-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Hi I'm having some problem regarding this software...is it on my pc requirements?