PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find 52x internal drive for my G series lappy?

MDgamerP
12-05-2017, 03:20 AM
Are these things extinct?

Can't believe my ROG came with a 24x burner. I have plenty of old external drives laying around that are 52x (burn speed) but I can't find 52x internal laptop drives anywhere. I burn CDs on the regular still for local bands/people and stuff so yeah I need a CD burner

Does anybody know who carries these? and at decent prices if possible

JustinThyme
12-05-2017, 05:03 AM
Optical has gone to the wayside. A lot of machines don't even offer the option any longer. With the curent state of brodband its actually slower to get media from an optical drive than it is to download it.

MrRuckus
12-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Optical has gone to the wayside. A lot of machines don't even offer the option any longer. With the curent state of brodband its actually slower to get media from an optical drive than it is to download it.

Ehh, thats very dependent on location. I work for a small rural ISP. Not everyone has gigabit speeds, especially those where there are not enough subscribers per square mile to justify the price of the infrastructure.

But I agree with the media , it is going away. I bought some BD-R media for my G752, and used just one disc. With cloud storage so cheap, its hard to justify, even for archiving.