PDA

View Full Version : Strix Z370-F and 8700k - Constant restart

Matqo
12-06-2017, 09:06 AM
Hi all,
I've built a brand new rig last week with the 8700k and Z370-F strix.
The problem is that the system constantly restarts when not under load or when I'm not playing games however memtest seems to cause system to restart.
All BIOS settings are default and the temperatures seem to be excellent. I have tried pretty much everything hardware-wise to isolate this problem to the motherboard. The default v core I'm getting from BIOS is 1.088v which seems pretty low for 8700k therefore I attempted 1.2v and ran memtest without a crash, however the system was not 100% stable regardless.

Therefore I'd like to ask if anyone here has experience with this setup, especially if I could be given some advice in what settings to set/change in order to have a stable system. My target for OC was 5ghz but at the moment I can't even get stock clocks to be stable therefore I'm unsure what I've been doing wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Starscream
12-09-2017, 02:15 AM
Have you had a stable system ever? I would clear the CMOS, and boot-up. Clearing CMOS is the best way to to ensure defaults. Also, Ensure you have latest BIOS.

If your system is still unstable, it appears it could be faulty RAM based on the info provided. While stock settings are not ideal, Not having XMP enabled and still experiencing crashes with a memtest does indicate a ram issue.