PDA

View Full Version : Claymore - CAPS lock LED not working

santoitaliano
12-19-2017, 12:36 AM
Hi,

ROG Claymore - not sure if hardware or software fault but the CAPS lock LED is not working.

Any suggestions? Latest firmware and software.

Kind Regards,
Santo

MasterC@ASUS
12-19-2017, 03:30 AM
Hi Santo,

Sounds like a hardware issue, it's working fine on my end. Aura software does not affect the Caps Lock LED, I'd suggest RMA.

JustinThyme
12-19-2017, 03:31 AM
Mine has never worked.

namoi
12-19-2017, 06:23 AM
Hi Santo,

Sounds like a hardware issue, it's working fine on my end. Aura software does not affect the Caps Lock LED, I'd suggest RMA.Well it does for me.
If the Claymore is synced via Aura AND if i turn the lighting off, it also turn off the caps lock led and the ver num led...

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

santoitaliano
12-21-2017, 08:49 AM
Not Hardware - If i undo the sync in Aura then the caps lock LED works.

namoi
12-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Not Hardware - If i undo the sync in Aura then the caps lock LED works.They should also work if synced but not on all modes (in rainbow they don't but in color cycle they do if i remember well)

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

MasterC@ASUS
01-18-2018, 07:18 AM
When the Claymore is synced to other components (including the motherboard) using Aura Sync, the CAPS Lock LED works as it should for all the standard modes (Static, Breathing, and Color Cycle). People using Aura Sync with peripherals only don't need to worry.

However, when the exclusive modes (Rainbow, Comet, etc.) are activated then we have confirmed there is a bug. These modes disable the CAPS Lock LED (this affects the LED only, functionality of the key is fine). It's kind of a weird case, but we're on it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

MasterC@ASUS
01-18-2018, 07:25 AM
Mine has never worked.

Perhaps you had one of those Aura modes enabled all this time? Sorry about that. Can you verify?

namoi
01-18-2018, 07:36 AM
When the Claymore is synced to other components (including the motherboard) using Aura Sync, the CAPS Lock LED works as it should for all the standard modes (Static, Breathing, and Color Cycle). People using Aura Sync with peripherals don't need to worry.

However, when the exclusive modes (Rainbow, Comet, etc.) are activated then we have confirmed there is a bug. These modes disable the CAPS Lock LED (this affects the LED only, functionality of the key is fine). It's kind of a weird case, but we're on it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!The verr num also is broken btw and the 2 additional leds under the space bar are turned off. Also the rog eye is turned off in these modes.

I would also add that the overall lighting intensity of the keyboard comparing others devices (gladius 2 and mobo) is way to low while syncing via aura.

Could this be also fixed?

Thanks

MasterC@ASUS
01-24-2018, 02:30 AM
The verr num also is broken btw and the 2 additional leds under the space bar are turned off. Also the rog eye is turned off in these modes.

I would also add that the overall lighting intensity of the keyboard comparing others devices (gladius 2 and mobo) is way to low while syncing via aura.

Could this be also fixed?

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, we'll look into it.

LonCoyLexTonDre
02-05-2018, 12:17 PM
question guys..

does the rog logo on claymore will not glow while using wave, rainbow and color cycle effect in aura sync?

already re-install the latest software of aura sync and already used the aura cleaner before reinstalling.

mobo: Maximus hero ix
gpu: asus strix 1060 6gb OC
KB: rog claymore
Mouse: Gladius II

namoi
02-05-2018, 02:22 PM
question guys..

does the rog logo on claymore will not glow while using wave, rainbow and color cycle effect in aura sync?

already re-install the latest software of aura sync and already used the aura cleaner before reinstalling.

mobo: Maximus hero ix
gpu: asus strix 1060 6gb OC
KB: rog claymore
Mouse: Gladius II

71338Yeah... Aura is buggy.
You will notice that two of the 3 leds under the space bar are off with these modes too (visible on your picture). And of course as the thread title suggest the caps lock led and the ver num one doesn't work (which could be great if it was a feature one can enable/disable btw).

LonCoyLexTonDre
02-07-2018, 09:36 AM
Yeah... Aura is buggy.
You will notice that two of the 3 leds under the space bar are off with these modes too (visible on your picture). And of course as the thread title suggest the caps lock led and the ver num one doesn't work (which could be great if it was a feature one can enable/disable btw).

so supposedly the rog logo will also light but the software is bug?

lexpolicarpio
02-25-2018, 10:31 AM
i have the same issue today my asus logo wont turn on on custom mode only i just updated the firmware to 1.09.01 , anyway i can rollback the firmware ? ive wasted all my time today just for finding a fix for this but still nothing .... custom lighting effects logo is too dim and i dont know if it just they keyboard but mt gladius is so brind not like they keyboard is somewhat dimmer

MasterC@ASUS
03-16-2018, 04:08 AM
The lighting for the ROG logo will be fixed in the next version of Armoury II. However, the LEDs for the lock keys (Caps lock, Scroll lock, and Num lock) will be disabled for software-based Aura effects. The functionality of the lock keys are not affected, those LEDs are not disabled when using hardware-based effects (Static/Breathing/Color Cycle/Reactive).

namoi
03-16-2018, 06:13 AM
The lighting for the ROG logo will be fixed in the next version of Armoury II. However, the LEDs for the lock keys (Caps lock, Scroll lock, and Num lock) will be disabled for software-based Aura effects. The functionality of the lock keys are not affected, those LEDs are not disabled when using hardware-based effects (Static/Breathing/Color Cycle/Reactive).Will they be fixed when Aura is off? Because right know if the claymore is synced in aura even if no effects are used (aura off) they don't light which is very annoying.

Thanks

Sent from my Moto X Play using Tapatalk

MasterC@ASUS
03-20-2018, 06:54 AM
Lock LEDs will not be disabled when Aura is off or displaying hardware-based lighting effects (Static, Breathing, Color Cycle).

namoi
03-20-2018, 09:38 AM
Lock LEDs will not be disabled when Aura is off or displaying hardware-based lighting effects (Static, Breathing, Color Cycle, Random).Well that is good news.

Thanks

gsmhacks
10-04-2018, 10:23 PM
mine number 8 is not working after updating the latest firmware 80% firmware version 1.09.01

letter E color rotation is not correct

when set to off, f6,I,K, < and backspace are still illuminating dim color green

MasterC@ASUS
10-09-2018, 08:05 AM
mine number 8 is not working after updating the latest firmware 80% firmware version 1.09.01

letter E color rotation is not correct

when set to off, f6,I,K, < and backspace are still illuminating dim color green

Latest firmware has been sent to you, please check your inbox. Try flashing again and reinstall Armoury if necessary.

kshafe777
01-04-2019, 12:36 AM
I have same issue.. caps lock led not working

MasterC@ASUS
01-04-2019, 01:44 AM
I have same issue.. caps lock led not working

Not working at all or under certain conditions? Is your Claymore connected to a USB hub?

The LEDs for the lock keys (Caps, Scroll, and Num) are disabled while software-based Aura effects are active - the functionality of those keys are not affected.
The LEDs are not disabled when using hardware-based effects (Static/Breathing/Color Cycle/Reactive).

kshafe777
01-04-2019, 03:32 PM
Not working at all or under certain conditions? Is your Claymore connected to a USB hub?

The LEDs for the lock keys (Caps, Scroll, and Num) are disabled while software-based Aura effects are active - the functionality of those keys are not affected.
The LEDs are not disabled when using hardware-based effects (Static/Breathing/Color Cycle/Reactive).

good question. I have my aura set up in gradient... I will disable that and see if it works.

side note: if set in gradient and connected to PG27UQ the entire color system locks. meaning Aura becomes unresponsive and have to restart computer to get to work for a short time before it locks again. Seems that Aura software creates a TON of problems.

MasterC@ASUS
01-09-2019, 09:50 AM
good question. I have my aura set up in gradient... I will disable that and see if it works.

side note: if set in gradient and connected to PG27UQ the entire color system locks. meaning Aura becomes unresponsive and have to restart computer to get to work for a short time before it locks again. Seems that Aura software creates a TON of problems.

Does this mean you only have issues when the Gradient is selected under Color?

Please go to the Aura software thread and provide the info requested in the OP if you can. Thanks.