PDA

View Full Version : G53SW graphic issues with sudden lag till <5 fps with everything else normal

zackwzk
01-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi guys,

Really need some help over here.

I have been playing Skyrim and Deus EX with no issues since i ve got my G53SW. However just today, when i loaded my game, i encountered an insane amount of lag. I was practically moving at <5 fps. My settings are the same and I didnt update my driver (Still using the same old 285.62 - WHQL that worked so well till now). I ve jsut switched it on so there was no overheating at all. Windows, videos, internet and everything else worked without issued at full resolution
ran the 3Dmark 11 and had like 1-2 fps for all the graphic tests.

I ve oso ran the
1) anti virus
2) Spybot
3) reinstalled a newer beta driver
4) re-installed the my 285.62 - WHQL driver once more

but all were in vain.
Finally i shut it down and removed the battery and waited for a gd 1 minute before switching on again and it worked again.
Please advice me as to what problem it might be and if i need to send to asus for servicing before my Graphic card dies LOL
What problem is that? a fan issue? over heating?

dstrakele
01-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Could be Windows Update installed something that effects your performance? I'd recommend using Windows System Restore to restore your system back to a time when you didn't experience this performance issue.

If that fails, see if CPU Throttling is affecting your gameplay: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2329-ATTENTION-G73-53SW-Owners-CPU-Throttling-to-798mhz-and-how-to-fix-it