PDA

View Full Version : Intel 750 u.2 ssd doesnt work with maximus x apex

sonicshadows
12-21-2017, 11:01 AM
I have an intel 1.2tb u.2 ssd that worked fine with the maximus ix apex using the asus u.2 hyper kit but it no longer works with the apex x, there was a bios setting in the pch storage configuration to enable the hyper kit to work on the ix but i'm unable to find the setting in the x.

Is this setting still possible with the new z370 boards or do I need to sell my intel 750 ssd?

Menthol
12-21-2017, 03:11 PM
Not having a U.2 drive where do you have the Hyper kit installed, on the Dimm.2 module, or on a M.2 adapter card in the bottom most pcie slot

sonicshadows
12-21-2017, 09:34 PM
I have the hyper kit installed in the dimm.2 module which worked fine in the maximus ix apex, I am using the x4 pcie slot for an intel 900p so I cant use that for the 750.

Menthol
12-22-2017, 10:24 AM
Unfortunately without a U.2 drive I cannot help troubleshoot, my 750 is a pcie drive, hopefully someone else can but this setup is not the most common you may be the only person with this configuration

If you cannot get it to work for some reason you could possibly ebay the drive and purchase a M.2 drive

sonicshadows
12-22-2017, 10:51 AM
Thanks for your help, I had hoped u.2 would continue to be supported at least until intel stopped selling products using it.

I kind of dont want to sell it as the next person may also be stuck with a useless drive.

vaiacondios
12-22-2017, 10:47 PM
Thanks for your help, I had hoped u.2 would continue to be supported at least until intel stopped selling products using it.

I kind of dont want to sell it as the next person may also be stuck with a useless drive.

had the same problem on apex and hero 370. Only works in second pciex8 slot (so I can never do sli)
I don't understand why