PDA

View Full Version : HP Laserjet MFP scanner gets disabled by G75VW Power4Gear

doomed
12-21-2017, 04:45 PM
Hey all,

I have an Asus ROG G75VW running Windows 7 Ultimate and I have an issue with my HP Laserjet MFP M127fw (multi function printer). The problem is only with the scanner, printing works well.

The problem:
I noticed the scanner goes down if I change the power profile which is something i actually do everyday according to what i'm working on (light web browsing, heavy photoshop work, gaming). As you know, the laptop has a dedicated physical button to change the power profile, which is quite useful and I do use it.

What i found out:
All 4 Asus power profiles (Power4Gear Battery Saving, Quiet Office, Entertainment and High Performance) disable the HP Scanner. I can see this on Windows Device Manager. They also disable/enable the webcamera and optical drive (ODD) but that part is actually working as intended.

The regular Windows 7 profiles (Balanced, Power saver, High Performance) do not touch the HP Scanner, which is cool. But i rarely use these profiles, because they're NOT on the rotation provided by the physical button.

None of the profiles ever enable the HP Scanner. Not even the Windows ones. Enabling must always be done manually, by me, on Device Manager.

Screenshots:
Here's a screenshot of the Asus software and the Advanced Settings window, open on the right side:
https://imgur.com/a/pEYEP
I checked the Advanced settings, but there's nothing there related to the printer or scanner.

Here's a screenshot of the Asus software along with Device Manager:
https://imgur.com/2bZ8FhW
I checked the scanner properties, but there's nothing there to be changed.

Looking for help!
Any ideas on how to solve this issue? Where would i go to be able to change this behavior ? Somewhere deep down on the operating system settings?
The Asus Power4Gear Hybrid software is very basic and doesnt show the printer at all, it just shows the camera and optical drive (as shown on the first screenshot).

doomed
12-21-2017, 04:54 PM
When the scanner is disabled on Windows Device manager, if i try to run the HP scanner software i get this dialog window:

HP Scan
The HP LJ M127128 Scan was not found.

My solution is opening Device Manager and manually enabling the scanner, under "Imaging devices". Then it works fine.
I would like to avoid going to Device Manager all the time.

xeromist
12-21-2017, 06:05 PM
You could try running the printer through a powered USB hub. It could be that the change in power state is causing the printer to temporarily lose the connection. A powered hub might keep the printer happy long enough for the laptop to change power states.