PDA

View Full Version : ROG Centurion 7.1, Standard High Speed HDMI extension cable...

HeavyHemi
12-22-2017, 09:02 AM
works just fine between the control box and the headset for those of you with use cases where the short cord is problematic.
PSA..as I had not seen it posted.

MasterC@ROG
12-28-2017, 04:03 AM
I can provide feedback to the team regarding the cable. Just curious though, why do you need it to be so long? At the current length, it is possible to place the audio station out of reach and still be connected. Do you want it to reach around the back of your desk?

white_stormy
07-06-2018, 01:59 AM
Cool, was wondering if I was going to be able to do this. I have my pc hooked up to my tv and could use another 9 feet for so.

HeavyHemi
07-09-2018, 06:26 PM
Cool, was wondering if I was going to be able to do this. I have my pc hooked up to my tv and could use another 9 feet for so.

Exactly. There's a lot of folks like us that do that. I have a 50" screen I about 6' away from. I have extension for keyboard, mouse, Pro Flight Stick...and of course the head phones need the same thing. The stock cord is way too short and too stiff. A slimmer more flexible 12' would be perfect and they cost essentially the same. This A more flexible cable would also put less stress on the connector on the box. This lack of though in details always getd me. Why, for a HEADPHONE, would you use a relatively short thick stiff cable?

MasterC@ROG
07-10-2018, 01:17 AM
Should be cheaper to extend the USB cables or place a USB hub closer to your seat to reduce the clutter, and so you can reach the Audio Station. The cable is stiffer than usual since there are many more channels. The length is more than enough for typical use (more than an arm's length), can't reach the Audio Station otherwise.

white_stormy
07-10-2018, 03:18 AM
Should be cheaper to extend the USB cables or place a USB hub closer to your seat to reduce the clutter, and so you can reach the Audio Station. The cable is stiffer than usual since there are many more channels. The length is more than enough for typical use (more than an arm's length), can't reach the Audio Station otherwise.
that's true. personally i like thicker wires on headsets, less chance of damaging them.

HeavyHemi
07-20-2018, 01:21 AM

This is your problem. You don't know how most use your products. Most users don't use the audio station. Basically for most users it serves as a housing for the amplifier. Why would I reach over to use a physical box when 99% of the functionality is on the desktop? That makes no sense.The unit sits several feet away on a small table shelf, that holds the keyboard and mouse when I'm not using them. Most folks do not like extra clutter on their desktop or anywhere else they can avoid it. The paradigm is shifting from someone scrunched up in front of a monitor. I'm 6 feet away from the screen. Your reply to me reads like you didn't even read what I posted.

MasterC@ROG
07-20-2018, 01:59 AM
Sounds like perhaps a wireless headset or home theater sound system would be more suitable for your usage.
The audio station has the noise-cancelling mic embedded which needs to be in your proximity to work properly. Large controls with LED indicators are also important when you don't want to jump out of games to change the settings or take your eyes off the screen (if you have media controls on your keyboard then I guess you're good), and you'll still need to get off your comfy sofa to change the spectrum mode when you switch between gaming, music, and movies.

HeavyHemi
07-24-2018, 02:50 AM
Sounds like perhaps a wireless headset or home theater sound system would be more suitable for your usage.
The audio station has the noise-cancelling mic embedded which needs to be in your proximity to work properly. Large controls with LED indicators are also important when you don't want to jump out of games to change the settings or take your eyes off the screen (if you have media controls on your keyboard then I guess you're good), and you'll still need to get off your comfy sofa to change the spectrum mode when you switch between gaming, music, and movies.

Why are you arguing with a customer who is a victim of your failing customer service? It needs a longer cord on the headset. period. You keep arguing your preference which of course I don't care about. How about you use that time and energy making unproductive comments and annoying your users and get our products fixed. That would be swell.

MasterC@ROG
07-24-2018, 03:08 AM
Please refrain from complaining on the forum about a usage the Centurion was never advertised for, thanks. It is a wired headset with a control box, it was not designed for the living room. I'd suggest to try the ROG Strix Fusion Wireless, I had no issues with the range, you won't have any cable issues there.

Mitchb727
08-25-2019, 10:38 AM
i would also like to know about this i have my base mounted to the table with double sided tape, and would like to add a hdmi extension so if i pull it is doesn't damage the base station female port it has started to stretch the ports surrounding metal already and have contacted asus support and all the want to do is rma it
when its not broken

ive tried two 30cm hdmi adaptor cables but seems the asus headset doesnt pick up all the audio channels used a hdmi v1.3 and v1.4

Mitchb727
08-25-2019, 10:56 AM

see photos this is all i want for longevity of the device
have audio but the quality is not as good as direct into the base all i want is and extension that will not effect performance

HeavyHemi
09-23-2019, 01:41 AM

see photos this is all i want for longevity of the device
have audio but the quality is not as good as direct into the base all i want is and extension that will not effect performance

I'm not sure why you're having an issue. I used a standard Amazon basics High Speed HDMI extension cable. My intent was much the same as yours. Being able to mount the box with a more flexible and longer cable.

Mitchb727
09-28-2019, 04:38 AM
I'm not sure why you're having an issue. I used a standard Amazon basics High Speed HDMI extension cable. My intent was much the same as yours. Being able to mount the box with a more flexible and longer cable.

do you know which one exactly they work but the audio quality is no where near as good

HeavyHemi
09-28-2019, 11:53 AM
do you know which one exactly they work but the audio quality is no where near as good

I have no idea what you mean. Any quality cable should work and I cannot tell an iota of difference with and without the HDMI extension.

Mitchb727
09-29-2019, 08:06 AM
every one ive tried has not given me the same performance as head set straight into the dock

HeavyHemi
09-29-2019, 05:26 PM
every one ive tried has not given me the same performance as head set straight into the dock

The current cable I am using is a Amazon HDMI 2.0 3' extension.
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Speed-HDMI-Cable-1-Pack/dp/B014I8SIJY/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?keywords=Rankin+HDMI+3%27&qid=1569777963&s=electronics&sr=1-1-fkmr2

darlanewe
01-08-2020, 04:35 PM
hi guys
sorry in advance if i'm posting out of the subject
but i'm desperate to find a cable to replace mine

i had an issue with the hdmi cable right on the cup conection where the right surround sound simply died
i had to adjust the clable around to get any signal but in standard wearing position just dies
i took to a shop where they did a very good job considering the complexity of the repair but they had to cut a piece of the cable
wich you already know is kinda short
now 4 months later the left died
same MO but if i took to repair again it becomes unusable regarding the lenght of the cable that will remain

so
is there a spare cable to buy or anything i can do?

Ch3vRoN93
03-27-2020, 05:27 PM
hi guys
sorry in advance if i'm posting out of the subject
but i'm desperate to find a cable to replace mine

i had an issue with the hdmi cable right on the cup conection where the right surround sound simply died
i had to adjust the clable around to get any signal but in standard wearing position just dies
i took to a shop where they did a very good job considering the complexity of the repair but they had to cut a piece of the cable
wich you already know is kinda short
now 4 months later the left died
same MO but if i took to repair again it becomes unusable regarding the lenght of the cable that will remain

so
is there a spare cable to buy or anything i can do?

So hey there,

I just got into the Forum because of this 7.1 Monstrum and having cable issues too.
I bought it used and with a dead left Cup (usually easy to repair) but this Thing brought me to my knees.

It had a Cable breach and plus that a breach on the HDMI Plug. Dunno what happend to this poor Thing, but because of that i ran into some Problems.
I tried to measure the Cables to find out if i could simply replace it with a HDMI cable … guess what: u canīt.
Due to both of the breaches i cannot clearly identify wich cable goes to which HDMI port. Tried to tear the Plug apart but its mold in solid plasic.

So if anyone here has the supplys and the Knowledge AND the will to help us (and all of the owners in future since ASUS wont repair) i would be glad if someone With a working cable could measure it through to tell what cable goes were on the plug. All i can say is: itīs no normal HDMI configuration. Like Port 13, 15 and 19 are blank unused as much as i can tell from the unsoldered Plug.
Iīm really hoping for some help or recomendation to someone who can.

With best hopes and wishes,
Ch3vron

Ch3vRoN93
04-02-2020, 05:03 AM
So after no Reply an a load of testing i got the Routing and can proudly give it to you guys. Since for some reason this Thing does not accept any Images from my pc ill try to write it down :D

The Original Wire is including About 21 internal Wires, which are:

Color Label on PCB Solder on HDMI

Red Isolated C 12
Red Blank CG 10
Green Gold Blank RG 8
Purple Isolated RR 9
Brown Isolated RL 7
Green Blank WG 11
Green Isolated W 14

Gold Wire 1 Cut inside, combines with Ground on the Plug
Pink Isolated 3V 18
Grey Isolated G Mass, soldered to the Plugs shell
Blue Red Blank S Mass, soldered to the Plugs shell
Blue Blank FG 2
Black Isolated FR 3
White Isolated FL 1
Red Gold Blank SG 5
Yellow Isolated SR 6
Orange Isolated SL 4

Black Blank G Mass, soldered to the Plugs shell
Blue Red Isolated MV 17
Gold Isolated MG 16
Gold Wire 2 M+ Mass, soldered to the Plugs shell

Big Ground Wire G Mass, soldered to the Plugs Shell

Due to all the Mass (Ground) Wires soldered to the Shell you cannot just cut off one side of a HDMI cable and solder it while using the existing plug. I ordered a new (hopefully) Quality Cable from Amazon plus a self-solder HDMI Plug arriving today. Im gonna cut off both Plugs and hopefully the wires inside are flexible and isolated enough so i can solder them into the Headset without needing shrinks.
Gonna update if it worked.