PDA

View Full Version : is my card going bad?

mrnotu
01-20-2012, 09:53 PM
I have been having some issues with my display. I logged in to BF3 and I am getting a flashing screen. The flashes work from the top down in lines. Now on UniHeaven when I start the program my screen will be flashing also but if I hit 'control + esc' the flashing will stop and I have a very nice picture. Is this one of my cards going down or something else? Now I have tried each card one at a time and they each seem to work well if it is just one card. Could it be my jumper or ...?

xeromist
01-20-2012, 11:19 PM
So if you run BF3 on only one of the cards there is no flashing?

mrnotu
01-21-2012, 12:30 AM
So if you run BF3 on only one of the cards there is no flashing?

Well actually I have not tried that. But I am going to right now.

mrnotu
01-22-2012, 10:00 PM
I have had time to try to sort this out but have not. Both cards work properly individually in either slot. Both score the same in a bench mark test. Both work with the HDMI cable. When I put both cards in sli I cannot even get them reconized as Nvidia cards. The control panel does not work. Only the top card displays video. I have the lastest drivers. I am running Bios 1102. I canot get both cards to work together. One card works just fine. Two does not. Why?

mrnotu
01-28-2012, 02:04 PM
I am still working on this if anyone can help. I posted it while the forums were going through problems so it might have got lost.

HiVizMan
01-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Is it possible to do a clean driver install

I suggest logging into OS in safe mode F8 during the boot process then select safe mode.

Uninstall and try and remove all orphan registry entries.

If both cards work individually then that is one part of the query sorted. Have you run one card in each of the two slots. I seem to recall you did that?

mrnotu
01-28-2012, 04:50 PM
In safe mode, clean install of drivers. Would I do this with both cards installed in sli or just the one? or does it matter? and thanks

MORE

OK that worked. Now I have got both cards in sli. Thanks.

MORE

This morning I booted up to find that my flash player is not working. I did not change anything and it worked when I logged off. I downloaded and reinstalled flash from Adobe.com, restarted my system, and after the reinstall of my Nvidia drivers in safe mode, it still does not work. This board or system seems to be high maintenance. When it works it works well but I am always having difficulties getting it to stay working properly. It would be different if it was something related to 'things I am doing to my computer' but I do not think it is. It is just that I think I am spending too much of my time on things such as this. And thanks for everyones help.
Now I think I will try to reinstall flash in safe mode.

NemesisChild
01-30-2012, 10:44 PM
You don't install Nvidia (or any) drivers in Safe Mode, period.

Follow this guide on how to properly uninstall and install Nvidia drivers:

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1174372

mrnotu
03-30-2012, 09:07 PM
You don't install Nvidia (or any) drivers in Safe Mode, period.

Follow this guide on how to properly uninstall and install Nvidia drivers:

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1174372

It worked. Tanks