PDA

View Full Version : What to install on new Hero X clean instalaltion

will_s
01-06-2018, 02:36 AM
Finally decided on the Hero X and have ordered that and memory and M.2 drive

Ok, have downloaded the Chipset, Audio , Bios , Lan and Sata from https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/ . Quetsion is when you expand say the Chipset it shows Version 10.1.1.45 2017/12/265.52 MBytes Intel_Chipset_10.1.1.45 Intel Chipset V10.1.1.45 so does that need to be installed ?. The others in the show all are just older versions.

And in Sata there is also Version 15.8.1.1007 2017/09/2727.14 MBytes Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver software...Improve system stability. now showing

So what do we need actually to install ? And I dont have a DVD player so the CD is only good to use as a coaster * see note below

*footnote " I herebye swear on the Australian flag that I will never buy a Motherboard again that doesnt have an USB stick for driver installation What would be good is if they made just the one download so you could save it to a disk and it would work like the DVD does. Just plug it in and click herox.exe and away you go. Then as upgrades come out just update this downloadable file. Of course keep files as they are now but just add this. And if they inclused the USB stick it could have a little file on it to click and update to latest . Honestly, no excuse Asus.

Do Asus have a stock of Blank DVD's they want to get rid off ? To be fair its all manufacturers but honestly it sucks big time

Menthol
01-06-2018, 03:28 AM
Will_s,
If installing Widows 10 it will have all the drivers needed for your system to function and allow internet access so you can download drivers without issue.
The only "needed drivers" are Intel Chiset and MEI, after that it is up to you if you want to install the sound, NIC drivers etc. from ASUS, I do suggest updating the bios right away as there have been some Intel related security flaws addressed in the new bios and ME firmware.

Who doesn't need an extra coaster for their Fosters :)

will_s
01-06-2018, 05:56 AM
Fosters.do they still sell that in europe ?

yes..after much will I or wont I get this one or that one finally went with hero . Have the 1006 BIOS here ready on an USB and will have the other drivers on another USB.

What Chipset drivers are required ? I assume that these are the 2 you are talking about

Version 11.7.0.1045
2017/12/2679.47 MBytes
Intel ME V11.7.0.1045

DOWNLOAD
Version 10.1.1.45
2017/12/265.52 MBytes
Intel_Chipset_10.1.1.45
Intel Chipset V10.1.1.45