PDA

View Full Version : Interested in getting the asus zephyrus, but have some questions first

Stormtrooper778
01-07-2018, 04:21 AM
I'm interested in this laptop for lots of programming and gaming, but could some of you help me with a few questions first

Could i upgrade the hard drive without voiding my warranty? 512gb is super low and i would like to stick a 2tb in there

will it be able to output to a 27inch 1440p or 3440x1440 ultrawide?

is the keyboard good for lots of long typing?

cheers

Jeslijar
01-07-2018, 11:38 PM
I'm interested in this laptop for lots of programming and gaming, but could some of you help me with a few questions first

Could i upgrade the hard drive without voiding my warranty? 512gb is super low and i would like to stick a 2tb in there

will it be able to output to a 27inch 1440p or 3440x1440 ultrawide?

is the keyboard good for lots of long typing?

cheers

No idea about the warranty. I think you could open it without destroying any warranty seals- didn't try myself. You may be able to find a reseller willing to throw one in for you which would honor the warranty.

3440x1440 works. I have a 34UM94 and it worked fine @ 60hz. Couldn't use a USB-C to minidisplayport adapter because the monitor is thunderbolt 2 and simply would not work short of buying an active adapter so I used HDMI. But that's just how USB-C to Thunderbolt 2 displays work.

Keep in mind that the system must have the display opened if you wish to use an external monitor because of the cooling design (monitor hinges control the bottom panel and thus the flow of air.)

Typing wise I thought the keyboard was fine so long as I had a desk and enough room. The display will sit about 5 inches further back than any other 15" display due to the forward design. Digital numpad is useless for serious typing.