PDA

View Full Version : Asus G53SX will not boot up after bios update 209

Mirumoto
01-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Hello everyone,

I just flash the bios on my Asus G53SX to version 209 and now it will not boot anymore, no sound, no light nothing... Great...

I downloaded the bios from Asus website from the Asus G53SX section as you can see on this screenshot

Do you know how if there is a way I could solve the issue?

Thanks!

PILGRIM
01-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Chances are, you might have "bricked" it..
Did you use the safer way of using Easy Flash with the FAT 32, USB format?

Sad to say, but RMA might be the only option..

Mirumoto
01-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Yes it is bricked now but does anyone knows if there is a possibility of returning the bios to previous version?

Phoenix bios rescue or anything?

I can even disassembly if there is a hope to clean it.

Thanks!

BrodyBoy
01-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Yes it is bricked now but does anyone knows if there is a possibility of returning the bios to previous version?

Phoenix bios rescue or anything?

I can even disassembly if there is a hope to clean it.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, there is no user option for repairing a corrupted BIOS. These BIOSes don't have a built-in backup, so there's no way to restore it, and without a means to access the update utility, there's no way to re-flash it.

As PILGRIM said, you will need to RMA it. The good news is that Asus is very speedy with this repair. I've seen owners get their computers back in less than a week. Best of luck.

Mirumoto
01-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Too bad then :(

Thanks for your reply, I will call them on monday for RMA.

I still don't understand why a BIOS downloaded from the right section of Asus Website bricked my laptop though...

eRicK89
01-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Can you explain a bit on how you upgrade the bios? Coz my friend want me to upgrade his, but I'm scared it will ended up like yours.

fuzon1337
01-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi

Can you explain a bit on how you upgrade the bios? Coz my friend want me to upgrade his, but I'm scared it will ended up like yours.

You can read this BIOS update guide tutorial ( http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/174395-bios-update-guide-asus-notebooks.html)
Or you can follow these steps from JRd1st:

The Safer Method to Flash a System BIOS

1. Format a USB drive to FAT32 format.
2. Download the new BIOS and unzip it to the USB drive.
3. Remove USB drive after you're certain the file transfer is complete.
4. Restart your notebook and while the ASUS logo is on the screen press F2 or del a few times to enter the BIOS setup.
5. Find the Easy Flash Utility and insert the USB drive. Tell Easy flash where your BIOS file is then follow directions explicitely!!!
6. When your notebook restarts, enter the BIOS Setup utility again and select "Load Optimized Defaults" (I think it's f9 )
7. Save and Exit, then continue into Windows.

Hope this helps :)

eRicK89
01-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks a lot mate.
Actually I'm thinking to get G53SX series too like my friend's it looks cool :D

fuzon1337
01-25-2012, 12:29 PM
@eRicK89

That's good :D

I love my G73SW :)
So if you want a notebook with the power you need, without useing a lot of money, this is a good choice :)

AQUASTEVAE
01-25-2012, 07:01 PM
this is why everyone needs to understand two things.

first, you don't use anything off of asus's website, as they do not keep it up with the newest drivers or programs.
you should only download drivers and programs from the manufac.'s site. jr has a thread on this board with everything you need.

second, when you flash a bios, you should research it first, to make absolutely sure you are doing it correctly. then you only do it from the cmos/setup area. NEVER FLASH THE BIOS FROM WITH IN THE WINDOWS ENVIRONMENT. that is the easiest way to brick it.

good luck with your rma. hopefully they will be as fast as was mentioned by brody.