PDA

View Full Version : G74SX Virtual Surround over headphones... help!!!

action!man
01-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Hi guys,
I recently bought this really good laptop but i have a problem. I want to play my games with surround virtualization over headphones but with THX TruStudio installed it isn't avayable... if i DISINSTAL THX TruStudio the option for surround virtualization appears in the Realtek program and ir looks like working (even if not at the same level as CMSS3D on my home PC with X-Fi sound card).

Is THX TruStudio of any use? it really enables EAX effectes for NEW games (i don't mind old win xp games)?? how the hell it works? it's really not well explained!

I heard that the PRO version of THX TruStudio allow 3D sound virtualizing but i tried to download it from google but on the G74SX the option is not clickable...

PLS HELP ME!!! i love this notebook but i can't play without CMSS3D or something similar! i'll need to buy an external sound card??

Thx for the help!

BrodyBoy
01-21-2012, 08:42 PM
THX TruStudio (at least the free version that ships on the G74) doesn't have a virtual surround mode. If you have the option in the Realtek Audio Manager, why not just use that? If you like the THX enhancements for the internal speakers, you could always just selectivly turn it off when you need to use the virtual surround option for your headphones.

The Realtek Audio Manager is the default audio enhancement & equalization program. When you install/engage THX Trustudio, SRS Essentials, or another similar enhancement program, Realtek Audio Manager is disabled and that program becomes your audio processor.

action!man
01-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Oh understood...

So if i turn off THX TruStudio the virtual surround button will appear in the realter menu??

Another question, is there a way to pay for a THX TruStudio version that supports virtual surround?

Thx for your help!

BrodyBoy
01-22-2012, 10:24 AM
If you turn off THX TruStudio, the Realtek AM becomes the default equalizer again. I don't recall if this requires a reboot or not.

I've heard that there is such a paid version, but I've never seen it. Just as SRS Essentials comes in the limited free version and a $20 full-version upgrade, I've read that Creative has similar offerings. But I can't confirm that they do, since I've never found the paid version myself.