PDA

View Full Version : G74SX keyboard problem

ssmokeyy
01-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Hey guys i got my wife one of these laptops and have problems with the keyboard and i was wondering whats the fastest way to get it fixed she needs it for school and work. The keys on the keyboard or not working and coming off in use. Only had this laptop for 2 months.

BrodyBoy
01-21-2012, 08:24 PM
The keys literally come off? I haven't seen that one before. Had you previously removed those keys to try and fix a missed keystroke issue?

dstrakele
01-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Where do you live? Unfortunately, you're beyond the point of being able to exchange or return the system to the retailer. I would check for the closest ASUS Repair Center, give them a call and see if it is possible to fix it as an RMA walk-in. That way it's covered under warranty.

Otherwise, you could farm the job out to a local quailified shop, set it up so they call you when they get the new keyboard, and then drop off the laptop for repair.

If you've had experience and feel comfortable working on laptops, you could order the new keyboard and do the job yourself.

ssmokeyy
01-21-2012, 08:35 PM
newegg.com says they will replace it but there out of stock. and no we have never tried to do anything to this keyboard it just comes off and you have to find it and put it back on. Where can i find out about the asus repair place?

BrodyBoy
01-21-2012, 08:46 PM
newegg.com says they will replace it but there out of stock. and no we have never tried to do anything to this keyboard it just comes off and you have to find it and put it back on. Where can i find out about the asus repair place?
The Asus website has information about your warranty and locating authorized repair centers.