PDA

View Full Version : g752 windows booting problem

bulatokrol
01-27-2018, 03:35 PM
i bought new ssd disk, removed old one with working windows 10 and installed windows 10 more or less like in guide on new one. After everything i tried to run windows on old disk but failed, everytime i got blue screen with message "sorry something went wrong please try again". I tried to fix bootloader but it got only worse now everytime troubleshoting show instead of that message i mentioned. Does anyone have any advices to run both windows for me? i tried to fix it according to this http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln300987/how-to-repair-the-efi-bootloader-on-a-gpt-hdd-for-windows-7-8-81-and-10-on-your-dell-pc?lang=en but maybe i messed up something on last step? "bcdboot c:\Windows /l en-us /s <boot letter>: All" if boot letter is d should i still use c:\windows?

Clintlgm
01-27-2018, 10:43 PM
What is your BIOS set for RAID or AHCI, if stock it would be RAID therefor to clean install windows 10 on a new SSD you will need to install the IRST driver for your new SSD to be seen?

Your best bet is to put your old SSD back in, Install Macrium Reflect Free create a USB recovery media, test it to ensure it boots.
Now them Put your new SSD in the 2nd slot and startup, spamming the ESC key that will bring up a boot menu, select the UEFI USB drive.
Macrium Reflect will boot up and then you clone the old SSD to the new one. there are many Videos on YouTube if you need help (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWM79HCzdDA) one tip expand your C partition to the maximum on the new drive when you're setting up the clone operation it will save you from doing it later.
once complete shutdown, do not restart shut down and remove your Old SSD move your New SSD to the Slot 1 slot close up and you will boot up and be running just as you were only with a brand new larger faster SSD.

Weirdoutworld
01-29-2018, 12:10 AM
What is your BIOS set for RAID or AHCI, if stock it would be RAID therefor to clean install windows 10 on a new SSD you will need to install the IRST driver for your new SSD to be seen?

Your best bet is to put your old SSD back in, Install Macrium Reflect Free create a USB recovery media, test it to ensure it boots.
Now them Put your new SSD in the 2nd slot and startup, spamming the ESC key that will bring up a boot menu, select the UEFI USB drive.
Macrium Reflect will boot up and then you clone the old SSD to the new one. there are many Videos on YouTube if you need help (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWM79HCzdDA) one tip expand your C partition to the maximum on the new drive when you're setting up the clone operation it will save you from doing it later.
once complete shutdown, do not restart shut down and remove your Old SSD move your New SSD to the Slot 1 slot close up and you will boot up and be running just as you were only with a brand new larger faster SSD.

Good to know!
A lot of my worries have been alleviated knowing that people like you are here to help us make our mobile gaming fantasy a reality.

bulatokrol
02-04-2018, 08:45 AM
@Clintlgm thx for answer but i would like them to work independent and together with switching in bios, is there any way to fix it?

Clintlgm
02-04-2018, 08:58 PM
@Clintlgm thx for answer but i would like them to work independent and together with switching in bios, is there any way to fix it?

i have no Idea what you are talking about independent from each other in the BIOS, Your BIOS/UEFI will be set to either RAID or AHCI the M.2 slots are on the same PCIE bus
You can run each M.2 SSD as its own volume on either RAID or AHCI IRST or NVME Driver
You can only run the two M.2 SSD in a RAID Array with the setting to RAID IRST driver
They are both on the PCIe 4x Bus and you can select which driver you would like to use.
Your one 2.5 slot is SATA only and runs off the SATA Driver

Notebooks are not like desktops where you can have several storage controllers working together or separately