PDA

View Full Version : G751-JY BSOD with 'critical_process_died' (thanks Intel)

Luke Fitzpatrick
02-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Hey folks,

Big props and thanks to Clintlgm last week for helping identify my driver issue.

It's looking like it was part of a wider problem that was starting - It looks like my laptop has taken issue with the windows updates to fix Spectre from Intel. The G751 runs for about 30s then BSODs with an 'critical_process_died' error and restarts.

- tried uninstalling the botched patch 'KB4056892' - no joy.
- tried installing the MS hot fix to disable Intels mess (patch 'KB4078130') - still no joy.
- ran sfc /scannow' from admin CMD which 'didn't find any integrity violations'

Laptops a safe mode paperweight currently, any recommendations or advice before I turn it off and back on again by re-installing windows and block updates? :rolleyes:
Cheers

Jon G
02-06-2018, 11:23 PM
Hey folks,

Big props and thanks to Clintlgm last week for helping identify my driver issue.

It's looking like it was part of a wider problem that was starting - It looks like my laptop has taken issue with the windows updates to fix Spectre from Intel. The G751 runs for about 30s then BSODs with an 'critical_process_died' error and restarts.

- tried installing the MS hot fix to disable Intels mess (patch 'KB4078130') - still no joy.

Laptops a safe mode paperweight currently, any recommendations or advice before I turn it off and back on again by re-installing windows and block updates? :rolleyes:
Cheers

Hi Luke,
Bummer on your G751JY BSOD's. Reinstalling Windows seems like the best way to fix your issues to me. Post again once you've resolved this & good luck!

Luke Fitzpatrick
02-08-2018, 07:16 PM
Hey Jon,
Yeah the way forward in the end was a fresh install. System was a bit wobbly at the start but after getting updates, patches and recommended wares back in the box it seems to be working again. Haven't had a BSOD in 48h! It has been a kick up the jacksie though to get shopping. Not sure it'll handle another render heavy work project before replacement over the Summer, she's been a trooper.
Cheers mate.

Clintlgm
02-08-2018, 08:16 PM
Hey folks,

Cheers

Yes, I was having some issue with one of my desktops. In the end how I fixed it all was to Restore a Image from the 11th of January and then manually installing KB4058258 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4058258/windows-10-update-kb4058258) that way I avoided the 6892 and 8130 altogether. Solved my issues might help with your issue also.