PDA

View Full Version : ASUS AP Manager (32 bit) control panel aplet

BullSpit
01-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Just got a G74SX and am looking at the control panel and there is an aplet named "ASUS AP Manager (32 bit)"... I double click it and the "C:\ProgramData\ASUS\AsusApManager" opens, in that folder is a broken shortcut named "Rotation Desktop Setting". I click it and Windows offers to let me locate the executable, then offers to delete the shortcut.

Why is this broken aplet in the control panel?

I have looked for it so I can delete it, but am unable to locate the exact aplet. Does anyone know the name of this aplet so it can be removed?

Thanks!

dstrakele
01-22-2012, 10:53 PM
"Rotation Desktop" is the name of the applet. I suspect you've already uninstalled it, so the path to the Rotation Desktop Setting executable (in the Properties of the broken shortcut), no longer exists on your system.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/how-to-remove-a-third-party-control-panel-applet/401c84dd-733c-4ed2-9c1c-1db228c4b889 discusses how to remove 3rd Party applets from Control Panel.

BullSpit
01-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Actually, there was an executable named "Rotation Desktop for G Series". I made a copy of it and renamed it to "Rotation Desktop".

I had not uninstalled it.

Thanks for the link, some good info there.