PDA

View Full Version : Asus G74 FPS issues

Zydot
01-22-2012, 05:38 PM
I recently bought ASUS G74SX-A1, i really like it, but I'm having strange FPS in games. In Star wars: The old republic, the FPS vary from 23-100, which was really odd. Star wars seems to have issues related to their game
engine. Next I tried Witcher 2, I played around with the settings and I'm getting 13-25 FPS in low,med,high presets??

I did a Clean install of Win7, updated the drivers, updated BIOS, used black vipers guide (really amazing guide to go through). Used the DPC latency and others apps in the drivers and how-to's which is really great.

I tried the throttle stop, in case of CPU throttling. I tried to do the clean install option for nvidia drivers in safe mode (using 290.53 driver). I running out of things to do, LOL. I wonder why, I'm not getting the performance which i expected from this laptop or that other people seems to get.

G74SX-A1
Intel core i7 2630qm
12 gigs ram
GTX 560m 3 gigs 192-bit

Holy
01-22-2012, 10:18 PM
just a random idea? try overclocking the gpu a lil? i've seen people oc to a stable 900 core. not so sure about memory.

dstrakele
01-22-2012, 11:16 PM
It sounds like you're at the point where posting in the SWTOR and Witcher 2 forums to get specific configuration, update, and other performance info may be more productive. Be aware that the latest NVIDIA beta drivers, while optimizing performance in Skyrim and BF3, may degrade performance in other games.

Swampthing
01-23-2012, 10:13 AM
I run Star Wars:TOR on max settings on my G74SX with no real slowdown.

Be sure you don't confuse network issues, like too many people in certain areas which can cause slowdown, with your computer's capabilities. That's a Bioware issue.

dstrakele
01-23-2012, 03:08 PM
+1 Very Good Point, @Swampthing! I tried to add to your reputation, but that function currently appears to be broke on the forum at this time.

What version video driver are you currently running?