ROG Enthusiast Array idahosurge PC Specs
    idahosurge PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processor7820X @ 46 GHz / 3200 MHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (2 Kits 32 GB)
    Graphics Card #1Zotac Amp Extreme GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorAlienware AW3418DW 34" GSync
    Storage #1OS - Samsung 850 Pro 513 GB
    Storage #2Backup - Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerThermalright Archon IB-E x2
    CaseCooler Master HAF X
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Logitech G703 Lightspeed
    OS Windows 10 Pro - 1709

AI3 CPU Temp - Package or Core?

Is the CPU temperature shown in AI3 the package temperature or the highest core temperature?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos AI3 CPU Temp_021318.jpg  

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

It is the cpu temp reported by the mobo and it is absolutely innacurate (on my x99).

Hwinfo for instance give me 46 for cpu package and 48 for cpu core max and the temp i see in ai suite is 37 which correspond to cpu in the motherboard branch of hwinfo (i also see in the same branch a cpu (peci) entry which gives the correct value (46).

So ai suite read the cpu temp (probably reported by a sensor under the cpu) instead of reading the cpu (peci).

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by namoi View Post
    It is the cpu temp reported by the mobo and it is absolutely innacurate (on my x99).

Hwinfo for instance give me 46 for cpu package and 48 for cpu core max and the temp i see in ai suite is 37 which correspond to cpu in the motherboard branch of hwinfo (i also see in the same branch a cpu (peci) entry which gives the correct value (46).

So ai suite read the cpu temp (probably reported by a sensor under the cpu) instead of reading the cpu (peci).
    AI suite reports some sort of avg of 3 diff sensors for cpu temps. Most programs only report the core die temps which is why you see a difference. I remember seeing an asus guy say as much himself on youtube review of ai suite 3. I can't tell you if that's good or bad but I don't trust it either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTZC34v03Ak Just watched it again. And he's saying something about a Tcast temp? wtf is that? lmao. and they offset it with the socket temp. I thought there was a 3rd number. Because I don't know how they are calculating this "offset" between the socket and core temps or what a t-cast temp even is.... When he says DTS I assume he means the core die temp. its definitely not an avg of the different temps you see on the screen.

you know what I also find weird about watching that vid. I always though socket temps were hotter then core temps? But in that vid the motherboard socket temp is way lower? I guess it depends on the board sensors. Asus would know their boards, we hope...

I myself use a program called argus monitor to monitor temps and hardware because I love the overtime graph. It shows me core temps. and a bunc of temps i have no idea what they are. PECIO, CPUTIN, CPU Socket, and Virtual_Temp

I just checked and in argus monitor the CPU socket is indeed lower then the cpu core temp. I guess times have changed.
    Last edited by richac; 02-13-2018 at 07:45 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array DSD27 PC Specs
    DSD27 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VI Hero
    Processori5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz 1.28v
    Memory (part number)F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL
    Graphics Card #1Asus Expedition GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    MonitorAOC Q3279VWF
    Storage #1Kingston SSDnow 300v 120G
    Storage #2Western Digital Blue 1TB
    CPU CoolerThermalright True Spirit 140 BW
    CaseZalman Z11 Plus
    Power SupplyXFX Pro 750W Core Edition
    Keyboard Cooler Master CMSorm Devastator
    Mouse Razer Abyssus
    Headset ROG Orion
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries qck+
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

It's neither package or core. AI Suite uses a different sensor located at a differente place from the sensors other softwares use, and CPU temp is sually 10ºC-20ºC lower. So when you set fan curves in Fan Xpert be sure to have that in mind, I had to put mine to go full speed at 52ºC because, 52ºC on AI Suite is usually 65ºC-70ºC in reality.
    Last edited by DSD27; 02-14-2018 at 03:57 AM.

i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz, Maximus VI Hero, Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW, G.Skill RipjawsX 2x4GB 1866mhz CL9, ASUS Expedition GTX 1070 OC 8GB, XFX Pro 750W Core Edition, Kingston SSDnow 300v 120GB, Western Digital Blue 1TB, Zalman Z11 Plus, ROG Orion, AOC Q3279VWF

ROG Enthusiast Array idahosurge PC Specs
    idahosurge PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processor7820X @ 46 GHz / 3200 MHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (2 Kits 32 GB)
    Graphics Card #1Zotac Amp Extreme GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorAlienware AW3418DW 34" GSync
    Storage #1OS - Samsung 850 Pro 513 GB
    Storage #2Backup - Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerThermalright Archon IB-E x2
    CaseCooler Master HAF X
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Logitech G703 Lightspeed
    OS Windows 10 Pro - 1709

Quote Originally Posted by DSD27 View Post
    It's neither package or core. AI Suite uses a different sensor located at a differente place from the sensors other softwares use, and CPU temp is sually 10ºC-20ºC lower. So when you set fan curves in Fan Xpert be sure to have that in mind, I had to put mine to go full speed at 52ºC because, 52ºC on AI Suite is usually 65ºC-70ºC in reality.
    Thanks!

It looks like I will be adjusting my fan curves.

Right now I have them set to 100% @ 70C. I will probably lower that to 60C.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by DSD27 View Post
    And i still dont get why we doesnt have the option to have a "more accurate sensor" CPU package / a Core....
    since meltdown & Ai suite3 update nothing work well anymore ( and i use the same fan curve as always ) prior to that doomday, never had any issue to have a efficient fan manage so cooling., but now.. oh god. gained easyly 7-8 more °c.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by wootwoots View Post
    And i still dont get why we doesnt have the option to have a "more accurate sensor" CPU package / a Core....
    since meltdown & Ai suite3 update nothing work well anymore ( and i use the same fan curve as always ) prior to that doomday, never had any issue to have a efficient fan manage so cooling., but now.. oh god. gained easyly 7-8 more °c.
    I agree.
    One should have the option to choose which cpu temp is used in fan xpert.

ROG Enthusiast Array Filters PC Specs
    Filters PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog X470-F
    ProcessorRyzen 5 3600X
    Memory (part number)TridentZ F4-3200C14-8GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Msi Gtx 1070 Gaming 8g
    Storage #1Samsung Evo850
    Storage #2Crucial MX300 M.2
    CPU CoolerCustom Water loop EK
    CaseFractal Design R5
    Power SupplyEvga 650 P2
    OS Win10Pro

+ and pls add gpu temp aswell so we can set a decent fan curve finally. I went retard figuring out this wrong temp reported. Im in a custom water loop and was having reading over 60c on load even whit max fan and pump speed