cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STrix z370 F temp sensor readout completely WHACK

TheInfidel
Level 7
I dont understand some of the total whack values being readout of the motherboard temp sensors

see value on sensor #5 is completely insane also jumps back to 0 or even negative values a lot
sensor #7 is also impossible thats 10 degrees below ambient temperature

in the bios also the rear case fan is not readout basically all fans are 0 , the cpu fan shows 900rpm (which is the corsair hydro i suppose).

screen was made during some artifical system load by running Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool.

I dont have AI SUITE 3 installed because its a broken piece of garbage.

System is on Windows 10 64bit Enterprise all updates installed
BIOS is the one provided via inBIOS update over Internet (not the last bios on the website but the one that u also get from EZupdate)

See the screenshot:
8 REPLIES 8

Carbonicdk
Level 8
Is it the same in HWiNFO? That's what I use and shows my temperatures just fine.
Just to rule out weird Corsair software behavior.

14 C on sensors cant be true

BIOS displaying no fan speed on rear fan i dont get it ..this system was built by pros. The cable management is superb , its inside a Fractal Design S i really dont think they connected anything wrong, and the fan controls seem to work )

Interesting. Corsair just rolled out an update as we speak via auto update feature

Now its looks more reasonable but theres one sensor displaying 0 degrees and im asking myself basically the same question? Can this be trusted . lol
It is noteworthy that its not the same sensor(s) HWINFO is displaying at 14 C . So maybe sensors are not existing at all or totally borked or both softwares are unable to function correctly with it ? Seems a lot like a BIOS issue to me.

Carbonicdk
Level 8
Ah right, I see I have the same two sensors at 14 degrees that I missed the first time around:
Tried finding some information about it and apparently it's quite common. It's apparently just the chip that measures temperatures that have 2 unused spots for sensors which then gives a fake reading.

So, nothing to worry about on that front.
Ps. Nice to see people agreeing with me on AI SUITE 3 being more trouble than it's worth ^^

12000 max rpm reported on your fan? HOLY MOLY ^^

TheInfidel wrote:
12000 max rpm reported on your fan? HOLY MOLY ^^

I have a NZXT Kraken X62 connected, it is connected to the CPU fan connector but it's just so the motherboard see's there's a fan connected. The value as such is irrelevant and the correct value is reported further down in the application.

Temp.#7 is showing 127"C on full CPU load,but in idle 0"C,maybe there is no sensor connected at number 7 and it's software fault?-I bought this PC few weeks ago and din't really test it much.Maybe I should talk to support really.
Also temp: at number 8 seem to be always 50"C ...sometimes it was 49"C.( load or idle). :rolleyes:

vadvas wrote:
Temp.#7 is showing 127"C on full CPU load,but in idle 0"C,maybe there is no sensor connected at number 7 and it's software fault?-I bought this PC few weeks ago and din't really test it much.Maybe I should talk to support really.
Also temp: at number 8 seem to be always 50"C ...sometimes it was 49"C.( load or idle). :rolleyes:

Hey Vadvas,

take a look HERE

You might be affected by the same issue.