Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerKraken X62
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 80+ GOLD 850W
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    OS Windows 10 x64 bit

Strix Fusion 500

I have been shopping around for a new headset for a few months now and was excited at the announcement of the Fusion 500's only to be let down by the bronze ear cups. It is just not my style unfortunately, which is even more of a shame as every early review I have found has spoken quite highly about the sound quality. Today I stumbled upon this headset for sale at overclockers.co.uk and was curious, because the product images they used seem to have an all glossy black ear cup.

Are these true representations of this headset? Will they eventually be released in all black instead of the bronze look? If so, then I will happily scoop up a pair when they finally go for sale in the US. I have a feeling though it is simply an old promo image they used. In which case I will probably just settle for some Fusion 300's until the (*prays* hopefully wireless / all black, same aesthetic / aura sync capable) Fusion 700's are announced and released.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

I'd suggest to check out the headsets in person. Fusion 500 and 700 look almost identical, the ear cups aren't really glossy bronze per se. From many angles, they appear to be closer to glossy black/grey.

ROG Member Array Khyzer PC Specs
    Khyzer PC Specs
    MotherboardMAXIMUS IX HERO
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-7700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill DDR4 16GB
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix GTX 1080 TI O11
    MonitorPG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 850 EVO
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerKraken X62
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 80+ GOLD 850W
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    OS Windows 10 x64 bit

Wish that were a possibility but there are no retail stores within 150 miles of me that sell pc components or peripherals, beyond the Razer stuff at Target/Best Buy. Internet shopping is all that is available for me. Shame to hear the 700's will share the same bronze aesthetics, will a certain amount of grovelling and begging sway you guys to make replaceable ear cups or alternate color options lol . Suppose I could try my hand at flat black vinyl wrap for these.

ROG Junior Member Array

I just bought the Rog Strix Fusion 500, is it better to always leave connected to the PC or to connect them only when I use them?

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lentis View Post
    I just bought the Rog Strix Fusion 500, is it better to always leave connected to the PC or to connect them only when I use them?
    Since there's no battery to charge or discharge, you don't need to be overly concerned about it. If you have Aura Sync enabled, then it's probably less of a hassle when left connected.