cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Fusion 500

Khyzer
Level 7
I have been shopping around for a new headset for a few months now and was excited at the announcement of the Fusion 500's only to be let down by the bronze ear cups. It is just not my style unfortunately, which is even more of a shame as every early review I have found has spoken quite highly about the sound quality. Today I stumbled upon this headset for sale at overclockers.co.uk and was curious, because the product images they used seem to have an all glossy black ear cup.

Are these true representations of this headset? Will they eventually be released in all black instead of the bronze look? If so, then I will happily scoop up a pair when they finally go for sale in the US. I have a feeling though it is simply an old promo image they used. In which case I will probably just settle for some Fusion 300's until the (*prays* hopefully wireless / all black, same aesthetic / aura sync capable) Fusion 700's are announced and released.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated 🙂
Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
I'd suggest to check out the headsets in person. Fusion 500 and 700 look almost identical, the ear cups aren't really glossy bronze per se. From many angles, they appear to be closer to glossy black/grey.

Wish that were a possibility but there are no retail stores within 150 miles of me that sell pc components or peripherals, beyond the Razer stuff at Target/Best Buy. Internet shopping is all that is available for me. Shame to hear the 700's will share the same bronze aesthetics, will a certain amount of grovelling and begging sway you guys to make replaceable ear cups or alternate color options lol :p. Suppose I could try my hand at flat black vinyl wrap for these.

Lentis
Level 7
I just bought the Rog Strix Fusion 500, is it better to always leave connected to the PC or to connect them only when I use them?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Lentis wrote:
I just bought the Rog Strix Fusion 500, is it better to always leave connected to the PC or to connect them only when I use them?

Since there's no battery to charge or discharge, you don't need to be overly concerned about it. If you have Aura Sync enabled, then it's probably less of a hassle when left connected.