cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU-Z 1.83 won't show memory info

rich345
Level 7
CPU-Z 1.83 and earlier versions won't show memory timing information on "Memory" tab. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Asus Rampage VI Extreme
Core-i9 7980XE
G.Skill Trident Z RGB - 64 GB - (8GB X 😎 - F4-3200C14Q2-64GTZR
6 REPLIES 6

Lubna
Level 9
It works for me. I would download the portable version of cpu-z

Place the memories in this order

BTW you might like this app better than CPUz:
https://www.hwinfo.com/

G75rog
Level 10
ROG CPUz 1.79 works fine here.

I'm starting to wonder if I have a defective Asus Rampage VI Extreme motherboard or if possibly the motherboard needs to be completely reset by clearing the RTC data. I've tried unplugging power supply and clearing CMOS with the "Clear CMOS Button". I've tried downgrading BIOS to version 1004 with same results. Several sensors in HWInfo such as the CPU Wattage and the memory timing info in CPU-Z are not showing correct info. Also, in AIDA64 Extreme 5.95, the program will crash every time after 3 seconds when I run a memory stress test. Windows does not crash, only the AIDA64 Extreme program. Memory tests fine when using MemTest86.

Does anyone have any ideas of what is causing this to happen? Also, is there a way to clear the "Real Time Clock" without removing the battery on this motherboard? Battery seems to be hidden under the plastic armor which looks like I would have to remove motherboard out of case to get to it.

I just updated two older computers to 1.83 from 1.81. It doesn't show RAM information on either PC now, but did on 1.81. One computer is running Windows 7, the other is still on XP. I bet its an update bug.

I did a test install of an earlier version of Windows 10 (version 1703). That fixed the problem with CPU-Z 1.83. All memory timing info came back.