cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 32GB question

asmodyus
Level 10
Anybody use this memory ? CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3466 (PC4-27700) C16 - Intel 100/200 Series Desktop Memory
9 REPLIES 9

asmodyus
Level 10
Wow 94 views and not single response way to go community, (Already bought them seems to be working great so far).

Raja
Level 13
Probably not a hugely popular kit among the regulars. Way to answer your own question, though!

I`m using G.Skill Ripjaw-V 3200/15 - 2 x 16gb stick and all is good on my Rampage VI extreme.... and I`m planning to add 2 sticks more soon

gajbotron wrote:
I`m using G.Skill Ripjaw-V 3200/15 - 2 x 16gb stick and all is good on my Rampage VI extreme.... and I`m planning to add 2 sticks more soon

Are you using a Kaby Lake X chip on the R6E or dual channel RAM on a quad channel chip?

I have i9 7920x and two 16gb sticks in dual channel

gajbotron wrote:

Don't mix RAM Kits my friend!Very bad idea.... 🙂

Who said about mixing? I will buy exactly the same sticks, 2 more.... and just add it to the rig to have 64GB ram, my Adobe Premiere will be happy... 🙂

You say you have 2 sticks of RAM, you're looking to buy Corsair and that you're going to add another two stick of ram.

You should be using quad channel memory, not dual. You also shouldn't mix G-Skill and Corsair. I know they're on separate channels but it could cause issues. If you can, buy another G-Skill kit.... a quad channel kit.

gajbotron wrote:
Who said about mixing? I will buy exactly the same sticks, 2 more.... and just add it to the rig to have 64GB ram, my Adobe Premiere will be happy... 🙂

Might or might not work. QUAD kits exist for a reason - meaning that ALL sticks in the kit are tested to be found working together at their rated specs.

Buying 2X same Dual Channel kits is not the same and not guaranteed to work. If you run into problems you might not be able to manually tune them since it is not easy as there are countless settings an combinations.

I wanted to do the same since I did not want to buy more than 32GB at these prices but I went for a G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64Gb Quad kit to be sure. I did not like the price but I memory stability is not something I wanted to risk.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |