cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch fan profiles in AI Suite with Asus ROG Claymore

trecy
Level 7
Hi!

Is there a way to switch between custom fan profiles in AI Suite with Asus ROG Claymore? Right now the keyboard only switch between the default profiles.

I've tried to rename a custom fan profile to the same name as a default one och replace the xml file but then it won't be recognized as an option when switching.

trecy
3 REPLIES 3

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I am saving for that, so i can try those features. i know that armory aisuite and keybot play a roll there. i have no idea how that work. but i know that keybot is important. It is important that those macrokeys are unique. so you do not have problems. Asus use a lot of usual suspect. so keep a eye on those. most programs dos not advice on those
Learn, Play Enjoy!

namoi
Level 8
There is a dirty way.
Copy your profile inside of one of the four preset and it will works.
There are in programdata under asus/ dip/ fan xpert /profiles.

Just delete one of the asus profile and rename your one with the same name.

Edit: i didn't tested this myself but it should work.
Upon reinstall of ai suite you will have to do this again of course.

namoi wrote:
There is a dirty way.
Copy your profile inside of one of the four preset and it will works.
There are in programdata under asus/ dip/ fan xpert /profiles.

Just delete one of the asus profile and rename your one with the same name.

Edit: i didn't tested this myself but it should work.
Upon reinstall of ai suite you will have to do this again of course.

Thank you for your reply but I have already tried that. As soon as I replace a default profile or change the content of the default profile the switching stops working.

I have tried the following:

- Close AI Suite
- Deleted a default profile (e.g. "Standard (ASUS)") in C:\ProgramData\ASUS\DIP\FanXpert\Profiles
- Renamed a custom profile to "Standard (ASUS)" and copied it to C:\ProgramData\ASUS\DIP\FanXpert\Profiles
- Started AI Suite

I have also tried:

- Close AI Suite
- Copied the content of a custom profile in C:\ProgramData\ASUS\DIP\FanXpert\Profiles
- Replaced the content of a default profile (e.g. "Standard (ASUS)") with the content of the custom profile
- Started AI Suite

Both of these tries results in that the switching of profiles completely stops. I can't switch to any profile so there has to be something with the default profiles that I am missing.