cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot problem after oc.

elopezam1
Level 7
Hello guys!!!

I followed the tutorial of der8auer to overcloke my 8700K, I do everything as he says in his video and everything works in a stable and well, the problem comes when I start the pc in cold that happens what you see in the video.

der8auer video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoUtA7DKXhU&t=660s

my pc fail boot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZwWPbFp1rY

Any one can help me again please???

my pc using:
asus rog maximus x hero wifi ac
RL corsair h115i
8 REPLIES 8

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hi elopezam1 🙂

Basically this means your system is not quite stable.

Every CPU and every system is different so while videos like der8auer's are a good guide...they are just that, a guide. You have to maybe reduce the multiplier one or two...maybe raise the voltage a bit...in the end there are no recipes you have to do a bit of experimenting to find what is best for your particular setup...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Hi elopezam1 🙂

Basically this means your system is not quite stable.

Every CPU and every system is different so while videos like der8auer's are a good guide...they are just that, a guide. You have to maybe reduce the multiplier one or two...maybe raise the voltage a bit...in the end there are no recipes you have to do a bit of experimenting to find what is best for your particular setup...

it's not because it's unstable, it's still happening by lowering the frequency (4.8Ghz) and raising the voltage (1.33v), I think it's some option that I've played in the bios but I do not know which.

besides, it always happens when I turn it on cold the first time, once it freezes and I force the shutdown, when restarting it starts me without problems.

elopezam1 wrote:
it's not because it's unstable

If you set your system to F5 defaults in the BIOS...no OC...does it happen?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
If you set your system to F5 defaults in the BIOS...no OC...does it happen?

if restoring bios settings allways boot properly.

davemon50
Level 11
You didn't state your complete system specs, it would help to get a complete overview of what you are doing. What about your memory and what clocking are you using? What about your power supply? Other accessories or components? If you are overclocking and you are getting "weirdness" during operation then yes it's unstable.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
You didn't state your complete system specs, it would help to get a complete overview of what you are doing. What about your memory and what clocking are you using? What about your power supply? Other accessories or components? If you are overclocking and you are getting "weirdness" during operation then yes it's unstable.

mi pc:
asus rog maximus x hero wifi ac
intel 8700k
LR corsair h115i
ram g.skill trident z rgb 3466mhz (work at 2800mhz, auto voltaje)
power supply corsair rm850i
graphics card 1080ti aourus waterforce
audio card, sound blaster zxr
2 monitors, 1 display port (1440p 27"), 1 hdmi (1080p 22")
asus rog claymore keyboard
mouse steel series sensei wireless.

in my opinion by what I see I think it fits with the pc to start does not have enough voltage processor or something like that, but I tried to upload it and I still do the same, the first does not start.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
OK...now overclock the CPU only not the RAM...leave that at defaults...see if it happens.

Also leave CPU at stock and OC RAM to rated settings...see if it happens...

thanks guys, I have managed to solve the problem, I had activated in erdp the S4 + S5 states, I left it alone in S5 and now it starts without problems.