cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus pg279q packaging accesories and more help

ppdemo
Level 7
Please i need you help. I
buy the monitor as new and it seems to be already used. I wanted to know if all the pg279q models bring the sticker of the energy efficient norm and the cardboard of rog swift. I ask this because mine did not bring it and the screen protection came detached in 2 of its corners so it was loose and hanging. Is there any way through some hidden menu to know the hours of use and monitor cycle? How should the default options be once the monitor is turned on if it is really new?
8 REPLIES 8

ppdemo
Level 7
Nobody?

Who did you buy it from? Does it have all the packaging and accessories? Displayport cable, HDMI cable, power cord and adapter, manuals...? Does it have the stickers around the bezel? What is the manufacture date on the back of the monitor? Was everything wrapped? Like the stand, cables and other accessories? You are probably not going to be able to find out the hours used.

EDIT: If it seems like it was a used monitor, then I would refund your money and buy it somewhere else.

ppdemo
Level 7
the stickers did not bring them and the accessories also because the seller forgot to put them in the box because he says that he opens the products before sending them to see if everything is correct then he packs and sends it. As the accessories were out of the box, he immediately sent them by transport company. He swear me that the monitor is new. it is an importer that has many sales on high-end monitors

ppdemo wrote:
the stickers did not bring them and the accessories also because the seller forgot to put them in the box because he says that he opens the products before sending them to see if everything is correct then he packs and sends it. As the accessories were out of the box, he immediately sent them by transport company. He swear me that the monitor is new. it is an importer that has many sales on high-end monitors

A genuine and trustworthy retailer would never open a product and then sell it as ''new''.
That's very shady, i would return it and insist on getting a replacement that has not been opened.

What did you buy from an EBAY seller? You should return it, if you can, and buy from a reputable source (Amazon, New Egg, Best Buy... and the companies and not 3 parties on their websites).

cljustin
Level 8
What came with your monitor? If you bought a new product and it has been opened, I'd return it and get a replacement.

ppdemo
Level 7
thank you all for your comments but I tell you guys, that I have finally left because returning it would be too cumbersome for the long journey that must travel to reach destination and therefore if the transport breaks it in the course of the trip the seller I would not return my money. obviously the monitor is used since the accessories came to me separately, loose and tangled and in a supermarket bag. The average salesman who plays the fool did not want to recognize me and gave me back a small part of the money and with the guarantee of 6 months with him. So I was testing it and everything works fine, it has little backlight bleed and at the moment I have tested it and I have not found any dead or stuck pixel

ppdemo wrote:
thank you all for your comments but I tell you guys, that I have finally left because returning it would be too cumbersome for the long journey that must travel to reach destination and therefore if the transport breaks it in the course of the trip the seller I would not return my money. obviously the monitor is used since the accessories came to me separately, loose and tangled and in a supermarket bag. The average salesman who plays the fool did not want to recognize me and gave me back a small part of the money and with the guarantee of 6 months with him. So I was testing it and everything works fine, it has little backlight bleed and at the moment I have tested it and I have not found any dead or stuck pixel

What is the name of the company who sold it to you?