cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EK Hold their hands up

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
https://www.ekwb.com/news/an-apology-from-ek-to-the-enthusiasts/

Got to give props to EK for doing the right thing here.

Can't wait to see their redesigned block for TR

I have a sneaking suspicion that if they redesign a custom insert (a la supremacy but taking into account actual die placement in TR) and proper size coldplate they can retake the performance crown.

I like my XSPC block but wonder if the flow distribution is as optimal as it could be...the EK insert made a lot of sense when I first saw it.
8 REPLIES 8

gupsterg
Level 13
Marketing in action and at it's best IMO.

I wanted a cold plate update, no sorry you are lowly block owner :p. The €25 coupon is useless to me, as their web shop is dearer than other sources. Even when bought from other sources I have support from them and EK.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, there's a good spoonful of that but still...plenty of times companies say "Oh sorry...come again!"

But looking at their "new" monoblock design...I can't help wonder if they are going to miss again...

Seems like they don't want to resize the insert and rely on jet plate to distribute flow...something slightly off about that in my mind.

I don't understand why the design from the supremacy evo isn't scaled up/elongated for TR...

gupsterg
Level 13
I agree at least it's something and setting a good example. As you state they could have just said here is rev 2, please pay.

OCN member tested monoblock with new cold plate, it's still behind XSPC, etc :eek: , but much improved than before.

I also don't get what went on with EK TR block. A company like EK would have IMO had access before launch to make the best possible block. IMO Bykski really kicked out nice early block, this poster on OCN had it ~12/08/17, wish I'd seen that thread prior to ordering EK block.

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger

Da Music video

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah I saw that...I was wondering if they had come up with a half measure...being restricted by design/dimensions of current monoblock in what they could do...

Looking at new Version monoblock I thought they would do a full revision but seems to have same cooling engine...

Wait and see what the dedicated CPU block internals are like...

Heh...that guy had the block before the CPU 🙂

csbin
Level 7
https://www.ekwb.com/news/an-apology-from-ek-to-the-enthusiasts/

EK® was always dedicated to providing overclocking enthusiasts and PC builders with the best of what the market can offer. Anyone who was reading the reviews is aware that this was not entirely true for the EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition CPU water block. This was a result of an oversight from our side almost a year ago. The performance of EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition CPU water block and the X399 monoblocks, which are based on the same cold plate design, are not up to EK® standards so action had to be taken. For this reason, the EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition CPU water blocks are on a fair discount for some time and the launch of three X399 monoblocks was held off until the issue with the cold plate is fixed.

Finally, now we can try to make things right, as our engineers came up with a new cold plate, tailor-made for HEDT AMD® Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processors. The new cold plate has a much larger fin area than the older one, and now the monoblocks can even compete against the best performing Ryzen™ Threadripper™ water blocks on the market.

To set things right, everyone who purchased the EK-FB ASUS ROG ZE RGB Monoblock can apply for a free upgrade kit. The upgrade kit with the new cold plate will contain all the necessary things needed to conduct the cold plate swap. Everyone who can provide proof of purchase of the EK-FB ASUS ROG ZE RGB Monoblock is entitled to a free upgrade kit with free delivery. All you need to do is contact EK support team at www.ekwb.com/support and arrange the upgrade kit. If you need any help with replacing the old cold plate, please contact our customer service or refer to THIS video tutorial.

Unfortunately, the upgrade kit will not be available for EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition CPU water block, since it does not share the same mounting mechanism as the monoblock. Everyone who purchased EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition CPU water block before the 24th of November 2017 is entitled to a 25 €/$ coupon code. Everyone who can provide proof that the purchased was made before the 24th of November 2017 is entitled to the partial refund of 25 €/$ in a form of a coupon code. All you need to do is contact EK support team at www.ekwb.com/support and arrange the coupon code.

Our engineering team is hard at work with developing a new CPU water block which will be specifically designed for HEDT AMD® Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processors. We hope that the partial refund will compensate for the lack of performance of the EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition CPU water block and that you, our customers, will put your trust in our upcoming products.

Sincerely,
EK

EK-FB ASUS ROG ZE RGB Monoblock can apply for a free upgrade kit

Recently shared/discussed, link ;).

Da Music video

xeromist
****Merged csbin's thread into the original. ****

Thanks for the heads up gupsterg
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…