cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Hero - Audio Crackling/Popping from back and front ports

RayzTheRoof
Level 7
It's occasional, maybe every 10-30 seconds in videos. Sometimes longer periods with no noise, but it is always present and happens for only a moment, not a constant sound. This does not occur when using a USB headset at all. Did I get a bad board or something?

I have read someone post once that undervolting their CPU lead to this issue for them, and I have my CPU voltage set a little low because it was getting unnecessarily hot and the VID was super high for some reason. Vcore at load is usually 1-1.2V..ish. But I don't really agree that this would cause an audio issue.
11 REPLIES 11

Raja
Level 13
This is a known issue that Realtek says lies between how the operating system and NV drivers work. The workaround (for now) is to disable and renable the NVidia display drivers in Device Manager, or to disable Fast Startup.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
This is a known issue that Realtek says lies between how the operating system and NV drivers work. The workaround (for now) is to disable and renable the NVidia display drivers in Device Manager, or to disable Fast Startup.

Good to know!

I wonder if my audio sync issue with browser video is mobo or video driver related as well. Shrug, this new build giving me so many pains!

Raja@ASUS wrote:

yes this is the exactly the issue. but how to get them to fix it? lol.

Raja
Level 13
Yes, that's likely part of the bug. You can confirm by trying one of the workarounds in my previous post.

Workaround does not fix the audio being out of sync 😕

richac
Level 7
disabling and enabling the nvidia graphics device from device manager fixes my audio popping and instability on wake from resume when using my onboard realtek on my b250f board using displayport. Also disabled fast start in bios and windows.

Scotty99
Level 7
Probably one of the most frustrating things ive ever experienced in all my years of PC building, audio should just ****ing work...

Can we get an ETA on a fix or are we SOL?

Hello

Post without using expletives or attempting to work around the swear filters. Thank you.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Post without using expletives or attempting to work around the swear filters. Thank you.

And you are? If you don't have information on an ETA i have no use for you.