cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox controller dongle

Giox90
Level 7
Hello, this screen has taken from asus website and online I haven't found a satisfying answer so I will ask you.
My question is, what they mean with this dongle? From the advertisment it seems like you can connect every Xbox One controller to the Zephyrus without any wireless adaptor, did someone try it?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Korth
Level 14
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows-setup

It looks like a Bluetooth dongle which pairs one controller to one host computer. Like the Bluetooth dongles used on wireless mice and keyboards.

ROG ZEPHYRUS GX501 specs list support for Bluetooth 4.1 ... although there's several GX501 submodels, and I'm not sure if they all come with integrated Bluetooth.

But I've used other laptops with built-in Bluetooth, they can pair with most Bluetooth devices without using the dongle (although the dongle is usually needed once, when setting up the device pair for the first time). I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on the GX501 unless Microsoft designed this Xbox controller dongle to deliberately force hardware dependency.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]