cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fx553 + intel optane memory

don_dianson
Level 7
Does asus fx553vd supports intel optane memory?
2 REPLIES 2

sheppardpat47
Level 7
don dianson wrote:
Does asus fx553vd supports intel optane memory?

I think it's an better idea to get an SSD, because Intel Optane is a cool idea but...Really useless
Hello I hate Asus Aura 🙂 🙂 🙂

Agreed with above.

ROG FX553 is a laptop with HM175 chipset, 4 core i5/i7, and one GTX1050 GPU ... it's not even powerful enough to benefit from any of the few specific sorts of dedicated workstation/crunch stuff which might actually use Optane caching better than SSD caching. Don't be blinded by Optane's specs, they really ain't so great outside of synthetic benchmark scores, they're not as fast (or have as much capacity) as better SSDs, and they most certainly aren't worth the $$$$ cost they command.

So yes, your machine is "Optane Ready". But you'll get faster performance at lower cost with a decent SSD. You could replace the PCIe SSD with a higher-end PCIe/M.2/NVMe SSD, but I think replacing the SSHD with an SSD would be better bang for the buck. I don't think it's worth paying $1000+ to upgrade storage on an $1100 laptop.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]